McDonalds' Higher Wages = Higher Sales...

I cook my own food or eat at a decent place....I don't eat that artificial slop. If those jobs are for high school kids then why does McDonalds hire adults? I do not consider anything that pays $7 an hour a job. For that an employer should be satisfied if a person shows up.

My father taught me this phrase "pretend to Payne, I pretend to work". It really bothers some folk that a burger joint worker makes a decent wage? WHO CARES if someone is making a good wage? Why does that bother you so much? Jrez we should be happy someone is doing better. Instead some turn to hatred against the workers. Only here in america. And we say we are so great. Meh, not so much.

so how much are you willing to pay for a burger? 15, 20 bucks?
for one thing, fast food used to be for teenagers, high school age for them to be able to get a resume started and they could work and go to school at the same time. what is that some of you don't understand? and when people stop buying those high dollar hamburgers MORE workers will be LET GO.

By your logic, burgers should be $100 after all of the wage increases in my lifetime.

I'm not dodging. You're trying to argue things I never stated. Try to follow the context of the discussion.

I read the discussion, and I also sense the underlying subtext coming from you. So, without further ado, here is you arguing for $15/hr minimum wage, again:

By your logic, burgers should be $100 after all of the wage increases in my lifetime.

I cook my own food or eat at a decent place....I don't eat that artificial slop. If those jobs are for high school kids then why does McDonalds hire adults? I do not consider anything that pays $7 an hour a job. For that an employer should be satisfied if a person shows up.

That's good, of course they hire some adults. but mostly you will see high school age.

Not where I live...you can't find a high schooler working at McDonalds...Cuz we don't have one. Our high school kids are found at home at night...they should not be working.

I'm not dodging. You're trying to argue things I never stated. Try to follow the context of the discussion.

I read the discussion, and I also sense the underlying subtext coming from you. So, without further ado, here is you arguing for $15/hr minimum wage, again:

[/QUOT
I said nothing of $15 an hour you dunce. You quoted nothing.

I'm pretty sure I did. You can't admit it.

I know I didn't dumbass.

Are you daft? I said nothing of $15 or even MW. You don't get to invent your own context dumbass.

Not where I live...you can't find a high schooler working at McDonalds...Cuz we don't have one. Our high school kids are found at home at night...they should not be working.

Nothing wrong with working. While growing up, I was working since the age of 12.

Granted much of it was with my father who did side jobs as a bricklayer after work and on weekends, but I had several other jobs besides.

When I got out of school and took my first full-time job, I already had some work ethics down. The things I learned working as a child were invaluable. Because of that, I was always considered a valuable worker compared to my peers no matter where I worked.

Nothing wrong with working. While growing up, I was working since the age of 12.

Granted much of it was with my father who did side jobs as a bricklayer after work and on weekends, but I had several other jobs besides.

When I got out of school and took my first full-time job, I already had some work ethics down. The things I learned working as a child were invaluable. Because of that, I was always considered a valuable worker compared to my peers no matter where I worked.

that's part of the problem with our young people today. they have these people telling them they don't need to work or gain real life experience. they can just rely on the taxpayers via a political party.

$15 an hour will pull in more dedicated and longer staying employees. Thus customers get a better experience. Where is the bad part in that.

I'll use a personal experience.

One of my former tenants works fast food joints and so did her live in boyfriend. Always late with rent, always drove crap cars that barely ran, never had extra money for anything.

She stayed here nearly seven years and left as she came: working fast food joints.

That may be fine for now--she's in her mid 20's, but you can only do that so long. So why didn't she and her boyfriend move on? Because they smoke pot.

Better paying jobs drug test and these two were not about to subject themselves to that. It was always my hope that when they got a little older and figured out that pot wasn't worth being poor, they would quit the dope and start advancing in life.

Of course, if we in my state drastically increased minimum wage, the time for them to grow up and quit pot might come at a later age when it's a little too late to join the game.

Minimum wage jobs are a foundation--not a career. After you get some work experience, after you learn some things, after you get good references, you're supposed to move to better things. Higher minimum wage defeats that progress.

The employer hires who they wish. That never changes.

They can just as easily let those they hire go just as easily. You live with this notion that things will somehow, magically, still be okay when you start hiking wages for menial jobs such as burger flipping or saying "hello, welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order?"

The thread is about the CEO stating sales have increased due in part to them raising wages. If you have a beef, take it up with him.

BTW, MW has been raised many times over the life of McDonald's and they have survived very well.

Well now some are experimenting with automation. No more woman taking your order, you will go to the kiosk and punch your order in. No more french fry makers, a machine will make the fires, salt them and keep them warm until it gets an order to pack them into the french fry carton. No more extra ice in that pop of yours. The machine puts the exact same amount of ice in each drink.

My father taught me this phrase "pretend to Payne, I pretend to work". It really bothers some folk that a burger joint worker makes a decent wage? WHO CARES if someone is making a good wage? Why does that bother you so much? Jrez we should be happy someone is doing better. Instead some turn to hatred against the workers. Only here in america. And we say we are so great. Meh, not so much.

so how much are you willing to pay for a burger? 15, 20 bucks?
for one thing, fast food used to be for teenagers, high school age for them to be able to get a resume started and they could work and go to school at the same time. what is that some of you don't understand? and when people stop buying those high dollar hamburgers MORE workers will be LET GO.

If you want expensive food, go to a dinner sponsored by the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Hillary Clinton Snags $15M+ From George Clooney-Hosted SF & LA Fundraisers

Automation will happen at $15/hour. It will happen at $10/hour. It will happen at $5/hour,

as long as automation costs less.

If the minimum wage was a buck an hour, and replacing someone with a machine cost fifty cents an hour,

that person is gone.

I see the left is ignoring the fact that sales first fell in response to their food tasting like ass, then rose after they improved the menu and offered all day breakfast which is the one area of their menu that remained popular. That sales rose in response to price increases, well only a liberal would believe that.

You should write to the CEO and tell him he's mistaken.

The CEO is playing the game.

McDonald's has been on the liberal black book just like Walmart for the jobs and pay they offer. A good CEO knows that turns off some people in spite of half of the reports being lies. So why not take the success of a brilliant move like all day breakfast and try to attract those customers who bought into that minimum wage crap? Another brilliant move by the CEO, because he knows dupes like you will just buy into it regardless if it makes sense or not.

As long as my Big Mac combo tastes like a big mac combo, I could care less what the workers make or how happy they are with the job. This is what's known as common sense.

Forum List

Back