Meanwhile, in fdr's Concentration Camps....

You know, quite a while back I got slapped in here really hard because I actually used the translation of his name. I said that is what I was calling him, as that is what he named himself and was still told it was inappropriate.

I will admit, he does have some decent understanding of Japan. But it is also rather shallow, and is indeed slanted strongly towards an almost fantasy like belief of the nation and culture. Especially in the early Showa era like this. But with his fascination on early Showa era and apparently being an Otaku, I can only imagine he has a loop of Momotaro: Sacred Sailors playing all the time on his desktop.

And I find it fascinating that for all of his otaku-ness, I have much more respect for them than he does. As he believes they were willing to give a total surrender before the bombs were dropped, and only provides the same recycled and unsourced claims to validate that. Meanwhile, ignores the actual meetings of the Saikō sensō shidō kaigi {Supreme War Council or "Big Six") never make any mention of any of those attempts. And they were voting 6 to 0 to continue the war "no matter what to the ultimate conclusion) even after the news of the bombing in Hiroshima arrived.

And in the past he has attacked the US for the oil and steel embargo, considering it to be a blockade and completely ignoring the Second Sino-Japanese War which instigated that action.

Almost no histories ever mention the fact that over of third of them were not citizens, and never would be, or that the Japanese were holding 'Victory Parades' for every success the Japanese had overseas in their invasions. and they were sending Red Cross style packages and goods to Japanese troops through out the 1920's and 1930's, until the attack on Pearl. They also never reported Japanese attempts at recruiting spies and saboteurs in the U.S. throughout the 1930's, or the Niihau Incident in Hawaii. While that doesn't make them all guilty, it does make it expedient to intern the West Coast Japanese during a wartime emergency; we didn't have time to spend years investigating all of them. And, most of the violence directed against them on the west coast was from Filipino fishermen and other Asians, and that would have continued if they remained.

We didn't intern the Japanese in the Midwest or east coast. I have a great uncle that was interned, we are of German descent, from some of the first German colonists in Texas, around New Bruanfels and that area of Texas, and he was an open Hitler fan in the 1930's and got rounded up, though he was allowed to enlist and was sent to the Pacific, for the same reasons the Japanese volunteer regiment was sent to Europe. He never sniveled about it later.

Last edited:
Almost no histories ever mention the fact that over of third of them were not citizens, and never would be....
So it's ok to throw innocent civilians who are legal residents into concentration camps because fdr was a fucking racist douche?

...They also never reported Japanese attempts at recruiting spies and saboteurs in the U.S. throughout the 1930's, ....
Not ONE Japanese American was EVER convicted of espionage or sabotage throughout the duration of the war.

We didn't intern the Japanese in the Midwest or east coast. ....
If any of the bullshit excuses held water, the great many Japanese on Hawaii would have been added to fdr's concentration camps.

Soldiers loading innocent civilians onto trains bound for concentration camps. Where have we seen that before?
View attachment 732344
You are a wart on this nation

The issue of japanese internment is settled

America admits it was wrong and has for about 50 years

Where have you been?

Polishing a rusty old banzai sword that horrible Imerial Japan soldiers used to chop off the heads of chinese citizens and Allied prisoners?

Because Japan has much to be sorry for

Your internment camp fetish is disgusting

America has gotten over that war but you just cant let it go

You are a wart on this nation

The issue of japanese internment is settled

America admits it was wrong and has for about 50 years

Where have you been?

Polishing a rusty old banzai sword that horrible Imerial Japan soldiers used to chop off the heads of chinese citizens and Allied prisoners?

Because Japan has much to be sorry for

Your internment camp fetish is disgusting

America has gotten over that war but you just cant let it go
Do you realize what forum this is, genius?

Soooo....you don't want to discuss history in the history forum if it's history that makes you uncomfortable? Talk about cryin'....
Boring is more like it

Do you know how much the japanese are still hated in china and korea?

I bet you dont

We dont have that here in America because most people have moved on along with our history

And thats in spite of rabble rousers like you

A disgusting and inaccurate "translation."

Oh really?

うんこたれ

That reads as "unko tare", and a literal translation is "poop head" or "poop face", and is also a word for a scatalogical fetish.

So please tell us, what is the correct translation? Because that is the only one I am aware of.

So please correct that translation. Because in all my decades I have never seen another one.

Almost no histories ever mention the fact that over of third of them were not citizens, and never would be, or that the Japanese were holding 'Victory Parades' for every success the Japanese had overseas in their invasions. and they were sending Red Cross style packages and goods to Japanese troops through out the 1920's and 1930's, until the attack on Pearl. They also never reported Japanese attempts at recruiting spies and saboteurs in the U.S. throughout the 1930's, or the Niihau Incident in Hawaii. While that doesn't make them all guilty, it does make it expedient to intern the West Coast Japanese during a wartime emergency; we didn't have time to spend years investigating all of them. And, most of the violence directed against them on the west coast was from Filipino fishermen and other Asians, and that would have continued if they remained.

And none of that really matters.

This is the US, and all are welcome to exercise their First Amendment Rights. If some group wants to hold a parade in honor of their "home country", then that is their right and nobody has any right to say anything against it.

So long as we are not at war with them at the time. And in the 1920s and 1920s, we were not at war with Japan. They were in fact still our ally then, that did not start to sour until the late 1930s.

We didn't intern the Japanese in the Midwest or east coast. I have a great uncle that was interned, we are of German descent, from some of the first German colonists in Texas, around New Bruanfels and that area of Texas, and he was an open Hitler fan in the 1930's and got rounded up, though he was allowed to enlist and was sent to the Pacific, for the same reasons the Japanese volunteer regiment was sent to Europe. He never sniveled about it later.

I am aware, and even put up a map of what the Exclusion Zone was. And a great many simply moved inland themselves so they were no longer in that zone. And they also rounded up large numbers of German-Americans and Italian-Americans.

If somebody wants to have an actual legitimate conversation on these topics, I am more than willing to take part. But like all of those that poopface brings up, it is distorted, twisted, and almost entirely propaganda without any of the historical context.

Forum List

Back