Megyn Kelly Lied About Trump University Rating..It Has Received An A Rating

I wonder how many Trump fans, who I suspect were probably in the past among the most vocal defenders of Fox News and its claim to be "Fair and Balanced" are now having second thoughts? I know it didn't bother them when the "other side" was subjected to this kind of treatment by Fox News hosts. Any actions or words of a "liberal" guest that were unflattering, or could be interpreted by Fox's ever critical scrutiny and heavy massaging to be negative, were repackaged into 30 sec. soundbites to be ritually repeated seemingly to the end of time. Trump better get used to this treatment, the anchors and the flunky hired guns who can be manipulated will follow the marching orders and en masse chip away at Trump's credibility. Along with the Republican establishments almost solid anti-Trump front this could be devastating. Any dirt they have on Trump that typically would be swept under the rug or explained away in the service of a "controlled" candidate by the Fox/Republican information machine will be doled out to a worker bee like Romney and become another poison pill to Trump's candidacy. And have no doubt, they will have a file cabinet full of dirt. Will the rank and file revolt at this treacherous treatment of the leading candidate? After all the Republicans did strike a deal with Trump near the start of this foul mess, they'd play nice if he promised not to go third party.Well their not "playing nice" now, are they?
Kelly herself is definitely looking like the stereotypical "woman scorned" and has thrown out any pretence of being fair and balanced. One thing she said in her debate attack, the “A Rating” had “never been publicly available.” was a big mistake, a professional communicator should avoid that word "never". Like other absolutes it usually comes back to bite you in the ass. You've challenged a lot of people to prove you wrong and in this case it didn't take very long. Being obviously wrong about one thing exposes her to all sorts of accusations. As a matter of fact that's one of Fox New's favorite gambits. Megan Kelly is a sly/smart lady and with her Fox News bully pulpit she's a dangerous enemy to have. These stop-Trump enemies are really starting to pile up, if Trump wasn't such a Master of slash and burn politics himself the match would already be called as a TKO. Sometimes I think he's being a crafty rope-a-dope power puncher and sometimes just a dope-on-a-rope. Either way, with the forces arrayed against him, I just don't see Trump lasting much longer unless the anti-Establishment base becomes so noisy and threatening the powers that be have to back off.
You bring up a lot of good points here and I generally agree with you. I would point out that the pre-Trump Fox news was not all wool of the same dye. I have always found Hannity to be over the top, i.e. not fair and balanced. O'Reilly however you spell it tried to be fair but his ego and temper often got in the way and he would shout down his Liberal guests. Megyn is an operator who is out for Megyn. She went all in to take down Trump seeing her opportunity to take a step up in the media world. But whoops! Trump happened and now as you point out she is a Diva scorned out for blood. If nothing else Trump has turned media and GOP establishments upside down. Who knows maybe this is all good.
But do you think Megan Kelly did this all on her own for the first debate? I THINK HER BOSSES made the decision on that....not her.
If she didn't do it on her own, then she was all in on decison. I don't see any shrinking violet in those eyes. She saw the upside opportunity in being the Fox anchor that took down Trump.

She better pray Trump doesn't make President. I'm sure there's behind the scenes actions a President could use to squash a news anchor if he got it into his mind to do so. Trump doesn't seem the forgiving type. Quite the opposite, I think that pimple is going to fester with age and will get squashed one way or another if a President Trump desired it.

So you basically admit Trump would abuse his power as president. Interesting.

In case you didn't notice I'm Canadian and no big fan of Trump. I'm not admitting anything. More like predicting it.

Megyn Kelly pulled a Candy Crowley last night:

"Megyn Kelly said of the school, which has become a talking point for Mr. Trump’s opponents, “The rating from the Better Business Bureau was a D-minus. That’s the last publicly available rating.”

Mr. Trump replied, “It was elevated to an A.”

Ms. Kelly argued with Mr. Trump, saying, “That’s never been publicly available.”

Then she proceeded to shush both Mr. Trump and Mr. Rubio, who was clearly delighted that Ms. Kelly was doing his bidding, as he’s made Trump University the centerpiece of his knocks on Mr. Trump.

