Meet the 21 House members that live outside the district they represent

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
One would think that it would be a no-brainer to require anyone representing a district, that they are actually part of the citizenry. Amazing that it is not.
Here are the 21, and yes good ol' Maxine is one of them. "Do As I Say, Not As I Do".

(This article starts out with the Jon Osshoff story)

At least 21 members of the House are registered to vote outside their districts

June 20

While voters in Georgia’s 6th Congressional District were headed to the polls during Tuesday’s special election, President Trump shared a factoid that had just been brought to his attention.
remind voters that the Democratic candidate doesn’t live in the district he hopes to represent. When he first pointed this out, we compiled data on every other member of the House, finding that at least 5 percent of the body lives outside of their districts.

While voters in Georgia’s 6th Congressional District were headed to the polls during Tuesday’s special election, President Trump shared a factoid that had just been brought to his attention.

“Just learned that Jon Ossoff, who is running for Congress in Georgia,” he tweeted, “doesn’t even live in the district. Republicans, get out and vote!”

Trump was correct. Ossoff, a Democrat, copped to living outside the 6th District during a town hall last weekend. He actually lives in the 5th Congressional District because, he says, his girlfriend prefers being able to walk to medical school at Emory University.

Analysis | At least 21 members of the House are registered to vote outside their districts

Wonder why there has never been a push by citizens to require their Rep to live in their district where they are elected in?
It's quite possible that most Americans always assumed the requirement was always there. I know I used to assume it.

Forum List

Back