Zone1 Megachurch pastor resigns

The scary part about every story like this is how the congregation always stands with the molesting pastor, often times choosing to completely ignore the allegations, but most times they are shamed into finally turning their backs on them. Not so much in politics, of course.

Same thing when all the Catholic Church molestation coverups came out.

Yah, I just spent the last half-hour watching this video about it....

But he hadn't resigned at the time of the recording.

The YouTuber rightly predicted that he would resign though.

Interesting.

Southern Baptists as well.
All churches have pedophiles get into their congregations. So do atheists and other religions have pedophiles and cover up their sins. Usually be saying there should be a law supporting it.

The scary part about every story like this is how the congregation always stands with the molesting pastor, often times choosing to completely ignore the allegations, but most times they are shamed into finally turning their backs on them. Not so much in politics, of course.

My de facto is to be skeptical about "megachurches" that are independent with no oversight or church structure. It's like this in my profession: the 18 yo making 12 bucks an hour working in a preschool can be called a "teacher", and so can the 30 year veteran with two master's degrees. They are not the same, though.

Pastors, same. Any conman can call himself a "pastor" and sometimes they do.

Church structure is Biblical and there's a reason for that. It's not that it doesn't happen in congregations with church structure--it does, but it seems less frequently.

(The Catholic Church is a whole 'nother story bc of their demands on leaders. )

Tonights moment of hilarity: Trump has a "spiritual advisor".... (did anyone tell him?) :laugh:

Morris was never charged with a crime

This has been an open secret for 35 years

Why is the woman coming forward now?

Forum List

Back