🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Meg Whitman: Hypocrisy and Karma

Indeed. Whitman also paid the taxes, which is not what is generally done when someone is hiring an illegal under that table (that is usually a cash deal).

Actually, boedicca I have not seen an interview in which Whitman positively states she actually paid employment taxes on her maid. (There are doubtless several I have not seen.)

What's suspicious is why anyone would think that hiring somebody through an employment agency with a statement that the candidate is in the country legally is not proper due diligence.

What's suspicious is this "surprise" promoted by Gloria Allred a few week's before the election.

What's suspicious is why private citizens are supposed to enforce immigration laws when the Federal Government is suing the state of Arizona for trying to do the same.
I agree that private citizens shouldn't enforce immigration law. I also don't think employers should.

However, in this case Whitman was the employer and the law is clear. If that letter from the SSA is valid she is toast.

are you sure? who paid the housekeeper and how? who processed her hours and collected her fica etc.?

Maddy, you are quite naive.

Jerry has long been a player in CA's Democrat Party. This is all connected.

Indeed. Whitman also paid the taxes, which is not what is generally done when someone is hiring an illegal under that table (that is usually a cash deal).

Actually, boedicca I have not seen an interview in which Whitman positively states she actually paid employment taxes on her maid. (There are doubtless several I have not seen.)

Scuze me - but Big Accusation is that there is a letter from the SSA that the name and number didn't match. That would only be the case if she did proper filings and tax payments.

Maddy, you are quite naive.

Jerry has long been a player in CA's Democrat Party. This is all connected.

O no doubt, boedicca. But riddle me this: in this day and age, WTF chooses to run for public office without squaring away their employees' immigration and tax situation first? This bullshit pisses me off. I had a maid-and-nanny for my daughter in middle school, part-time, and paid that lady well but I also had documents on her and withheld on her, matched it and sent my taxes in like a good citizen.

Some bitch billionaire cannot show that much respect for our laws I say fuck her, but I freely admit, I don't like Whitman. But then I don't like Brown either.

Mostly I just pity poor California.

I'd like to see the government enforce immigration laws instead of enabling illegal immigration via government provided identification. The small business or household shouldn't be put in the place of having to do the government's job.

That's what we've been saying - which is clearly going over your head.
Is that what you've been saying?

:doubt:

What's suspicious is why anyone would think that hiring somebody through an employment agency with a statement that the candidate is in the country legally is not proper due diligence.

What's suspicious is this "surprise" promoted by Gloria Allred a few week's before the election.

What's suspicious is why private citizens are supposed to enforce immigration laws when the Federal Government is suing the state of Arizona for trying to do the same.
I agree that private citizens shouldn't enforce immigration law. I also don't think employers should.

However, in this case Whitman was the employer and the law is clear. If that letter from the SSA is valid she is toast.

are you sure? who paid the housekeeper and how? who processed her hours and collected her fica etc.?
If the SSA form is correct...the Whitmans.

Employment agencies help you find a job but do not pay you.

I thought you said good bye.

:lol:

I'd say the most logical interpretation of what happened is what Meg claims:

- She hired the maid through an agency, and the maid lied about her immigration status on her questionaire.
- Meg paid her and paid the payroll taxes she was supposed to.
- The maid intercepted letters for the SSA.
- When Meg decided to run for office, the issue came out and the maid was fired.
- Now the maid is either seeking revenge or being used as a tool by the Democrats.

This is yet another example why most people are loathe to get involved in politics. Honest people are particular prey - while scumbags like Charlie Rangel, Maxine Waters, Christopher Dodd ad nauseum (who do far worse things than hire somebody and pay the taxes) get away with their abuse of the public treasury.

And yes - I feel sorry for my home state of CA as well. Our politicians and public employees have looted the place.

Last edited:

- She hired the maid through an agency, and lied about her immigration status on her questionaire.
- When Meg decided to run for office, the issue came out and the maid was fired.
- Now the maid is either seeking revenge or being used as a tool by the Democrats.

This is yet another example why most people are loathe to get involved in politics. Honest people are particularly prey - while scumbags like Charlie Rangel, Maxine Waters, Christopher Dodd ad nauseum (who do far worse things than hire somebody and pay the taxes) get away with their abuse of the public treasury.

C'mon, boedicca...that dun even pass the giggle test. You think Whitman does up her own 941's?

She got the letter.

However, perception here is what will win or lose her this election on this issue: if the Hispanic vote takes to heart the idea that Whitman is hanging out her former housekeeper simply to be governor, then they will make sure that she won't be.

Someone may have mentioned this previously, but a very recent (within past 7 days) L.A. Times article said that recent polls have the Hispanic population of CA very much down on Whitman.

- She hired the maid through an agency, and lied about her immigration status on her questionaire.

This is yet another example why most people are loathe to get involved in politics. Honest people are particularly prey - while scumbags like Charlie Rangel, Maxine Waters, Christopher Dodd ad nauseum (who do far worse things than hire somebody and pay the taxes) get away with their abuse of the public treasury.

C'mon, boedicca...that dun even pass the giggle test. You think Whitman does up her own 941's?

Her accountant could easily have used Meg's residence as the place of employment.

If the SSA form is correct...the Whitmans.

Employment agencies help you find a job but do not pay you.

I thought you said good bye.

:lol:

when you're human, I respond.

She got the letter.

However, perception here is what will win or lose her this election on this issue: if the Hispanic vote takes to heart the idea that Whitman is hanging out her former housekeeper simply to be governor, then they will make sure that she won't be.

Someone may have mentioned this previously, but a very recent (within past 7 days) L.A. Times article said that recent polls have the Hispanic population of CA very much down on Whitman.

thats a riot, how dare she pay her $23 bucks an hour...the horror....:lol:

She got the letter.

Good point. Why would Brown blow the whistle on her if that were a fact?

Nah, the issue is that Meg is a bullshit artist. She tries to run as an anti-immigrant, while the fact show she hired undocumented workers.

She got the letter.

thats a riot, how dare she pay her $23 bucks an hour...the horror....:lol:

These people are fools, as soon as I heard how much she was paid, I decided she was FULL of shit.

No way you knowingly employ an illegal and then pay them Well more than Most Legal Maids make.

makes no sense at all.

She got the letter.

Good point. Why would Brown blow the whistle on her if that were a fact?

Nah, the issue is that Meg is a bullshit artist. She tries to run as an anti-immigrant, while the fact show she hired undocumented workers.

I love how with you libs, when ever a conservative is involved, Un proven accusations become facts.

All I needed to hear was the name of Gloria Allred and the credibility factor of these charges went straight down the storm sewer....Which is probably a crime in Fornicalia, as they empty into the watershed of some dopey "endangered" baitfish.

Did they? I see them as more simple. Did Meg keep her maid on the payroll after receiving notice from SSA that her number was bogus.

Forum List

Back