Megyn Kelly Lied About Trump University Rating..It Has Received An A Rating

If she didn't do it on her own, then she was all in on decison. I don't see any shrinking violet in those eyes. She saw the upside opportunity in being the Fox anchor that took down Trump.

She better pray Trump doesn't make President. I'm sure there's behind the scenes actions a President could use to squash a news anchor if he got it into his mind to do so. Trump doesn't seem the forgiving type. Quite the opposite, I think that pimple is going to fester with age and will get squashed one way or another if a President Trump desired it.

God, what a WONDERFUL set of character traits to be looking for in a President: petty and vindictive and, when faced with the duties and responsibilities of running the country, focusing on "squashing" a reporter for personal revenge.

You've definitely sold me on how FANTASTICALLY Presidential Donald Trump is! Screw that whole Islamic terrorism, nuclear threat, illegal immigration bullshit; what really matters is having a President who knows how to coddle his own ego!

Dumbass.
We've been seeing much worse from Obama, beginning with destroying Joe The Plumber and anyone else that gets in his way.....using the IRS to attack anyone who donates to Republicans.

You really don't have any right to criticize.

Excuse me?

I'm not even sure where to start breaking down what's wrong with this horseshit post. It should require a rewriting of the laws of physics to pack this much fail into such a tiny collection of letters.

Let's start at the bottom. I have every right to criticize that any other human being in this country has. It's called "The First Amendment". Do please attempt to recall that the name is "Bill of Rights", not "Bill of Suggestions" while you're having your little Trump-gasm, okay?

Second, what in the holy blue blazes does Obama have to do with this conversation? If you're planning to in any way, shape, or form accuse me of being an Obama supporter, I suggest you stop, pull your head out of Trump's ass, think about who you're talking to, and then thank God you're not close enough for me to kick you in the nads for an insult that egregious.

Third, that whole "he did it first" line of argument doesn't even work on the playground, which is where most of us left it when we grew up. It's not surprising that worshipers of a schoolyard bully would argue like children the way he does, but that doesn't mean I'm not still going to point out how ridiculous and puerile it is.
You post was literally dripping with irony.
Everything you people get caught doing, your primary defense is always that somebody else did it before, as if that is an excuse for breaking the law.

And this has zip to do with freedom of speech and everything to do with ethics and honest reporting. Journalists still have a responsibility to tell the truth, or they face not only legal action but a total loss of credibility with the public. Walter Cronkite and his like are long gone, and has been replaced with liberals who specialize in yellow journalism. Honest reporting is essential. Once they go too far they often get the pink-slips they so greatly deserve. If you want to find out about this, read about the Dan Rather scandal.

The only thing protecting Ms Kelly is the fact that she was hired by Rodger Ailes to be his hatchet-man...or woman. Candy Crowley lost her job because she lost her viewers due to a lack of credibility. Being labeled a liar isn't a resume enhancement, unless you want to work at MSNBC, and even there people have been fired for pissing people off.

Who the fuck is "you people", and what the hell are you even babbling about at this point? You need to have a talk with your local water department, because I think they're adding hallucinogens.

Megyn Kelly pulled a Candy Crowley last night:

"Megyn Kelly said of the school, which has become a talking point for Mr. Trump’s opponents, “The rating from the Better Business Bureau was a D-minus. That’s the last publicly available rating.”

Mr. Trump replied, “It was elevated to an A.”

Ms. Kelly argued with Mr. Trump, saying, “That’s never been publicly available.”

Then she proceeded to shush both Mr. Trump and Mr. Rubio, who was clearly delighted that Ms. Kelly was doing his bidding, as he’s made Trump University the centerpiece of his knocks on Mr. Trump.

She said, “Let me just set the record straight and then you can have at it.”

At this point, Ms. Kelly walked through the substance of the case, noting that there were 5,000 plaintiffs, and all the rest, even comparing Mr. Trump to Bernie Madoff and putting on screen an incendiary quote from the judge that certified the class action case for the Ninth Circuit. All of this is fine, if a bit over the top in its detail, considering that no other candidate was subjected to this kind of produced set piece (Mr. Trump also got the TV-clip mashup treatment that he missed when he skipped the last Fox debate).

