Me again.

Colin norris

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2021
The level if religious intensity fluctuates from time and place, but it an be stated as a truth that religion does not and in the long run can not, be content with its own marvellous claims and sublime assurances. It must seek to I referee with the lives of non believers, or heretics or adherents to other faiths. It may speak about the bliss if the next world, but it wants power in this one. This us only to be expected. It is after all, wholly man made. And it does not have the confidence in its own various preaching even to allow coexist fence between different faiths.

Here's the hypocrisy. In 1996 Ireland had a referendum to allow divorce. Mother Theresa flew from Calcutta to campaign against it, as you'd expect. In the same year she said in an interview she hoped princess diana would be happy after she was divorced from a unhappy marriage.
But it's not hypocrisy for the church to apply sterner laws to the poor but allow indulgences to the rich.
Perish the thought old mother Theresa took money off the wealthy but kept herself employed by maintaining poverty.

The level if religious intensity fluctuates from time and place, but it an be stated as a truth that religion does not and in the long run can not, be content with its own marvellous claims and sublime assurances. It must seek to I referee with the lives of non believers, or heretics or adherents to other faiths. It may speak about the bliss if the next world, but it wants power in this one. This us only to be expected. It is after all, wholly man made. And it does not have the confidence in its own various preaching even to allow coexist fence between different faiths.

Here's the hypocrisy. In 1996 Ireland had a referendum to allow divorce. Mother Theresa flew from Calcutta to campaign against it, as you'd expect. In the same year she said in an interview she hoped princess diana would be happy after she was divorced from a unhappy marriage.
But it's not hypocrisy for the church to apply sterner laws to the poor but allow indulgences to the rich.
Perish the thought old mother Theresa took money off the wealthy but kept herself employed by maintaining poverty.
Mother Theresa wishing someone happiness who is a sinner happiness is hypocrisy?

Hell, I could do better than that. How about a Pope that preaches about the evils of building walls while basically ignoring the genocide of abortion all around the world? Abortion Joe Catholic Biden anyone? Or how about the Catholic church refusing to come out against the Holocaust publicly in order to save their own skins?

Where is the power? Basically all religions of the world today come from one book and you ask where is the power? You look around at a lifeless universe other than this small little rock in the Milky Way with the inability of scientists to create the simplest of life structures known as the cell and you ask what evidence of the power of God exists?

LOL.

Forum List

Back