McDonalds' Higher Wages = Higher Sales...

Gotta love how the lefties twist everything to fit their agenda....

This is more realistic

Raising wages = less employees
Raising wages = less hours worked
Raising wages = raising prices on items sold....

Does anyone think forcing a company to raise their labor costs will not change anything?....

Yet that hasn't happened in this case. I know this makes y'all greedy white Republican dudes very sad, but the sky hasn't fallen. We can treat our American Workers with dignity and respect. The world won't collapse if we do.

Increase in sales is due to them serving breakfast all day. Lol

Yeah, but greedy white Republican dudes were just boasting about higher wages resulting in McDonalds tanking and the 'uppity slaves' all losing their jobs. But it looks like paying higher wages hasn't bankrupted McDonalds. It's actually going in the opposite direction. As i predicted, the sky hasn't fallen.
Are they paying them 15.00 an hour? I'm glad they are paying them more.

In some states they will receive $15. And i'm glad you're glad they're paying them more. :)

Rightwingers/Republicans will deny, deny, deny - but the proof is in the puddin'.

Fortune.com: McDonald's CEO Says Better Worker Benefits Boosting U.S. Sales
by Phil Wahba
April 22, 2016, 3:19 PM EDT

<snip>

“The improvements we made to our compensation and benefits package to employees in U.S.-company operated restaurants, along with expanding Archways to Opportunity … have resulted in lower crew turnover and higher customers satisfaction scores,” Easterbrook said.

<snip>

I'm a fan of raising wages, however, this article actually has pretty much no relation to raising the minimum wages. Why? Well, it is comparative not absolute. Right now McDonald's is raising wages so that, comparatively, they do offer wages than some of the competition...so they attract a better workforce. That is one of the basics of business and something almost nobody denies. However, that has pretty much nothing to do with raising an absolute, like a minimum. Let's take an example. Say McDonald's pays an average of $10...but we raise the minimum wage to $15. Now, to stay with that comparative wage McDonald's would then have to pay an average of $20.69 (or ~38% above the new minimum). Now, if they did stay with that comparatively higher wage then they would experience the same benefits. However, that is so unlikely as to be absurd.

TL;DR: Don't use a comparative case and then apply it to an absolute one.

Rightwingers/Republicans will deny, deny, deny - but the proof is in the puddin'.

by Phil Wahba

<snip>

“The improvements we made to our compensation and benefits package to employees in U.S.-company operated restaurants, along with expanding Archways to Opportunity … have resulted in lower crew turnover and higher customers satisfaction scores,” Easterbrook said.

<snip>

It’s worth noting though that the wages at Walmart and McDonald’s remain very far from the $15 level many advocates and government officials are pushing for. Still, so far the raises seem enough to get employees on board to help with the huge task of keeping these chains’ turnaround going.

This is what those of us with business experience were saying when these idiots advocating $15 wage increase!
The $15/hour wage wouldn't help the 3.5 million working at minimum wage:
50.6% or 1,797,000 were mostly employed teenagers age 16 to 24 years
Tables 1 - 10; Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2012
Because if it jumped immediately to $15/hr the above people would be laid off!

The other value add of this was it is a MARKET driven issue NOT a government interference!
If McDonald's et.al. want to do it in response to the market I'm not against it. I against idiots in government who have no idea what a income statement is
dictating that New Yorkers and Mississippi workers Both get $15/hour! So out of touch with the reality of economics.
Let McDonald's in NY pay the market rate which may be higher then $15 /hour so be it ! It is the market that dictates and NOT idiots in Washington!

If it was so easy to show how he is incorrect you would've revealed the big secret by now. Instead you keep saying it's incorrect and think that is proof.

What big secret?
McDonalds store sales dramatically increased beginning last October when they did two primary things:
1) Went to all day breakfast.
2) Switched back to the original recipe for the Egg McMuffin that people were complaining about.

McDonald's is a public company. Anyone can look up their sales numbers...as about 20 of us in this thread has repeatedly shown. You don't want to listen, because it doesn't fit your narritive - which is all you are interested in.

