Kamala Harris says she’s going to lower prices.

She can't force prices down. The inflation was/is inevitable, and its roots began over a decade ago.

Neither party is being honest with America over what caused inflation, because both played a role in it.

They both did and so did a whole lot else they have no control over.

But Biden doesn't get to claim "Bidenomics" unchallenged. His ass has been served to him on a silver platter on several occasions.

Democrats actually cut deficits & inflation.
When ?

Not under Biden.

Sans Covid, his lowest deficit is 1.5 x higher than Trumps highest. He's on track for 2.5 trillion this year alone.

So tell me again....when ?

Crop Giant Cargill Reports Biggest Profit in 156-Year History​

Obviously they do have some room...
I wonder if their shareholders would agree with you though ? I'm not too familiar with their business structure so I don't know how widespread they are.
Profits do not automatically mean price gouging.

It occurs to me that the upswing in their profit line also mirrors the population explosion taking place right under our noses via massive immigrant infusion as well as natural birth rate.

I guess I would want to see the actual turnover costs between the intake of the raw materials, the input of the labor and the final cost to the public after processing and transportation. Add to that the labor cost of the supermarkets and grocery stores.

I'm not defending them I just want to make sure I'm not pointing a finger where it doesn't belong because that doesn't do anybody any good.

But if what you say is true obviously something could be done within the business structure itself to help ease the cost to the average consumer.

Jo

She can't force prices down. The inflation was/is inevitable, and its roots began over a decade ago.

Neither party is being honest with America over what caused inflation, because both played a role in it.
It stands to reason that if you stress out one of the main components of the economy which is energy distribution you are going to stress out the rest of the economy as well.

It will inevitably show up in the purchasing power of the unit being used to do the commerce. There's no politics involved here just plain simple math.

It stands to reason that if you stress out one of the main components of the economy which is energy distribution you are going to stress out the rest of the economy as well.

It will inevitably show up in the purchasing power of the unit being used to do the commerce. There's no politics involved here just plain simple math.

Which is why Harris is lying out her ass when she say's she'll lower prices.

I've noticed that several items in the grocery store increased in price.....yet again.

But inflation is under control and the economy is great !!!

There have been plenty of oil price spikes over the years, and they did not trigger domestic inflation, let alone global inflation.

It's far more complicated than that.

There have been plenty of oil price spikes over the years, and they did not trigger domestic inflation, let alone global inflation.

It's far more complicated than that.

I think we're facing more than a price spike though.

What we're facing is a long-term overall rise in the total demand on the individual consumer that's filtering through the entire system.

It has more to do with the end use including all the regulations,taxes and processing.

It is possible that we're we're simply experiencing the result of an exponential rise in population maintenance. We've never been where we are now so who knows what to expect with all the civil engineering nightmares to follow?

It can, but not necessarily. Regulation has happened in the past and it didn't drive inflation. Oil prices have spiked in the past and it didn't cause inflation. Both occured at the same time and it didn't cause inflation.

This happened because we had poured over $11 TRILLION of stimulus into markets over the preceeding 12 years and weakened global supply chains completely collapsed coming out of the lockdowns.

The root of the $11 trillion -- the aggressive deregulation of financial markets, particularly the derivatives that caused the 2008 Meltdown -- goes back to long before that, when Clinton signed the repeal of Glass-Steagall.

This is a long and complicated story. Global inflation exploded just two months after Biden took office. There is absolutely no way in hell the global economy can turn on a dime like that, and it didn't.

I wouldn't argue that, but I do believe that the big spending bills that passed under Biden did add a lot of gasoline to the inflation fire and made it worse than it should have been. And I would propose that over the past few decades it has always been the democrats who forced greater gov't spending for their political agenda, and that also made inflation worse.

I wouldn't argue that, but I do believe that the big spending bills that passed under Biden did add a lot of gasoline to the inflation fire and made it worse than it should have been. And I would propose that over the past few decades it has always been the democrats who forced greater gov't spending for their political agenda, and that also made inflation worse.
It might have, but it would have to have been after the dollars had actually been spent and circulated through the economy. That took a long time, and it was definitely after inflation had spiked and fed on itself. I don't have figures on exactly when that spending happened, but it sure didn't happen quickly.

The bigger short term problem was the Fed took so fucking long to increase rates. I know first hand that the financial services industry was screaming for it, but I think the Fed was gun shy because it had already been far too involved in the economy.

All this shit added up. But to me, the three biggest factors were the massive liquidity in the system, the collapse of global supply chains, and a Fed that was asleep at the switch. But there's a lot of blame to go around.

Trump printed all the value out of our savings, stole our gold from Fort Knox & depleted our US oil reserves.
Mnuchin_Trump_ap_img.jpg

Trump had his appointee Steven Terner Mnuchin print 5 times more US Dollars.
steven-mnuchin-signature-dollar-bill-jpg.856708

fredgraph.png

00a4ee9e90e99f0140bf03f7567cd0c797-15-mnuchin-linton-money.2x.w710.jpg

180518160724-03-pdf-steve-mnuchin-flights.jpg

180518160717-01-pdf-steve-mnuchin-flights.jpg

Trump had Mnuchin & McConnell steal our gold from Fort Knox.
180518160731-04-pdf-steve-mnuchin-flights.jpg

180518160721-02-pdf-steve-mnuchin-flights.jpg

here-are-just-some-pictures-of-treasury-secretary-2-1050-1526668326-8_dblbig.jpg

Trump had his appointee Danny Ray Brouillette deplete oil from our SPR.
49209017206_4f3404a9dd_b.jpg

spr-oil-png.856670

"Trump says the dollar is too strong"

"Trump want's a weaker US dollar"

"JD Vance want's a weaker US dollar"

Trump Signing Bill to Drown the US in Debt!
stimulustrump-800.jpg

Stupid fucking troll. ^^^

That's a phony chart. It purposely excludes cost of living factors that contribute to the real inflation that people are facing and dealing with in a real life situation day by day.

It may be good for the core unit evaluations I'm not sure really..... Basically it's the government's opinion of what the dollar is worth as opposed to the average wage earner's opinion of what the dollar is worth.

The government is telling you the dollar is healthy, the grocery store is telling you the dollar is not.
Exactly.

I believe my eyes and ears.

My gas bill says prices have doubled. My grocery bill says prices have doubled.

That's real. What the government is trying to sell us is TOTALLY FAKE.

Ask around. Ask anyone. Everyone will tell you the same thing. Prices doubled under Biden and the Dems.

3% inflation is a TOTAL FUCKING LIE.

You know it, I know it, the grocer knows it too.

Exactly.

I believe my eyes and ears.

My gas bill says prices have doubled. My grocery bill says prices have doubled.

That's real. What the government is trying to sell us is TOTALLY FAKE.

Ask around. Ask anyone. Everyone will tell you the same thing. Prices doubled under Biden and the Dems.

3% inflation is a TOTAL FUCKING LIE.

You know it, I know it, the grocer knows it too.
They are desperately looking for reasons to blame the high price of groceries on. I suppose there could be some price gouging going on in the supply chain..I have a hard time believing that it's at the root of the general increase in grocery prices.

Energy is what has become more expensive. Energy to manufacture fertilizer, Energy to cultivate the crops, Energy to harvest the crops, Energy to process the crops, Energy to transport the crops, Energy to set the crops up in a local market.... Energy to drive to the store in order to buy the crops and Energy to bring them home and store them in your refrigerator.

ENERGY...

Something that is involved in every process has become far more expensive. When you trade more currency or less product as we have been doing with energy the currency inflates he creates a negative feedback loop.

Forum List

Back