🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Meg Whitman: Hypocrisy and Karma

Like I said, Harry, the perception here is what is going to count. If the Hispanics don't buy the crying jag, then Meg has a chance. If they do, she is nothing more than pinata time.

Finally you say something that makes sense. The perception here is all the will matter, not the facts.

Guilty or not the damage is done. That is how Smear politics work.

Well done libs.

Conservatives, centrists, and liberals all smear all the time, so get off your hobby horse, Charles.

You should have realized that I have been pointing out the perception angle. This election is not about truth now, only framing of this issue.

Conservatives, centrists, and liberals all smear all the time, so get off your hobby horse, Charles.

You should have realized that I have been pointing out the perception angle. This election is not about truth now, only framing of this issue.

What Hobby horse. Did I say anything at all about only Liberals doing it?

Nope.

I am well aware they all do it.

The woman runs on this tough immigration position, and the wingnuts want to weasel out an excuse for her. I just doesn't get any funnier than this.

the thing is....when she is in front of Latino crowds....she aint so tough on Immigration and has contradicted herself......a few times to many....

What Hobby horse. Did I say anything at all about only Liberals doing it?

Nope.

I am well aware they all do it.

Tell me though, if you are just pointing out the perception angle and not telling us all she is guilty as sin before she is convicted of anything. Then why did you neg rep me for my comment. You think Some libs don't automatically assume guilt when a lib is accused, just like Conservatives do when a liberal is accused? Because that is all I said, and you neg rep me for it. And then proceed to tell me how smart, and wise and worldly you are, and how stupid I am.

lol

Well, it's far more important to accuse people of being witches and having domestic help than to explain policies which will fix the economy.

And Meg explains her policy ideas so well. Please provide an executive summary of Meg's plan so those of us confused by her rhetoric can understand.
Thank you in advance, knowing you are so well informed I'm sure you'll be able to synthesize her ideas concisely.

A letter was produced from a government agency casting doubt on the housekeeper's Social Security number. The letter has writing on it in Mr. Whitman's handwriting.

Whitman is clearly not the answer; as for blaming Brown for the fiscal problems in California one might - if one were honest and not a partisan hack - consider this fact: Since the election of Ronald Reagan in 1966, California has been governed by only two Democratic Governors: Jerry Brown and Gray Davis (total time in office 12 years and 10 months); Republicans have held the office a total of 31 years, and for 15 of the last 19 years and ten months.
Suggesting Brown is "one of the biggest reasons California is as fucked up as it is" may be your opinion, but it is based on a foundation of bull shit.

and how many years has this State been controlled by a Democratic Legislature?.....how many years have the voting block in this State been basically Democrat?.....Whitman is not the answer....but neither is the near corpse known as Jerry Brown.....

So predictable, how many years did the Republicans control Congress before the Great Recession (need help? 1995 until 2007). You have no shame or credibility; and you're pretty damn stupid.

She got the letter.

However, perception here is what will win or lose her this election on this issue: if the Hispanic vote takes to heart the idea that Whitman is hanging out her former housekeeper simply to be governor, then they will make sure that she won't be.

Someone may have mentioned this previously, but a very recent (within past 7 days) L.A. Times article said that recent polls have the Hispanic population of CA very much down on Whitman.

yea the illegals....try the ones born here....they are not that easily swayed by Allreds bullshit.....nor the maids crying act.....

Whitman is clearly not the answer; as for blaming Brown for the fiscal problems in California one might - if one were honest and not a partisan hack - consider this fact: Since the election of Ronald Reagan in 1966, California has been governed by only two Democratic Governors: Jerry Brown and Gray Davis (total time in office 12 years and 10 months); Republicans have held the office a total of 31 years, and for 15 of the last 19 years and ten months.
Suggesting Brown is "one of the biggest reasons California is as fucked up as it is" may be your opinion, but it is based on a foundation of bull shit.

and how many years has this State been controlled by a Democratic Legislature?.....how many years have the voting block in this State been basically Democrat?.....Whitman is not the answer....but neither is the near corpse known as Jerry Brown.....

So predictable, how many years did the Republicans control Congress before the Great Recession (need help? 1995 until 2007). You have no shame or credibility; and you're pretty damn stupid.

Republicans did not control Congress for all the time, and they never had anything near the Majority that Dems have today. So they had to WORK WITH DEMS.

Wake up.

A letter was produced from a government agency casting doubt on the housekeeper's Social Security number. The letter has writing on it in Mr. Whitman's handwriting.

Link?
Whitman?s husband told housekeeper to look into Social Security letter | The Salt Lake Tribune

By Ken McLaughlin
And Mark Gomez
San Jose Mercury News

Published Sep 30, 2010 05:43PM
Updated 29 Minutes Ago
San Jose, Calif.

In a devastating blow to Meg Whitman’s gubernatorial campaign, a famed Los Angeles attorney said Thursday that Whitman’s husband had jotted a note to their housekeeper on a Social Security Administration letter aimed at alerting the couple to the fact that the housekeeper was using a Social Security number that didn’t belong to her.

