Melania trump, pro-choicer.

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
Melania Trump made an extraordinary declaration in an eagerly awaited memoir to be published a month from election day: she is a passionate supporter of a woman’s right to control her own body – including the right to abortion.

“It is imperative to guarantee that women have autonomy in deciding their preference of having children, based on their own convictions, free from any intervention or pressure from the government,” the Republican nominee’s wife writes, amid a campaign in which Donald Trump’s threats to women’s reproductive rights have played a central role.

“Why should anyone other than the woman herself have the power to determine what she does with her own body? A woman’s fundamental right of individual liberty, to her own life, grants her the authority to terminate her pregnancy if she wishes.

“Restricting a woman’s right to choose whether to terminate an unwanted pregnancy is the same as denying her control over her own body. I have carried this belief with me throughout my entire adult life.”

You suppose trump knew that was in there? And ya gotta wonder what the campaign is thinking about this as well.

But good on here for finally showing us she has at least one independent thought.

Unless it was just overlooked while she plagiarized other authors for her book.

Melania Trump made an extraordinary declaration in an eagerly awaited memoir to be published a month from election day: she is a passionate supporter of a woman’s right to control her own body – including the right to abortion.

“It is imperative to guarantee that women have autonomy in deciding their preference of having children, based on their own convictions, free from any intervention or pressure from the government,” the Republican nominee’s wife writes, amid a campaign in which Donald Trump’s threats to women’s reproductive rights have played a central role.

“Why should anyone other than the woman herself have the power to determine what she does with her own body? A woman’s fundamental right of individual liberty, to her own life, grants her the authority to terminate her pregnancy if she wishes.

“Restricting a woman’s right to choose whether to terminate an unwanted pregnancy is the same as denying her control over her own body. I have carried this belief with me throughout my entire adult life.”

You suppose trump knew that was in there? And ya gotta wonder what the campaign is thinking about this as well.

But good on here for finally showing us she has at least one independent thought.

A woman who is just a bit too independent and strong for her husband's deviant behaviour.

It's her gift to all women at the most appropriate time!

He'll just have to cheat a little harder.

Supporting a woman’s right to privacy doesn’t necessarily mean one approves of abortion – it can mean one opposes government excess and overreach while defending individual liberty.

Indeed, as we’ve seen, banning abortion does little, if anything, the end the practice.

As for Melania Trump – who knows; it may be a bad-faith attempt to mitigate the damage caused by the reckless, irresponsible overturning of Roe and Trump’s culpability in jeopardizing the health and lives of women.

Forum List

Back