Meatloaf Without Dried Onions?

You really do pluck the strings of this old redneck heart rellic

~S~
Sadly all those good men have been dead for a decade or better.....It was sort of a mixed blessing to have (mostly) friends who were of my dad's age. I sure learned a lot though.

Man, once they got going with their stories it was like a Jerry Clower record that lasted for hours.

My meatloaf uses the trinity, onions, celery, carrots, finely diced. Also cooked for 5-10 minutes first, then pressed to get rid of as much liquid as possible.

three meats, beef, veal pork, fresh parsley, Italian seasoning, pecorino Romano cheese, a combo of panko and Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, eggs, and a few slices of bread soaked in milk and pressed dry as possible.

always cook on a rack, never shaped by a pan, to let the excess grease come out of it.

Coat towards the end with tomato paste/sauce combo, so it sticks without burning.

Maybe it's just because I'm used to it as being an old family recipe but up until now I've always had it with dried onions in it but now I want to try making it without the onions as I've never really been a big fan of that part anyways as I'm definitely not an onion eater.

I was just wondering how other people on here make meatloaf and if it does much to the taste without the dried onions added in there as I'm making it for company on Wednesday night dinner and they're good with no onions if I decide not to make it with them in there.
I like using finely diced scallions, minced garlic, green and red peppers, olives..sometimes mushrooms

Forum List

Back