At a news conference in her Los Angeles office, attorney Gloria Allred displayed a huge copy of the letter showing a signature, purportedly that of Dr. Griffith Harsh, to the media.

The note told Nicandra Diaz Santillan, a 39-year-old undocumented immigrant from Union City, Calif., to “look into this.”

“Meg Whitman lied to the press and the public,” Allred charged.

The Whitman campaign had no immediate response to Allred’s comments, reflecting a campaign in crisis mode.

Political analysts predicted that the issue could persuade many undecided voters to not vote for Whitman. <more>

News today, Meg Whitman employed an illegal alien for Nine Years as a housekeeper. So, what is her campaigns reaction?
Of course, it's all about the left wing media negative attack. This from a campaign that has spent months and $$$$'s on attacking her Republican opponent in the primaries and Attorney General Brown since she bought the Republican nomination for Governor of California.

Little Early for October Surprises, isn't it?...

Why is it that Dirt Never seems to Surface for DemocRATS at Election Time?...

Not that there isn't any, it's just who the AP and it's Children Decide to Focus on...

:)

peace...

So what your telling me is that someone who was abused at work stayed their for 9 years and just so happens to come out with this revelation a month before an election and is represented by someone who likewise made false claims against the former Republican governor a few weeks before he was elected to office, and this doesnt seriously make you question the validity of any of this?

Abused and paid $23 per hour no less.

Abuse the hell out of me.

Link?
Whitman?s husband told housekeeper to look into Social Security letter | The Salt Lake Tribune

By Ken McLaughlin
And Mark Gomez
San Jose Mercury News

Published Sep 30, 2010 05:43PM
Updated 29 Minutes Ago
San Jose, Calif.

In a devastating blow to Meg Whitman&#8217;s gubernatorial campaign, a famed Los Angeles attorney said Thursday that Whitman&#8217;s husband had jotted a note to their housekeeper on a Social Security Administration letter aimed at alerting the couple to the fact that the housekeeper was using a Social Security number that didn&#8217;t belong to her.

At a news conference in her Los Angeles office, attorney Gloria Allred displayed a huge copy of the letter showing a signature, purportedly that of Dr. Griffith Harsh, to the media.

The note told Nicandra Diaz Santillan, a 39-year-old undocumented immigrant from Union City, Calif., to &#8220;look into this.&#8221;

&#8220;Meg Whitman lied to the press and the public,&#8221; Allred charged.

The Whitman campaign had no immediate response to Allred&#8217;s comments, reflecting a campaign in crisis mode.

Political analysts predicted that the issue could persuade many undecided voters to not vote for Whitman. <more>

LOL that is a link to a story about an Alleged letter. Where is the letter, What was the date on the Letter. ? Hmmm

You guys are in such a hurry to find her Guilty it isn't even funny.

The most disturbing fact is heaven forbid if she ends up being cleared of all this. It wont matter. The Political Damage will be done, and Unfounded lies will have effected the out come of an election, But why would we care about that.

So what your telling me is that someone who was abused at work stayed their for 9 years and just so happens to come out with this revelation a month before an election and is represented by someone who likewise made false claims against the former Republican governor a few weeks before he was elected to office, and this doesnt seriously make you question the validity of any of this?

She was housekeeper to a 15,000 sq. ft. house. That's $23. an hour for 15 hours a week. Whitman got a helluva deal. That's $345. a week. $17,940. a year.
If cons think that's a lot of money, why are they asking for tax cuts for those making over $250,000.?

We are watching to see if Meg can buy herself a governorship.

Christine O'Donnell couldn't pay her bills so she's dishonest.

They can't get a fair shake with some folks.

If they're rich they're buying it, if their poor they're freeloaders, if they're Christians they're Hypocrite Book-burning racists.

I guess if you insist on being dishonest it really doesn't matter because you'll always assume the worst stereotype and apply it.

These people can't run on their ideology because it doesn't work.....so they have to dream up this kind of thing instead.

I can smell the desperation. It smells like victory in November.

Last edited:

She was housekeeper to a 15,000 sq. ft. house. That's $23. an hour for 15 hours a week. Whitman got a helluva deal. That's $345. a week. $17,940. a year.
If cons think that's a lot of money, why are they asking for tax cuts for those making over $250,000.?

It is a lot of money, FOR A PART TIME JOB. She could have worked 25 Hours a week somewhere else just to be working full time.

For housekeeping, 23.50 an hour is a Very good hourly wage my friend. Skilled Union Trade workers in some construction fields make that much. Housekeeping is not a Skilled profession, It requires no schooling at all. That is a very very good rate of pay for such job.

Last edited:

Do you want her to buy the woman a house?

She paid her $23 /hr for unskilled labor. The woman only worked 15 hrs a week for her. How much do you think part time help should be paid? $50/hr?

I'm glad you mentioned the $250,000. That's gross...not net. If your actual profit is somewhere around $100,000 or even less.....well you're gonna get creamed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back