🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

McDonald's profit very close to amount it costs taxpayers

Taxpayers do not subsidze McDonalds. The government subsidizes workers that it has forced into low paying jobs purely because government has meddled where government had no business meddling. McDonalds had absolutely nothing to do with that.

McDonald's Billion-Dollar Profit Is Awkwardly Close To The Amount It Costs Taxpayers Every Year

McDonald's announced Monday that it raked in $1.5 billion in profits in the third quarter, up 5 percent from last year.

The number is strikingly close to the $1.2 billion taxpayers are shelling out each year to help pay public assistance to the McDonald's workforce, according to a report released last week by the National Employment Law Project.

The echoing numbers are simply a coincidence, but underscore the immense profits that the chain continues to pull in while its workers simply struggle to afford food, medical help and housing. The public assistance McDonald's workers receive comes via food stamps, welfare, Medicaid and other federal programs, according to the NELP report.

FastFood.png

As long as mega-huge companies refuse to pay a livable wage, tax payers have to take up the slack. Amazingly, this will make rw's happy.

Working at mcdonalds is NOT the place to make a living.

McDonald's Billion-Dollar Profit Is Awkwardly Close To The Amount It Costs Taxpayers Every Year

McDonald's announced Monday that it raked in $1.5 billion in profits in the third quarter, up 5 percent from last year.

The number is strikingly close to the $1.2 billion taxpayers are shelling out each year to help pay public assistance to the McDonald's workforce, according to a report released last week by the National Employment Law Project.

The echoing numbers are simply a coincidence, but underscore the immense profits that the chain continues to pull in while its workers simply struggle to afford food, medical help and housing. The public assistance McDonald's workers receive comes via food stamps, welfare, Medicaid and other federal programs, according to the NELP report.

FastFood.png

As long as mega-huge companies refuse to pay a livable wage, tax payers have to take up the slack. Amazingly, this will make rw's happy.

and there is nothing wrong with them getting several part time jobs....and staying off of welfare either....

I overheard the guy bagging my groceries at Kroger the other day talking about having 3 jobs, 'anything it takes to take care of the wife and babies.'

FastFood.png

You know, I bet if we passed a law forcing everyone to eat at McDonald's, they'd be able to afford to pay their workers more. Let's get Liz Fowler to write up a plan!

Yep... the more I think about it, it's a matter of personal responsibility. Are you doing your part Luddly? Do you eat at McDonald's every day to support their underpaid workers? If not, then you're just a freeloader. A mooch.

We need to pass the Individual Happy Meal Mandate. Then we could require McDonald's to pay their employees 150% of the minimum wage. Everybody wins. Supersize the nation!

Or perhaps pay their employees commission for sales made. Make them pay up. LOL

FastFood.png

You know, I bet if we passed a law forcing everyone to eat at McDonald's, they'd be able to afford to pay their workers more. Let's get Liz Fowler to write up a plan!

Yep... the more I think about it, it's a matter of personal responsibility. Are you doing your part Luddly? Do you eat at McDonald's every day to support their underpaid workers? If not, then you're just a freeloader. A mooch.

We need to pass the Individual Happy Meal Mandate. Then we could require McDonald's to pay their employees 150% of the minimum wage. Everybody wins. Supersize the nation!

LOL. Brilliant. I wonder how many of our friends who demonize McDonalds, Wal-mart, etc. etc. because they don't pay enough would want a mandate that they HAD to patronize such businesses in return for those businesses paying their employees better. :)

1. McDonald's is a business. If you don't like the way they operate, don't work there.

2. McDonald's is a business. If you don't like the food, don't eat there.

You are the product of the choices you make. No one has EVER forced me to work anywhere. Ever.

I was forced to eat my mamma's cooking. But I miss that.

And even there I occasionally hid my butter beans under the dining room rug so that I could be permitted to leave the table.

These jokers don't wanna be forced to buy stuff from McDonalds, but they want somebody to force McDonalds to pay their people more to serve fewer customers.

Where did we go wrong in basic gradeschool math?

FastFood.png

and there is nothing wrong with them getting several part time jobs....and staying off of welfare either....

I overheard the guy bagging my groceries at Kroger the other day talking about having 3 jobs, 'anything it takes to take care of the wife and babies.'

Been there, done that. Did it happily and would do it again in a heartbeat. That's life. Or it was, now there are way to many "educated" with begger hand out. It is silly to many of us.

Been there, done that. Did it happily and would do it again in a heartbeat. That's life. Or it was, now there are way to many "educated" with begger hand out. It is silly to many of us.

As did we. Between hubby and I we at one time:

- each had a full time job
- He also was in the National Guard requiring duty every Tuesday night and one weekend a month
- On Saturday nights, he inserted the funnies and other extra stuff into the Sunday paper - by hand. Got paid per piece and because he was so fast at it, he made darn good money.
- We had a motor paper route - he threw papers between 4 and 5 in the morning - I threw them in the afternoon.
- I took in free lance legal work and typing.
- He sometimes would drill wheat for a farmer for several hours during the night.

In time we moved up the rungs in our full time jobs and we could focus more on those. But it has been fairly rare that we have had only one job apiece.

We have never ever complained about the pay we agree to work for. If it isn't enough we looked to supplement it or we looked for something better. The employer bidding the highest for our labor wasn't always the winner, but he usually was. :)

FastFood.png

Brilliant, D.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back