She said, “Let me just set the record straight and then you can have at it.”

At this point, Ms. Kelly walked through the substance of the case, noting that there were 5,000 plaintiffs, and all the rest, even comparing Mr. Trump to Bernie Madoff and putting on screen an incendiary quote from the judge that certified the class action case for the Ninth Circuit. All of this is fine, if a bit over the top in its detail, considering that no other candidate was subjected to this kind of produced set piece (Mr. Trump also got the TV-clip mashup treatment that he missed when he skipped the last Fox debate).

But the problem is two-fold. First, Ms. Kelly appointed herself fact-checker here, exactly as Ms. Crowley had done four years ago. By correcting Mr. Trump in saying, “That’s never been publicly available,” she is no longer simply refereeing but awarding points, as well. Second, she’s wrong. And she had to have known it.
Just three days earlier, NBC News ran an extensive exploration of the “ratings” question. It was a fact-check piece based on Mr. Trump making the same “A Rating” claim on Meet the Press. In a story headlined “Better Business Bureau: Trump Right on ‘A’ Rating — Mostly,” NBC concluded that the rating did indeed fluctuate, as he indicated at the debate.

The story reads, “In fact, according to the rating agency, Trump appears to have undersold things—at times in the past, his ‘university’ had an A-plus rating.” It goes on to say, “But it’s not all good news for the Republican front-runner. The BBB’s ratings are ‘dynamic’ and are based on a constantly shifting algorithm, meaning they’re changing all the time. And over the years, the company’s rating had fallen as far as D-minus—an assessment Trump chose not to mention Sunday.”

Yet Ms. Kelly said that the “A Rating” had “never been publicly available.”

Naturally, the campaigns of Mr. Trump’s rivals ate it up. Just as predictably, the media quickly applauded Ms. Kelly’s acumen.

“Megyn Kelly is Donald Trump’s toughest adversary in GOP debate,” opined CNNMoney‎, while the Huffington Post wrote, “Fox News host Megyn Kelly may as well have been on the debate stage at Thursday’s Republican presidential debate in Detroit, because she wiped the floor with real estate mogul Donald Trump.” Salon delighted in how “Trump’s arch-nemesis strikes back” and “went for the jugular.”

But the question remains: Should debate moderators really be “wiping the floor” and “going for the jugular” with candidates? Even when—especially when—they’re wrong on the facts?"

Megyn Kelly 2016 Is Candy Crowley 2012

I wonder how many Trump fans, who I suspect were probably in the past among the most vocal defenders of Fox News and its claim to be "Fair and Balanced" are now having second thoughts? I know it didn't bother them when the "other side" was subjected to this kind of treatment by Fox News hosts. Any actions or words of a "liberal" guest that were unflattering, or could be interpreted by Fox's ever critical scrutiny and heavy massaging to be negative, were repackaged into 30 sec. soundbites to be ritually repeated seemingly to the end of time. Trump better get used to this treatment, the anchors and the flunky hired guns who can be manipulated will follow the marching orders and en masse chip away at Trump's credibility. Along with the Republican establishments almost solid anti-Trump front this could be devastating. Any dirt they have on Trump that typically would be swept under the rug or explained away in the service of a "controlled" candidate by the Fox/Republican information machine will be doled out to a worker bee like Romney and become another poison pill to Trump's candidacy. And have no doubt, they will have a file cabinet full of dirt. Will the rank and file revolt at this treacherous treatment of the leading candidate? After all the Republicans did strike a deal with Trump near the start of this foul mess, they'd play nice if he promised not to go third party.Well their not "playing nice" now, are they?
Kelly herself is definitely looking like the stereotypical "woman scorned" and has thrown out any pretence of being fair and balanced. One thing she said in her debate attack, the “A Rating” had “never been publicly available.” was a big mistake, a professional communicator should avoid that word "never". Like other absolutes it usually comes back to bite you in the ass. You've challenged a lot of people to prove you wrong and in this case it didn't take very long. Being obviously wrong about one thing exposes her to all sorts of accusations. As a matter of fact that's one of Fox New's favorite gambits. Megan Kelly is a sly/smart lady and with her Fox News bully pulpit she's a dangerous enemy to have. These stop-Trump enemies are really starting to pile up, if Trump wasn't such a Master of slash and burn politics himself the match would already be called as a TKO. Sometimes I think he's being a crafty rope-a-dope power puncher and sometimes just a dope-on-a-rope. Either way, with the forces arrayed against him, I just don't see Trump lasting much longer unless the anti-Establishment base becomes so noisy and threatening the powers that be have to back off.
You bring up a lot of good points here and I generally agree with you. I would point out that the pre-Trump Fox news was not all wool of the same dye. I have always found Hannity to be over the top, i.e. not fair and balanced. O'Reilly however you spell it tried to be fair but his ego and temper often got in the way and he would shout down his Liberal guests. Megyn is an operator who is out for Megyn. She went all in to take down Trump seeing her opportunity to take a step up in the media world. But whoops! Trump happened and now as you point out she is a Diva scorned out for blood. If nothing else Trump has turned media and GOP establishments upside down. Who knows maybe this is all good.
But do you think Megan Kelly did this all on her own for the first debate? I THINK HER BOSSES made the decision on that....not her.
If she didn't do it on her own, then she was all in on decison. I don't see any shrinking violet in those eyes. She saw the upside opportunity in being the Fox anchor that took down Trump.