But the problem is two-fold. First, Ms. Kelly appointed herself fact-checker here, exactly as Ms. Crowley had done four years ago. By correcting Mr. Trump in saying, “That’s never been publicly available,” she is no longer simply refereeing but awarding points, as well. Second, she’s wrong. And she had to have known it.
Just three days earlier, NBC News ran an extensive exploration of the “ratings” question. It was a fact-check piece based on Mr. Trump making the same “A Rating” claim on Meet the Press. In a story headlined “Better Business Bureau: Trump Right on ‘A’ Rating — Mostly,” NBC concluded that the rating did indeed fluctuate, as he indicated at the debate.

The story reads, “In fact, according to the rating agency, Trump appears to have undersold things—at times in the past, his ‘university’ had an A-plus rating.” It goes on to say, “But it’s not all good news for the Republican front-runner. The BBB’s ratings are ‘dynamic’ and are based on a constantly shifting algorithm, meaning they’re changing all the time. And over the years, the company’s rating had fallen as far as D-minus—an assessment Trump chose not to mention Sunday.”

Yet Ms. Kelly said that the “A Rating” had “never been publicly available.”

Naturally, the campaigns of Mr. Trump’s rivals ate it up. Just as predictably, the media quickly applauded Ms. Kelly’s acumen.

“Megyn Kelly is Donald Trump’s toughest adversary in GOP debate,” opined CNNMoney‎, while the Huffington Post wrote, “Fox News host Megyn Kelly may as well have been on the debate stage at Thursday’s Republican presidential debate in Detroit, because she wiped the floor with real estate mogul Donald Trump.” Salon delighted in how “Trump’s arch-nemesis strikes back” and “went for the jugular.”

But the question remains: Should debate moderators really be “wiping the floor” and “going for the jugular” with candidates? Even when—especially when—they’re wrong on the facts?"

Megyn Kelly 2016 Is Candy Crowley 2012

It isn't a university, it's a scam.

If she didn't do it on her own, then she was all in on decison. I don't see any shrinking violet in those eyes. She saw the upside opportunity in being the Fox anchor that took down Trump.

She better pray Trump doesn't make President. I'm sure there's behind the scenes actions a President could use to squash a news anchor if he got it into his mind to do so. Trump doesn't seem the forgiving type. Quite the opposite, I think that pimple is going to fester with age and will get squashed one way or another if a President Trump desired it.

So you basically admit Trump would abuse his power as president. Interesting.

Interesting seeing as how liberals didn't care when Obama did it. Like clockwork. Nobody minds if the president abuses his power, if he's on their side.
Interesting that conservatives don't mind their own doing it.

Interesting that you can't tell the difference between Trump supporters and conservatives.

Sure we can..... Dumb and Dumber.

God, what a WONDERFUL set of character traits to be looking for in a President: petty and vindictive and, when faced with the duties and responsibilities of running the country, focusing on "squashing" a reporter for personal revenge.

You've definitely sold me on how FANTASTICALLY Presidential Donald Trump is! Screw that whole Islamic terrorism, nuclear threat, illegal immigration bullshit; what really matters is having a President who knows how to coddle his own ego!

Dumbass.
We've been seeing much worse from Obama, beginning with destroying Joe The Plumber and anyone else that gets in his way.....using the IRS to attack anyone who donates to Republicans.

Excuse me?

I'm not even sure where to start breaking down what's wrong with this horseshit post. It should require a rewriting of the laws of physics to pack this much fail into such a tiny collection of letters.

Let's start at the bottom. I have every right to criticize that any other human being in this country has. It's called "The First Amendment". Do please attempt to recall that the name is "Bill of Rights", not "Bill of Suggestions" while you're having your little Trump-gasm, okay?