Customers have no interest in what burger flippers make. There is no customer satisfaction when the kitchen crew gets a raise.

McDonalds will move to automation, like everyone else. Then there will be more articles about how happy customers are.
MAchines don't fuck up orders

Just show me how the CEO was wrong to include wage increases and you'll make your point. So far thats all I asked for and you repeated keep saying the wage increase doesnt matter but keep forgetting to mention WHY

Just show me how the CEO was wrong to include wage increases and you'll make your point. So far thats all I asked for and you repeated keep saying the wage increase doesnt matter but keep forgetting to mention WHY

Duuude - for f*cks sake - the wage increase began a month ago...the dramatic sales increase everyone is taking about began last October!!!....what do you not get??

It's like this...
You have a car...it has been getting 15 mpg.
a) You switch to a different gas in October 2015...and within a week you are getting 18 mpg..and getting better every week.
b) In march you add a fuel additive....your mpg does not increase any measurable amounts and 30 days later you tell everyone "Thank God I added that fuel additive...my gas mileage is great!!"

Now...would that be a true statement?

What do you see in this chart?... MCD Interactive Stock Chart | Yahoo! Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance

They can just as easily let those they hire go just as easily. You live with this notion that things will somehow, magically, still be okay when you start hiking wages for menial jobs such as burger flipping or saying "hello, welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order?"

The thread is about the CEO stating sales have increased due in part to them raising wages. If you have a beef, take it up with him.

BTW, MW has been raised many times over the life of McDonald's and they have survived very well.

Well now some are experimenting with automation. No more woman taking your order, you will go to the kiosk and punch your order in. No more french fry makers, a machine will make the fires, salt them and keep them warm until it gets an order to pack them into the french fry carton. No more extra ice in that pop of yours. The machine puts the exact same amount of ice in each drink.

Every retail space in America has had and expanded self checkouts for years now. It's nothing new and it has nothing to do with wages and everything to do with technological advancements becoming less expensive.

Some of what you say is true, but how is increasing wages going to compete with the lowered cost of automation?

If an employer increases wage $1.00 per hour, that's only the pay. There are many other costs associated with that increase.

An employer has to match SS and Medicare contributions by the employee. An increased wage to the employee is an increased cost to those programs for the employer. And what if an employer is providing retirement benefits? That too has to be matched according to employee contributions. Then there is unemployment and workman's compensation insurance that base their rates on the wages of the employee. Vacation, holiday pay, sick pay......all of these are benefits which an increased wage affects when the employer has to pay that out.

You possess no ability for critical thought.
If we use your logic formula then wages can never be raised by anyone at anytime lest a percentage of workers lose out to automation. Obviously history does not reflect that thinking.

It doesn't? How many articles would you like me to post that says the exact opposite; that machines are the number one job killer in manufacturing?

History does not reflect that thinking? Well why don't we have anybody making horseshoes anymore? What happened to the ice man that used to bring those huge blocks of ice to your ice box so you could keep your food cold? What happened to all those telephone operators? How many people earn their living digging ditches with a shovel? How many pay phones do you have in your city or town?

And talk about critical thinking: If I go to McDonald's today and get my big mack meal, I'm happy and go home. If they dramatically increase wages for those workers, I still go to McDonald's, get my Big Mac meal, and go home. Now you explain the dynamics why I would go back more often because the crew is making more money.

I don't go to McDonald's to see how much money anybody is making, I go to McDonald's to get my big mac combo.

Robots are more cost effective than humans:

A former McDonald's CEO is warning that robots will take over jobs at the huge enterprise - because it's cheaper than employing humans.

He said that buying highly skilled robotics is cheaper than employing people at the fast food restaurant.

The worrying forecast comes as he warns huge job losses are imminent, and that it's 'common sense' to replace humans in the workplace.

Ed Rensi said: "I was at the National Restaurant Show yesterday and if you look at the robotic devices that are coming into the restaurant industry.