She better pray Trump doesn't make President. I'm sure there's behind the scenes actions a President could use to squash a news anchor if he got it into his mind to do so. Trump doesn't seem the forgiving type. Quite the opposite, I think that pimple is going to fester with age and will get squashed one way or another if a President Trump desired it.

God, what a WONDERFUL set of character traits to be looking for in a President: petty and vindictive and, when faced with the duties and responsibilities of running the country, focusing on "squashing" a reporter for personal revenge.

You've definitely sold me on how FANTASTICALLY Presidential Donald Trump is! Screw that whole Islamic terrorism, nuclear threat, illegal immigration bullshit; what really matters is having a President who knows how to coddle his own ego!

Dumbass.

Interesting seeing as how liberals didn't care when Obama did it. Like clockwork. Nobody minds if the president abuses his power, if he's on their side.
Interesting that conservatives don't mind their own doing it.

Interesting that you can't tell the difference between Trump supporters and conservatives.

God, what a WONDERFUL set of character traits to be looking for in a President: petty and vindictive and, when faced with the duties and responsibilities of running the country, focusing on "squashing" a reporter for personal revenge.

You've definitely sold me on how FANTASTICALLY Presidential Donald Trump is! Screw that whole Islamic terrorism, nuclear threat, illegal immigration bullshit; what really matters is having a President who knows how to coddle his own ego!

Dumbass.
We've been seeing much worse from Obama, beginning with destroying Joe The Plumber and anyone else that gets in his way.....using the IRS to attack anyone who donates to Republicans.

You really don't have any right to criticize.

Interesting that conservatives don't mind their own doing it.

Nobody on either side cares if their guy is doing it.

Would you like to condemn Obama's abuse of power right here?

I do which is why I didn't vote for him. now let's see if you are going to condemn trump if he does the same.
It's gonna take more than some harsh words to convince me Trump is as bad as Obama.

Dumbass.
We've been seeing much worse from Obama, beginning with destroying Joe The Plumber and anyone else that gets in his way.....using the IRS to attack anyone who donates to Republicans.

Please tell the class how Joe The Plumber was destroyed by Obama.

You will fail spectacularly.

Dumbass.

lookie lookie!

ALL the right wingers fighting each other....boy, trump is a great unifier of GOPers! Reminds me of the last RNC debate!

From the horse's mouth, or rather, the BBB website:

The Trump Entrepreneur Initiative Review - TRAINING PROGRAMS in New York, NY - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Metropolitan New York, Long Island, and the Mid-Hudson Region

There is no rating now because TU is out of business. So Trump was lying when he said they had been rated "A".

Sounds like Megyn Kelly was reaching up her own @ss, too.

But this sure is interesting. I know it's hard for righties to wade through too much content, so just skip down to the last paragraph.

