Melissa Harris-Perry on MSNBC...

It's the people that remained that didn't give a shit about the city. These people turned to violence and bull shit....
next thing they'll do is DEMAND that the rest of us bail their silly asses out...to me? That's a huge NO! You made the mess...bail yerself out...that goes for the rest of the Blue State enclaves...get OFF our backs...we're sick of it.

Hey [MENTION=42689]The2ndAmendment[/MENTION]....since you claim she is somewhat less educated than you are?....here are her credentials..

She received a bachelor of arts in English from Wake Forest University in 1994 and a Ph.D. in political science from Duke University in 1999. She also received an honorary doctorate from Meadville Lombard Theological School.[2][3] Motivated to better understand the role of the black church in political movements, she was a Master of Divinity student at Union Theological Seminary of New York City.
She was an associate professor at Princeton, and is Currently a Professor of Political Science at Tulane University.

Oh and I love her lisp. She is adorable.

Bow down bitch.

And I am a concert pianist and clarinet player, whose achievements are measured and weighed by PERFORMANCE and RESULTS.

And guess what? In life, the only way in one can be judged is by the results and consequences which follow their decisions and actions.

That is something you "Intellectuals" will never understand. The next door electrician has more skill and practical knowledge than you ivory tower elites. Also, he is subject to real-world analysis and results. Seeing that he's been in business for 22 years, I'd say he's pretty damn good.

As Detroit lost population, the government should have gotten smaller. It didn't. It kept growing with more and more benefits to unproductive people. The police had cuts to pay the pensions. This leads to fewer police. It doesn't take a mathemetician to figure that one out. Detroit should have promised and paid pensions and legacy benefits commensurate with the size of the population. Instead of cutting spending to match the diminished size, Detroit sold municipal bonds to make up the shortfall, some of that money was skimmed to start with. Detroit wanted, above all, black leadership. They got Kwame Kilpatrick. That's what they wanted. He robbed and raped them. When he was being tried, the blacks of Detroit took to the street in protest. He was their chosen leader. That's what they wanted.

Your claim that government should have gotten smaller is a simplistic view. What you do not understand is that one of the biggest problems is that the city must provide public services to the same area as it always has, but that there are less people to support the base. You still need as many cops because they are covering the same area. You need just as many garbage men and street workers.

One of Dave Bing's ideas was to try to close down entire sections of the city, but it's not an easy thing to do as many people refuse to move. Developers won't touch any of it as long as there are stragglers left hanging around to old dilapidated homes.

It's the people that remained that didn't give a shit about the city. These people turned to violence and bull shit....

that is why the people left

they got ed up with

people that didn't give a shit

and turned to violence and bull shit

Hey [MENTION=42689]The2ndAmendment[/MENTION]....since you claim she is somewhat less educated than you are?....here are her credentials..

She received a bachelor of arts in English from Wake Forest University in 1994 and a Ph.D. in political science from Duke University in 1999. She also received an honorary doctorate from Meadville Lombard Theological School.[2][3] Motivated to better understand the role of the black church in political movements, she was a Master of Divinity student at Union Theological Seminary of New York City.
She was an associate professor at Princeton, and is Currently a Professor of Political Science at Tulane University.

Oh and I love her lisp. She is adorable.

Bow down bitch.

And I am a concert pianist and clarinet player, whose achievements are measured and weighed by PERFORMANCE and RESULTS.

And guess what? In life, the only way in one can be judged is by the results and consequences which follow their decisions and actions.

That is something you "Intellectuals" will never understand. The next door electrician has more skill and practical knowledge than you ivory tower elites. Also, he is subject to real-world analysis and results. Seeing that he's been in business for 22 years, I'd say he's pretty damn good.

I get pretty bored when people start spouting off credentials, certificates and degrees.
I believe in two things. Results and accomplishments.
What has this person done that so important.
In Harris-Perry's concern, nothing. She has taken full advantage of the things this country offers, most likely has made a bunch of money and now she curses the very system that has permitted her to achieve. These people are hypocrites and frauds.

Forum List

Back