Medvedev warns "hypersonic" response to follow, should NATO try to hit Crimea

What I hear people saying is that the one time Russia might use a nuke is if Crimea is attacked but here they are only threatening to use hypersonic. They won't give Crimea back.
For there to be any chance of a lasting peace between Ukraine and Russia, Russia must give up Crimea. Otherwise, Russia will always try to conquer a land bridge that Ukraine can't block.

For there to be any chance of a lasting peace between Ukraine and Russia, Russia must give up Crimea. Otherwise, Russia will always try to conquer a land bridge that Ukraine can't block.
In fairness Crimea has belonged to Russia for a long time and with NATO all around them they strategically need/must have it. It was given as a gift to Ukraine during soviet times when they could not imagine they would ever end. No problem Ukraine having it during Soviet times. They think Big Problem now. I don't think they will give it back and it was the only thing they though Russia might feel worth using nukes for. It isn't for the reasons you give. This war never needed to happen and could have ended in March when Zelensky and Putin almost finished a deal. The UK and US however wanted to carry on. Now the destruction and death have been massive and there is nothing else to get.

What I hear people saying is that the one time Russia might use a nuke is if Crimea is attacked but here they are only threatening to use hypersonic. They won't give Crimea back.
Don't be silly. What we see very plainly now is that Russia can kill civilians but it can't stop the advance of the Ukrainian army. Crimea will be taken by the Ukrainian army and Russia will shrivel because of its battlefield losses and the weight of the sanctions.

And there can be no lasting peace between Ukraine and Russia unless Ukraine is a member of NATO.

In fairness Crimea has belonged to Russia for a long time
No it has not. The Russian Federation and Ukraine were both born in 1991 with the dissolution of the USSR.

Bullshit claims of historical "ownership" notwithstanding, Crimea is part of Ukraine, and that's what the International community recognizes.

Medvedev =thief

They won't give Crimea back.
RT.ru LIE.

MAP FROM 1918 :

ANY COMMENT ON THIS ?

Russia1918.png

In fairness Crimea has belonged to Russia for a long time and with NATO all around them they strategically need/must have it. It was given as a gift to Ukraine during soviet times when they could not imagine they would ever end. No problem Ukraine having it during Soviet times. They think Big Problem now. I don't think they will give it back and it was the only thing they though Russia might feel worth using nukes for. It isn't for the reasons you give. This war never needed to happen and could have ended in March when Zelensky and Putin almost finished a deal. The UK and US however wanted to carry on. Now the destruction and death have been massive and there is nothing else to get.
Russia doesn't "need" Crimea, it wants Crimea. The Black Sea Fleet is a shadow of its former self and the only reason the USSR needed Sevastopol was for offensive access to the Med to fight a war with NATO. The remains of the Black Sea Fleet would be annihilated by just the Italian Navy in one battle if it forced the Bosphorus. That's assuming the Turks wouldn't do the job on their own. The Black Sea Fleet is composed of six frigates and twenty corvettes of various classes, 1 Kilo and 6 improved Kilo class subs

That article is from 2009, TWELVE YEARS AGO. I’m sure things are far worse today.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Russia doesn't "need" Crimea, it wants Crimea. The Black Sea Fleet is a shadow of its former self and the only reason the USSR needed Sevastopol was for offensive access to the Med to fight a war with NATO. The remains of the Black Sea Fleet would be annihilated by just the Italian Navy in one battle if it forced the Bosphorus. That's assuming the Turks wouldn't do the job on their own. The Black Sea Fleet is composed of six frigates and twenty corvettes of various classes, 1 Kilo and 6 improved Kilo class subs

i´d say Moscow ´s black sea fleet is a joke , an easy target for our drones and rockets

“Significant number” of Russian warships moved from ...

https://www.ukrinform.net › Ukrinform › War

17 Jul 2022 — A significant number of Russian warships were redeployed from Sevastopol in the occupied Crimea to Russia's port of Novorossiysk.

Forum List

Back