Government Actions
NY AG Sues Trump Entrepreneur Initiative, Seeks $40M in Restitution for Consumers
Date of Action: 8/24/2013

The following describes a pending government action that has been formally brought by a government agency but has not yet been resolved. We are providing a summary of the government’s allegations, which have not yet been proven.

On August 24, 2013, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman announced that he has filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump, The Trump Entrepreneur Institute -- formerly named Trump University LLC (“Trump University”), and Michael Sexton, former President of Trump University for engaging in persistent fraudulent, illegal and deceptive conduct in connection with the operation of Trump University. Between 2005 through 2011, the lawsuit says that Trump University operated as an unlicensed educational institute that promised to teach Donald Trump’s real estate investing techniques to consumers nationwide but instead misled consumers into paying for a series of expensive courses that did not deliver on their promises. The petition filed in New York Supreme Court in Manhattan details the advertisements run by Trump University in major newspapers across the country and the direct mail solicitations sent to entice consumers to attend a free workshop. These ads prominently displayed Donald Trump’s photograph and signature, or were styled as letters written by Trump himself. The suit says the advertisements were replete with false claims, including claims that consumers would learn “from Donald Trump’s handpicked instructor a systematic method for investing in real estate that anyone can use.” Other ads promised “my handpicked instructors will share my techniques” or “learn from my hand-picked expert” and “just copy exactly what I’ve done and get rich.” Despite Trump University’s advertised claims, consumers attending free seminars did not learn Donald Trump’s real estate techniques. Instead, the lawsuit alleges that Trump University’s instructors made multiple misrepresentations to convince consumers to sign up for a $1,495 three-day seminar. And instead of providing all of the promised services, instructors then used the three-day seminars to pitch consumers an expensive Trump Elite mentor-ship programs costing $10,000 to $35,000. The New York Attorney General’s lawsuit seeks full restitution for the more than 5,000 consumers nationwide who were defrauded of over $40 million in the scheme.

In October 2014, New York State Supreme Court Justice Cynthia S. Kern ruled that Mr. Trump is personally liable for operating a for-profit investment school without the required license. She also tossed out some of the New York AG's claims and ruled that some evidence is beyond the statute of limitations. Judge Kern ruled that several major aspects of the fraud lawsuit will be decided at a forthcoming trial.

On March 1, 2016, The Supreme Court, Appellate Division, First Department held that the New York State Attorney General is authorized to bring a cause of action for fraud under Executive Law §63(12), overruling a lower court’s decision on this cause of action.

Last edited:

Dumbass.

Excuse me?

I'm not even sure where to start breaking down what's wrong with this horseshit post. It should require a rewriting of the laws of physics to pack this much fail into such a tiny collection of letters.

Let's start at the bottom. I have every right to criticize that any other human being in this country has. It's called "The First Amendment". Do please attempt to recall that the name is "Bill of Rights", not "Bill of Suggestions" while you're having your little Trump-gasm, okay?

Second, what in the holy blue blazes does Obama have to do with this conversation? If you're planning to in any way, shape, or form accuse me of being an Obama supporter, I suggest you stop, pull your head out of Trump's ass, think about who you're talking to, and then thank God you're not close enough for me to kick you in the nads for an insult that egregious.

Third, that whole "he did it first" line of argument doesn't even work on the playground, which is where most of us left it when we grew up. It's not surprising that worshipers of a schoolyard bully would argue like children the way he does, but that doesn't mean I'm not still going to point out how ridiculous and puerile it is.

I see Megyn has a new feminist/bulldyke hairdo. Now that she's popped out a few kids and started to hate men, how long till she joins the Rachell Maddow show?
---
You certainly are Mad.
This male scientist (me) responds naturally to a beautiful woman who is also smart.
And, boy, Megyn is a hottie!
That hairdo is attractive; shows off her beautiful angled face with intellectual confidence.
Smart guys love smart women ... unlike you.

Megyn Kelly pulled a Candy Crowley last night:
But the question remains: Should debate moderators really be “wiping the floor” and “going for the jugular” with candidates? Even when—especially when—they’re wrong on the facts?"

