A woman’s fundamental right of individual liberty, to her own life, grants her the authority to terminate her pregnancy if she wishes.

There is no Constitutional right to control what we do with our bodies. The following is illegal:

Drug abuse

Suicide

Prostitution

Soliciting prostitution

Drunk driving

etc.

Melania weighs in to the abortion debate and its pretty basic humanity.

“Restricting a woman’s right to choose whether to terminate an unwanted pregnancy is the same as denying her control over her own body. I have carried this belief with me throughout my entire adult life.”

If onlu she had the guts to sat it earlier and not for profit.

But still Chwarae Teg ( fair play) and all that Better late than never.
She is entitled to that belief.

She is wrong.

It isn't JUST her body. There are two distinct bodies and two distinct lives.

Men (but only the fathers of the fetus) should have a say in whether the abortion can take place if the mother wants to have an abortion, or at least not when the abortion is due to something that can affect the woman's life.
How exactly would that work? They each get a vote and the courts act as tie breakers?
Nonetheless fathers should not be able to decide whether to pay support or not even if the mother decides not to have the abortion. If he was not willing to be a father (with all the obligations that brings), he should have used a condom.
A man has a fundamental right to do with his money whatever he wants. If she can't afford the baby on her own then she can abort it. My wallet my choice.

Women are dying in states that deny aboortion. Texas is killing more women than Israel.
Me amd Melania are in lockstep on this issue.

Ok, that’s great. So, when will you support the legalization of hard drugs, so people can do what they want with their own bodies? Or are you ok with the government telling people what they can do with their own bodies, just an exception for abortion?

You cannot compare one with the other. Taking drugs can cause problems to other people because when you are drugged, you lose control over what you do and you can do harm to others. When a woman has an abortion, the only one being in harm's way is herself.

So do people who drink alcohol, yet that is legal. Just make the rules for taking meth amphetamines the same for drinking. No operating a motor vehicle, and I’ll even say, for hard drugs, you can only do them inside your house.

That should solve that problem.

Forum List

Back