Second, what in the holy blue blazes does Obama have to do with this conversation? If you're planning to in any way, shape, or form accuse me of being an Obama supporter, I suggest you stop, pull your head out of Trump's ass, think about who you're talking to, and then thank God you're not close enough for me to kick you in the nads for an insult that egregious.

Third, that whole "he did it first" line of argument doesn't even work on the playground, which is where most of us left it when we grew up. It's not surprising that worshipers of a schoolyard bully would argue like children the way he does, but that doesn't mean I'm not still going to point out how ridiculous and puerile it is.
Everything you people get caught doing, your primary defense is always that somebody else did it before, as if that is an excuse for breaking the law.

And this has zip to do with freedom of speech and everything to do with ethics and honest reporting. Journalists still have a responsibility to tell the truth, or they face not only legal action but a total loss of credibility with the public. Walter Cronkite and his like are long gone, and has been replaced with liberals who specialize in yellow journalism. Honest reporting is essential. Once they go too far they often get the pink-slips they so greatly deserve. If you want to find out about this, read about the Dan Rather scandal.

The only thing protecting Ms Kelly is the fact that she was hired by Rodger Ailes to be his hatchet-man...or woman. Candy Crowley lost her job because she lost her viewers due to a lack of credibility. Being labeled a liar isn't a resume enhancement, unless you want to work at MSNBC, and even there people have been fired for pissing people off.

Who the fuck is "you people", and what the hell are you even babbling about at this point? You need to have a talk with your local water department, because I think they're adding hallucinogens.

Dumbass.

Excuse me?

I haven't seen an acknowledgement by you of my explanation for that post of mine that you indignantly rebuked;

Dumbass.

I would have thought explaining the background of that reply would have at least led to a retraction of the "dumbass" remark. I'm going to repeat this in case you missed it;

"REPEAT: "In case you didn't notice I'm Canadian and no big fan of Trump. I'm not admitting anything. More like predicting it."

As a liberal I'm not a fan of any of these guys. Although Cruz and Rubio are especially repugnant to me. And if forced to vote for one of them it would be Trump. If you're wondering why not Kasich who is purportedly the most moderate I've already explained why in a previous post and don't have time to repeat it all now. I have my reasons why I think the role Trump is acting is one he feels he has to play to reach his goal - and I see him as a single-mindedly goal oriented guy as unconstrained by "actual truth" as the other candidates are. They all have their pet narratives spun whole cloth out of falsities, exaggeration, and right wing myth. My intuition that the real Trump is less offensive than the mask could be massively wrong, however that's no matter because as I've repeated over and over, being Canadian I get to throw in my two bits without responsibility for outcome."

Is that clear? I wasn't suggesting he should use Presidential influence to get his revenge on Kelly, it was more a prediction that he would given the chance. I'll add this to have everything in the open. I have zero respect for Megyn Kelly as a "news" personality. She has zero journalistic integrity. She's peddled that Fox News "Fair and Balanced" bullshit for years while negatively distorting every story involving democrats, especially President Obama that's ever been placed on her desk. And obviously she's been tasked to lead Fox's attempt to bring down Trump. Alright,Trump has acted in a way that if he continued the same way as President the office would be demeaned, but it's not the news media's job to "bring down" candidates, it's their job to report the facts and let the viewers and voters decide. I'm old enough to remember real journalists like Walter Cronkite, MacNeil and Lehrer etc. and she's no journalist. Hell, remember when she argued that Santa and Jesus "just are White"?

"Megyn Kelly said of the school, which has become a talking point for Mr. Trump’s opponents, “The rating from the Better Business Bureau was a D-minus. That’s the last publicly available rating.”

Ms. Kelly argued with Mr. Trump, saying, “That’s never been publicly available.”

Then she proceeded to shush both Mr. Trump and Mr. Rubio, who was clearly delighted that Ms. Kelly was doing his bidding, as he’s made Trump University the centerpiece of his knocks on Mr. Trump.