Megyn Kelly 2016 Is Candy Crowley 2012
---
FACT:

Trump filed a $1 million defamation suit against former Trump University student Tarla Makaeff, who had spent about $37,000 on seminars, after she joined the class-action lawsuit and publicized her classroom experiences on social media. Unable to prove malice, Trump University lost an anti-SLAPP lawsuit (under statutes designed to thwart legal intimidation of class-action participants) and was ordered by a U.S. District Judge in April 2015 to pay Makaeff and her lawyers $798,774.24 in legal fees and costs.

Last edited:

Dumbass.

Excuse me?

I'm not even sure where to start breaking down what's wrong with this horseshit post. It should require a rewriting of the laws of physics to pack this much fail into such a tiny collection of letters.

Let's start at the bottom. I have every right to criticize that any other human being in this country has. It's called "The First Amendment". Do please attempt to recall that the name is "Bill of Rights", not "Bill of Suggestions" while you're having your little Trump-gasm, okay?

Second, what in the holy blue blazes does Obama have to do with this conversation? If you're planning to in any way, shape, or form accuse me of being an Obama supporter, I suggest you stop, pull your head out of Trump's ass, think about who you're talking to, and then thank God you're not close enough for me to kick you in the nads for an insult that egregious.

Third, that whole "he did it first" line of argument doesn't even work on the playground, which is where most of us left it when we grew up. It's not surprising that worshipers of a schoolyard bully would argue like children the way he does, but that doesn't mean I'm not still going to point out how ridiculous and puerile it is.
all i gotta say is, well done! we disagree on most everything, but I am not a Trumpette and got a chuckle from your post Cecilie! :lol::lol:

Dumbass.

lookie lookie!

ALL the right wingers fighting each other....boy, trump is a great unifier of GOPers! Reminds me of the last RNC debate!

As opposed to your side where your vote is totally worthless, because your candidate has already been picked for you.

The pathetic thing about it is you don't seem to mind.

Dumbass.

Excuse me?

You post was literally dripping with irony.
Everything you people get caught doing, your primary defense is always that somebody else did it before, as if that is an excuse for breaking the law.

And this has zip to do with freedom of speech and everything to do with ethics and honest reporting. Journalists still have a responsibility to tell the truth, or they face not only legal action but a total loss of credibility with the public. Walter Cronkite and his like are long gone, and has been replaced with liberals who specialize in yellow journalism. Honest reporting is essential. Once they go too far they often get the pink-slips they so greatly deserve. If you want to find out about this, read about the Dan Rather scandal.

The only thing protecting Ms Kelly is the fact that she was hired by Rodger Ailes to be his hatchet-man...or woman. Candy Crowley lost her job because she lost her viewers due to a lack of credibility. Being labeled a liar isn't a resume enhancement, unless you want to work at MSNBC, and even there people have been fired for pissing people off.

Dumbass.

That post of mine must have been poorly written and ambiguous about my train of thought, I've been criticized for it several times. Not that I mind being criticized generally but I do for positions I do not hold.

I'll repeat a defensive reply I've already posted;

In case you didn't notice I'm Canadian and no big fan of Trump. I'm not admitting anything. More like predicting it.

REPEAT: "In case you didn't notice I'm Canadian and no big fan of Trump. I'm not admitting anything. More like predicting it."

As a liberal I'm not a fan of any of these guys. Although Cruz and Rubio are especially repugnant to me. And if forced to vote for one of them it would be Trump. If you're wondering why not Kasich who is purportedly the most moderate I've already explained why in a previous post and don't have time to repeat it all now. I have my reasons why I think the role Trump is acting is one he feels he has to play to reach his goal - and I see him as a single-mindedly goal oriented guy as unconstrained by "actual truth" as the other candidates are. They all have their pet narratives spun whole cloth out of falsities, exaggeration, and right wing myth. My intuition that the real Trump is less offensive than the mask could be massively wrong, however that's no matter because as I've repeated over and over, being Canadian I get to throw in my two bits without responsibility for outcome.

Forum List

Back