"It’s cheaper to buy a $35,000 (£24,000) robotic arm than it is to hire an employee who’s inefficient making $15 (£10.20) an hour bagging French fries.

"It's nonsense and it’s very destructive and it’s inflationary and it’s going to cause a job loss across this country like you’re not going to believe."...

Building robot McDonald's staff 'cheaper' than hiring workers on minimum wage

by Phil Wahba

<snip>

<snip>

Wow, higher wages reduce turnover. Even a liberal regressive seems to understand something about business whenever it fits his ideology. Maybe next time you can look up the cost sides associated with certain procedures, then you could start making successful decisions in your life too.

Only in liberal mind does this all equate to, let's force everyone to pay more!

Robots are more cost effective than humans:

A former McDonald's CEO is warning that robots will take over jobs at the huge enterprise - because it's cheaper than employing humans.

He said that buying highly skilled robotics is cheaper than employing people at the fast food restaurant.

The worrying forecast comes as he warns huge job losses are imminent, and that it's 'common sense' to replace humans in the workplace.

Ed Rensi said: "I was at the National Restaurant Show yesterday and if you look at the robotic devices that are coming into the restaurant industry.

"It’s cheaper to buy a $35,000 (£24,000) robotic arm than it is to hire an employee who’s inefficient making $15 (£10.20) an hour bagging French fries.

"It's nonsense and it’s very destructive and it’s inflationary and it’s going to cause a job loss across this country like you’re not going to believe."...

Actuallly all he is saying that highly skilled people are more efficient than low skilled people.

Minimum wage is a subsidy from the poor unskilled people to the rich politically connected, who experience a surge in sales.

by Phil Wahba

<snip>

<snip>

Not to mention Goodwill which is very important to corporations large and small.
Ha, this one's sure to send greedy white Republican dude into a tizzy. He was desperately hoping McDonalds would tank and the 'uppity slaves' would all lose their jobs. Looks like it's going the other way though. Cue the hilarious hissyfits. ;)

Is this suppose to be another thread trying to convince everyone that min wage is a good thing? It is definitely true that better wages are better for the employer since they can afford to higher quality help but that is a business decision. I don't see what this has to do with min wage.

by Phil Wahba

<snip>

<snip>

LOL, leave it to gub'mint worshipers to equate a private company increasing employee compensation voluntarily with government price controls on the labor market, that's like saying that if removing a brain tumor yields positive results it proves that removing the whole brain is a good idea.:rolleyes:

You seem to forget that the argument from you people for ages has always been that a minimum wage increase would cripple the fast food industry.

Gotta love how the lefties twist everything to fit their agenda....

This is more realistic

Raising wages = less employees
Raising wages = less hours worked
Raising wages = raising prices on items sold....

Does anyone think forcing a company to raise their labor costs will not change anything?....

giggle! - Speaking of "realistic" - Empirical evidence is umm-uhh, well-uh, empirical...period.

Thanks for expressing your unproven theory/opinion, OTOH McDonalds' CEO is basing his take on how increased wages affect his business on real world... evidence - rightwingers/Republicans should try it sometime.

The employer hires who they wish. That never changes.

They can just as easily let those they hire go just as easily. You live with this notion that things will somehow, magically, still be okay when you start hiking wages for menial jobs such as burger flipping or saying "hello, welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order?"

The thread is about the CEO stating sales have increased due in part to them raising wages. If you have a beef, take it up with him.

BTW, MW has been raised many times over the life of McDonald's and they have survived very well.

Once again you confuse opposition to government mandating of something with opposition to the actual item in question.

Results are the same regardless

That is where you are wrong. When government sticks its nose into things, the results are pretty much always worse. For example....look at the transgender bathroom nonsense in NC. Could have simply left it alone and let businesses decide how to solve their own problems. But the government had to get involved, and now it's illegal for a father to take his three year old daughter into a public bathroom when she has to make potty.

The government stuck its nose in for world war 2 and the moon landing...

So you arguement is now pretty much dead in the water...

Forum List

Back