At this point, Ms. Kelly walked through the substance of the case, noting that there were 5,000 plaintiffs, and all the rest, even comparing Mr. Trump to Bernie Madoff and putting on screen an incendiary quote from the judge that certified the class action case for the Ninth Circuit. All of this is fine, if a bit over the top in its detail, considering that no other candidate was subjected to this kind of produced set piece (Mr. Trump also got the TV-clip mashup treatment that he missed when he skipped the last Fox debate).

But the problem is two-fold. First, Ms. Kelly appointed herself fact-checker here, exactly as Ms. Crowley had done four years ago. By correcting Mr. Trump in saying, “That’s never been publicly available,” she is no longer simply refereeing but awarding points, as well. Second, she’s wrong. And she had to have known it.
Just three days earlier, NBC News ran an extensive exploration of the “ratings” question. It was a fact-check piece based on Mr. Trump making the same “A Rating” claim on Meet the Press. In a story headlined “Better Business Bureau: Trump Right on ‘A’ Rating — Mostly,” NBC concluded that the rating did indeed fluctuate, as he indicated at the debate.

The story reads, “In fact, according to the rating agency, Trump appears to have undersold things—at times in the past, his ‘university’ had an A-plus rating.” It goes on to say, “But it’s not all good news for the Republican front-runner. The BBB’s ratings are ‘dynamic’ and are based on a constantly shifting algorithm, meaning they’re changing all the time. And over the years, the company’s rating had fallen as far as D-minus—an assessment Trump chose not to mention Sunday.”

Naturally, the campaigns of Mr. Trump’s rivals ate it up. Just as predictably, the media quickly applauded Ms. Kelly’s acumen.

“Megyn Kelly is Donald Trump’s toughest adversary in GOP debate,” opined CNNMoney‎, while the Huffington Post wrote, “Fox News host Megyn Kelly may as well have been on the debate stage at Thursday’s Republican presidential debate in Detroit, because she wiped the floor with real estate mogul Donald Trump.” Salon delighted in how “Trump’s arch-nemesis strikes back” and “went for the jugular.”

But the question remains: Should debate moderators really be “wiping the floor” and “going for the jugular” with candidates? Even when—especially when—they’re wrong on the facts?"

You lie.

Interesting seeing as how liberals didn't care when Obama did it. Like clockwork. Nobody minds if the president abuses his power, if he's on their side.

Interesting that you can't tell the difference between Trump supporters and conservatives.

Coming from you, that really means . . . absolutely nothing.

You lie.

Sorry to piss on your cornflakes, but the BBB gave it an A rating 3 days before last week's debate. Megyn Kelly tried to cover it up and then changed the subject. Marco Rubio is spreading this lie, that Trump University still had a D- Rating, online and during speeches as well. If you look online, you discover that most of the claims it received a D- Rating are pure gossip.

To be quick and to the point, Trump University is a real estate school, nothing more. It doesn't claim to be a accredited university program. It is designed to help people learn ways of exploring ideas to make money in real estate. As with any other self-help program, there are no guarantees. It's up to you to get your own capital to invest and also up to you to do the work. It's not like a company sponsored training program where you are offered a job after completion, neither does it put you in touch with companies to get a job. It is purely entrepreneur in nature. Far as I know, nobody has a company that pays a wage so you can make your own investments.

I've never attended a public school that promised a job. Even military schools were no guarantee that you would be offered a job if you didn't finish with a passing grade. The lawsuit is designed to harass Trump.....nothing more. They hoped he would settle for cash. He refused. Many of the people that took the course may have thought it was a way to meet Trump, and they may have been disappointed if he didn't show up. This is like a woman who has sex with a celebrity hoping they would marry them. Figure the odds.

Last edited:

Dumbass.

Excuse me?

If you can't figure out what I'm saying, maybe you need to go back to school then.
And I'm not impressed by insults. What impresses me is valid evidence and lucid arguments. Yours are nothing but rantings that have nothing to do with reality. You need to go back to the start of this string so you can understand what caused this or that to be brought up in the first place. I think you have a problem staying focused and have a problem with long-term memory.

