Melissa Harris-Perry on MSNBC...

Hey [MENTION=42689]The2ndAmendment[/MENTION]....since you claim she is somewhat less educated than you are?....here are her credentials..

She received a bachelor of arts in English from Wake Forest University in 1994 and a Ph.D. in political science from Duke University in 1999. She also received an honorary doctorate from Meadville Lombard Theological School.[2][3] Motivated to better understand the role of the black church in political movements, she was a Master of Divinity student at Union Theological Seminary of New York City.
She was an associate professor at Princeton, and is Currently a Professor of Political Science at Tulane University.

Oh and I love her lisp. She is adorable.

Bow down bitch.
Explain how your angry comments, which have ZERO to do with the problems of Detroit, have anything to do with the fact that this woman's ideas are so far fetched, they may defy the laws of gravity.
There are highly educated criminals. Shall we excuse them because they have Degrees?
There are highly educated people who represent the very institutions you liberals despise..CEO's Wall Street, Corporations, etc, do they get your hall pass because of their degrees?
You libs are quite efficient at figuring out the best way to step in mud when circling the wagons around fellow libs.

[MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]2ndammendment said the following... "Here is the transcript edited to fix her inability to speak proper English:" I then posted her credentials.

Please read what I just posted and respond. Lets see what you are made of.

Hey [MENTION=42689]The2ndAmendment[/MENTION]....since you claim she is somewhat less educated than you are?....here are her credentials..

She received a bachelor of arts in English from Wake Forest University in 1994 and a Ph.D. in political science from Duke University in 1999. She also received an honorary doctorate from Meadville Lombard Theological School.[2][3] Motivated to better understand the role of the black church in political movements, she was a Master of Divinity student at Union Theological Seminary of New York City.
She was an associate professor at Princeton, and is Currently a Professor of Political Science at Tulane University.

Bow down bitch.
Credentials aside Ms Harris-Perry has radical ideas which are incompatible with the concepts of freedom and liberty. She seeks to use the power of government to force her will on others.
She may be book smart, but book smarts are no guarantee of intelligence.
So you can cram that up your ass.

Thats hot. (Speaking of no guarantee of intelligence. :) )

THAT is the best you've got?
You cannot find a single aspect of Harris-Perry's ideas you are willing to defend save her extensive time spent going to school?
Evasion of the issues is a great indicator of a lack of available substance to add to a discussion.

Bow down bitch.
Explain how your angry comments, which have ZERO to do with the problems of Detroit, have anything to do with the fact that this woman's ideas are so far fetched, they may defy the laws of gravity.
There are highly educated criminals. Shall we excuse them because they have Degrees?
There are highly educated people who represent the very institutions you liberals despise..CEO's Wall Street, Corporations, etc, do they get your hall pass because of their degrees?
You libs are quite efficient at figuring out the best way to step in mud when circling the wagons around fellow libs.

[MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]2ndammendment said the following... "Here is the transcript edited to fix her inability to speak proper English:" I then posted her credentials.

I don't care about her credentials. They are irrelevant for purposes of this discussion.
The topic is her ideas regarding the conditions found in Detroit and her observations as to the solution.
BTW, she offered no solutions. She simply offered an opinion on Detroit's problems.
Surely one as highly educated as Harris-Perry must have some ideas..Other than to punish those who had the audacity to move out of the city.

Last edited:
My ideas....

1. Cut all welfare to all abled bodied people. This gets them thinking about creating jobs and wanting to work.
2. The government(mayor) of Detroit needs to hire some of these people as police. Maybe even encourage neighborhood watches. ;)
3. The people will set up businesses that will lead to more wealth. 2. will encourage more people to want to come to the area ;)
4. Collect city wide taxes from that wealth a year or two done the line. Use that to hire more police and to improve the schools.

This is what Detroit needs.

My ideas....

1. Cut all welfare to all abled bodied people. This gets them thinking about creating jobs and wanting to work.
2. The government(mayor) of Detroit needs to hire some of these people as police. Maybe even encourage neighborhood watches. ;)
3. The people will set up businesses that will lead to more wealth. 2. will encourage more people to want to come to the area ;)
4. Collect city wide taxes from that wealth a year or two done the line. Use that to hire more police and to improve the schools.

