🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

McDonald's profit very close to amount it costs taxpayers

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
McDonald's Billion-Dollar Profit Is Awkwardly Close To The Amount It Costs Taxpayers Every Year

McDonald's announced Monday that it raked in $1.5 billion in profits in the third quarter, up 5 percent from last year.

The number is strikingly close to the $1.2 billion taxpayers are shelling out each year to help pay public assistance to the McDonald's workforce, according to a report released last week by the National Employment Law Project.

The echoing numbers are simply a coincidence, but underscore the immense profits that the chain continues to pull in while its workers simply struggle to afford food, medical help and housing. The public assistance McDonald's workers receive comes via food stamps, welfare, Medicaid and other federal programs, according to the NELP report.

FastFood.png

As long as mega-huge companies refuse to pay a livable wage, tax payers have to take up the slack. Amazingly, this will make rw's happy.

The government needs to nationalize McDonald's and run it like it was the ObamaCare website

McDonald's Billion-Dollar Profit Is Awkwardly Close To The Amount It Costs Taxpayers Every Year

McDonald's announced Monday that it raked in $1.5 billion in profits in the third quarter, up 5 percent from last year.

The number is strikingly close to the $1.2 billion taxpayers are shelling out each year to help pay public assistance to the McDonald's workforce, according to a report released last week by the National Employment Law Project.

The echoing numbers are simply a coincidence, but underscore the immense profits that the chain continues to pull in while its workers simply struggle to afford food, medical help and housing. The public assistance McDonald's workers receive comes via food stamps, welfare, Medicaid and other federal programs, according to the NELP report.
FastFood.png

As long as mega-huge companies refuse to pay a livable wage, tax payers have to take up the slack. Amazingly, this will make rw's happy.

McDonalds is employing zombies? Did you tell the health department? I am pretty sure that having employees rotting in food violates some sort of health code.

LOL Right on cue.

Anybody wanna bet that not one rw will post in favor of the little guy?

They're so by the muslin at fux, they don't even know they're hurting themselves and their familes.

1377085_660913537263848_607838051_n.png

So what are you saying? That McDonalds should run at a loss and increase worker pay?
And did McDonalds ask the government to provide such assistance to its employees?

Here is a scenario that the economcially inept wont grasp. Lets say McDonalds decides to increase its worker pay. To the tune of 1.2 billion aggregate.

Will McDonalds raise any of its prices on conusmers?

LOL Right on cue.

Anybody wanna bet that not one rw will post in favor of the little guy?

They're so by the muslin at fux, they don't even know they're hurting themselves and their familes.

1377085_660913537263848_607838051_n.png

Drop outs, low skill, bad life choice citizens, i would imagine.

Wow, why doesn't Obama seize (nationalize) all those companies, shut them down and adopt all the displaced employees as his personal chillins? Surely Moochelle could feed them with the food going to waste in The White House Sharecrop Garden, couldn't she?

1. McDonald's is a business. If you don't like the way they operate, don't work there.

2. McDonald's is a business. If you don't like the food, don't eat there.

You are the product of the choices you make. No one has EVER forced me to work anywhere. Ever.

I was forced to eat my mamma's cooking. But I miss that.

1. McDonald's is a business. If you don't like the way they operate, don't work there.

You are the product of the choices you make. No one has EVER forced me to work anywhere. Ever.

Health insurance companies are a business. If you don't like the price of their insurance, don't buy it.

Whoops - That little fella in Washington says you gotta or pay a fine.

So what are you saying? That McDonalds should run at a loss and increase worker pay?
And did McDonalds ask the government to provide such assistance to its employees?

Here is a scenario that the economcially inept wont grasp. Lets say McDonalds decides to increase its worker pay. To the tune of 1.2 billion aggregate.

They are likely doing better working part time at Micky D's and getting the government option on the side than they would be doing something else full time.

Health insurance companies are a business. If you don't like the price of their insurance, don't buy it.

Whoops - That little fella in Washington says you gotta or pay a fine.

IOU + rep.

of course.... run it like a government deal.....

FastFood.png

You know, I bet if we passed a law forcing everyone to eat at McDonald's, they'd be able to afford to pay their workers more. Let's get Liz Fowler to write up a plan!

FastFood.png

and there is nothing wrong with them getting several part time jobs....and staying off of welfare either....

FastFood.png

You know, I bet if we passed a law forcing everyone to eat at McDonald's, they'd be able to afford to pay their workers more. Let's get Liz Fowler to write up a plan!

Yep... the more I think about it, it's a matter of personal responsibility. Are you doing your part Luddly? Do you eat at McDonald's every day to support their underpaid workers? If not, then you're just a freeloader. A mooch.

We need to pass the Individual Happy Meal Mandate. Then we could require McDonald's to pay their employees 150% of the minimum wage. Everybody wins. Supersize the nation!

Here's a novel idea.

When there was full employment and McDonalds was having to compete with other businesses for employees, it paid much better than it does when there are 100 applicants for every position to be filled.

So how does the OP square with a concept that it is precisely BECAUSE the government provides subsidies to people working at a McDonald's wage that encourages people to work at those low wages?

When government subsidies, including extended unemployment insurance, encourage folks NOT to work, is that the people's fault? Or is it the government?

Now I'll admit that I don't eat at McDonalds much because in all honesty, I can go to Furr's Fresh Buffet and get a much better and much healthier meal for the same amount of money. But guess what? Furr's Fresh Buffet doesn't pay any better than McDonalds does. But then they don't have a drive through when it is raining or I am just too tired to get out of my car and walk in.

So what is better? Forcing McDonalds to pay more and lose more business?

Or to have a government that encourages and facilitates full private sector employment so that companies have to compete for their workers who then have the choice of working for the highest bidder?

The government needs to nationalize McDonald's and run it like it was the ObamaCare website

The Obamacare website was given to private contractors. Notice how that worked out. You brought up Obama website (which I just schooled you on), because you had no answer for why do taxpayers subsidize McDonalds.

Forum List

Back