Coming from you is just as worth as garbage.

here is what is on the BBB site:

Government Actions
NY AG Sues Trump Entrepreneur Initiative, Seeks $40M in Restitution for Consumers
Date of Action: 8/24/2013

The following describes a pending government action that has been formally brought by a government agency but has not yet been resolved. We are providing a summary of the government’s allegations, which have not yet been proven.

On August 24, 2013, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman announced that he has filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump, The Trump Entrepreneur Institute -- formerly named Trump University LLC (“Trump University”), and Michael Sexton, former President of Trump University for engaging in persistent fraudulent, illegal and deceptive conduct in connection with the operation of Trump University. Between 2005 through 2011, the lawsuit says that Trump University operated as an unlicensed educational institute that promised to teach Donald Trump’s real estate investing techniques to consumers nationwide but instead misled consumers into paying for a series of expensive courses that did not deliver on their promises. The petition filed in New York Supreme Court in Manhattan details the advertisements run by Trump University in major newspapers across the country and the direct mail solicitations sent to entice consumers to attend a free workshop. These ads prominently displayed Donald Trump’s photograph and signature, or were styled as letters written by Trump himself. The suit says the advertisements were replete with false claims, including claims that consumers would learn “from Donald Trump’s handpicked instructor a systematic method for investing in real estate that anyone can use.” Other ads promised “my handpicked instructors will share my techniques” or “learn from my hand-picked expert” and “just copy exactly what I’ve done and get rich.” Despite Trump University’s advertised claims, consumers attending free seminars did not learn Donald Trump’s real estate techniques. Instead, the lawsuit alleges that Trump University’s instructors made multiple misrepresentations to convince consumers to sign up for a $1,495 three-day seminar. And instead of providing all of the promised services, instructors then used the three-day seminars to pitch consumers an expensive Trump Elite mentor-ship programs costing $10,000 to $35,000. The New York Attorney General’s lawsuit seeks full restitution for the more than 5,000 consumers nationwide who were defrauded of over $40 million in the scheme.

In October 2014, New York State Supreme Court Justice Cynthia S. Kern ruled that Mr. Trump is personally liable for operating a for-profit investment school without the required license. She also tossed out some of the New York AG's claims and ruled that some evidence is beyond the statute of limitations. Judge Kern ruled that several major aspects of the fraud lawsuit will be decided at a forthcoming trial.

On March 1, 2016, The Supreme Court, Appellate Division, First Department held that the New York State Attorney General is authorized to bring a cause of action for fraud under Executive Law §63(12), overruling a lower court’s decision on this cause of action.

The Trump Entrepreneur Initiative Review - TRAINING PROGRAMS in New York, NY - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Metropolitan New York, Long Island, and the Mid-Hudson Region

You lie.

Sorry to piss on your cornflakes, but the BBB gave it an A rating 3 days before last week's debate. Megyn Kelly tried to cover it up and then changed the subject. Marco Rubio is spreading this lie, that Trump University still had a D- Rating, online and during speeches as well. If you look online, you discover that most of the claims it received a D- Rating are pure gossip.

To be quick and to the point, Trump University is a real estate school, nothing more. It doesn't claim to be a accredited university program. It is designed to help people learn ways of exploring ideas to make money in real estate. As with any other self-help program, there are no guarantees. It's up to you to get your own capital to invest and also up to you to do the work. It's not like a company sponsored training program where you are offered a job after completion, neither does it put you in touch with companies to get a job. It is purely entrepreneur in nature. Far as I know, nobody has a company that pays a wage so you can make your own investments.

I've never attended a public school that promised a job. Even military schools were no guarantee that you would be offered a job if you didn't finish with a passing grade. The lawsuit is designed to harass Trump.....nothing more. They hoped he would settle for cash. He refused. Many of the people that took the course may have thought it was a way to meet Trump, and they may have been disappointed if he didn't show up. This is like a woman who has sex with a celebrity hoping they would marry them. Figure the odds.