Nothing can improve until the private sector can be presented with ideas that will spur investment in the city.
Until the tax base begins to grow, Detroit will continue to spiral downward.

I don't care about her credentials. They are irrelevant for purposes of this discussion.
The topic is her ideas regarding the conditions found in Detroit and her observations as to the solution.
BTW, she offered no solutions. She simply offered an opinion on Detroit's problems.
Surely one as highly educated as Harris-Perry must have some ideas..Other than to punish those who had the audacity to move out of the city.

And I repreat why I posted her credentials. I was not responding to anything you posted. I was responding to the2ndammendment.

""Here is the transcript edited to fix her inability to speak proper English:"

Again, how you respond will show alot about your character. Please continue.

You want to start repopulating Detroit, start with the pensioners.

Make all who have left to move back or forfeit their pensions.

Then, make everyone who has a job with the city and county live there as well.

One of Detroit's issues is that most of the city's municipal employees live OUTSIDE of Detroit. That is most likely because they can afford to live in the suburbs.
So the residents of Detroit are paying these people via taxation while the city workers are able to escape those taxes.
Of course this is a guess. Some cities have residency requirements for municipal employees. Detroit may be one of those cities.
Does this mean that these employees have fleeced Detroit into bankruptcy? If so, this means the residents didn't choose wisely their leaders, because the leaders negotiated contracts with them and let it happen...

My ideas....

Nothing can improve until the private sector can be presented with ideas that will spur investment in the city.

The problem with Detroit is at it's core is peoples inability to conduct business safely and at all. The schools are full of people that can't read or think as they're more interested in being "gangta's and thugs" to do so. These people then go around killing each other instead of improving their own society.

What needs to happen is the attitude needs to charge.
1. Children need to be discouraged from this behavior
2. People should be encouraged to advance(work, build busineses)
3. Tax base should grow from inside to outside
4. Police and education should be improved based on 1 and 4. As it all links together.:eusa_hand:

My ideas....

The problem with Detroit is at it's core is peoples inability to conduct business safely and at all. The schools are full of people that can't read or think as they're more interested in being "gangta's and thugs" to do so. These people then go around killing each other instead of improving their own society.

What needs to happen is the attitude needs to charge.
1. Children need to be discouraged from this behavior
2. People should be encouraged to advance(work, build busineses)
3. Tax base should grow from inside to outside
4. Police and education should be improved based on 1 and 4. As it all links together.:eusa_hand:
Culture needs to change...

Bow down bitch.

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." -Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001 George Bush 43.

BA History--Yale University
MBA--Harvard Business School

Education doesn't mean you can speak or write proper English. However, you would expect someone with an English degree to do a little better.

Last edited:
Hey @The2ndAmendment....since you claim she is somewhat less educated than you are?....here are her credentials..

Bow down bitch.

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." -Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001 George Bush 43.

BA History--Yale University
MBA--Harvard Business School

Education doesn't mean you can speak or write proper English. However, you would expect someone with an English degree to do a little better.
He or her? :badgrin:

You want to start repopulating Detroit, start with the pensioners.

Make all who have left to move back or forfeit their pensions.

Then, make everyone who has a job with the city and county live there as well.

They should also have to work until age 65 like the rest of us & not make more on their pensions than the workers make. They thought they could just show up for 20 years & retire on the beach for 40 years making way more than they ever made going to a job. They tried to make tax payers pay them 3 times for work they were already paid to do.

And I repreat why I posted her credentials. I was not responding to anything you posted. I was responding to the2ndammendment.

Holy shit...Go argue with 2nd amendment then.

Holy shit...Go argue with 2nd amendment then.
Zoned wouldn't deal well with dead guys whom wrote it...:eusa_whistle:

Ha. Commie idaes never die.

You could not leave the place were you were registered in Soviet Union. In order to move somewhere else and be registered there you should have a reason and a permission.

In earlier years ( Stalin's era) there were the whole classes of people ( peasants) who were forbidden to move anywhere from their villages.
Those were basically slaves.

Forum List

Back