The sleazy salesman can't call it a university just because he feels like it. Maybe you just don't quite understand what a university is. Few Trump followers have ever attended one. And no, the Rating of Trumps scam school was not upgraded, that is simply a lie.

You lie.

The sleazy salesman can't call it a university just because he feels like it. Maybe you just don't quite understand what a university is. Few Trump followers have ever attended one. And no, the Rating of Trumps scam school was not upgraded, that is simply a lie.

And you must be the keeper of all knowledge on this planet, oh mighty Zoltan.

zoltanDude-300x252.jpg.cf.jpg

You lie.

Um, the Better Business Bureau didn't rate it anything three days before the debate. They released a statement saying that they don't issue ratings to businesses that are defunct.

Better Business Bureau denies sending Trump fax in middle of debate; see statement | BizPac Review

Dumbass.

Excuse me?

If you can't figure out what I'm saying, maybe you need to go back to school then.
And I'm not impressed by insults. What impresses me is valid evidence and lucid arguments. Yours are nothing but rantings that have nothing to do with reality. You need to go back to the start of this string so you can understand what caused this or that to be brought up in the first place. I think you have a problem staying focused and have a problem with long-term memory.

I don't think "going back to school" is going to tell me who "you people" is in your previous post, but having already gone to school, I know that "go back to school" is a code word for "I have nothing to say, and I'm trying to hide it". So I'll ask you again, and see if you can rein in your ranting and frothing at the mouth long enough to comprehend the question and enunciate an answer: who is this "you people" you lump me in with, and what have we allegedly been "caught doing"?

I will ignore the "dripping irony", to borrow your phrase, of the rest of your post, in the interests of trying to keep YOU focused long enough to answer a single question.

Coming from you is just as worth as garbage.

Well, now that you've expeditiously sunk to the "I'm not, YOU are!" level, I'll just move on to someone who's graduated middle school. Buh-bye. :fu:

You lie.

Um, the Better Business Bureau didn't rate it anything three days before the debate. They released a statement saying that they don't issue ratings to businesses that are defunct.

Better Business Bureau denies sending Trump fax in middle of debate; see statement | BizPac Review

So what you're saying is Megyn Kelly is lying still, because there is currently no rating.

However, she claimed that the rating was D-, yet it also was rated A......which she purposely ignored. So she was cultivating false impressions.

Nuff said.

Excuse me?

I don't think "going back to school" is going to tell me who "you people" is in your previous post, but having already gone to school, I know that "go back to school" is a code word for "I have nothing to say, and I'm trying to hide it". So I'll ask you again, and see if you can rein in your ranting and frothing at the mouth long enough to comprehend the question and enunciate an answer: who is this "you people" you lump me in with, and what have we allegedly been "caught doing"?

I will ignore the "dripping irony", to borrow your phrase, of the rest of your post, in the interests of trying to keep YOU focused long enough to answer a single question.
You can't win an argument simply by rephrasing what I say. That's called projection.

You lie.

So what you're saying is Megyn Kelly is lying still, because there is currently no rating.

However, she claimed that the rating was D-, yet it also was rated A......which she purposely ignored. So she was cultivating false impressions.

Nuff said.

nope!

Megyn Kelly SAID at the debate, the LAST rating the BBB had on Trump University was for the year 2010, which was a D-, and there have been no further ratings of Trump University since.

politifact and many other factchecks have VERIFIED what she said, is true.

Dumbass.

Excuse me?

Kelly wasn't lying. His school's rating of D- had NOT returned to an A, as Trump claimed. I heard the debate and what both Kelly and Trump said. She had the facts correct.

You lie.

Nuff said.

nope!

Megyn Kelly SAID at the debate, the LAST rating the BBB had on Trump University was for the year 2010, which was a D-, and there have been no further ratings of Trump University since.

politifact and many other factchecks have VERIFIED what she said, is true.

Others have said she lied.

So who do we believe?

A Soros propaganda site or somebody who is simply reporting from the official record?

Forum List

Back