Kamala Harris says she’s going to lower prices.

Inflation exploded March 27, 2000. The day Trump signed the largest deficit & dollar printing bill in US history.

Inflation crashed when Biden passed the inflation reduction act of 2022

fredgraph.png
That's a phony chart. It purposely excludes cost of living factors that contribute to the real inflation that people are facing and dealing with in a real life situation day by day.

It may be good for the core unit evaluations I'm not sure really..... Basically it's the government's opinion of what the dollar is worth as opposed to the average wage earner's opinion of what the dollar is worth.

The government is telling you the dollar is healthy, the grocery store is telling you the dollar is not.

Increasing tariffs didn't help.
And? I’d argue that while increasing tariffs can have an impact on prices, they can also help in competition when compared to egregious regulation. Over regulation gives a competitive advantage to countries despite the tariffs the are imposed.

And? I’d argue that while increasing tariffs can have an impact on prices, they can also help in competition when compared to egregious regulation. Over regulation gives a competitive advantage to countries despite the tariffs the are imposed.
Foreign investors were encouraged by higher-than-anticipated GDP growth in 2023, which was attributed to strong consumer and government expenditure, and robust export levels.Apr 4, 2024

U.S. Remains World's Top Destination for Foreign Direct ...​

That's a phony chart. It purposely excludes cost of living factors that contribute to the real inflation that people are facing and dealing with in a real life situation day by day.

It may be good for the core unit evaluations I'm not sure really..... Basically it's the government's opinion of what the dollar is worth as opposed to the average wage earner's opinion of what the dollar is worth.

The government is telling you the dollar is healthy, the grocery store is telling you the dollar is not.
Food prices also spiked in April 2020. Crop prices fell since June 2022, Corn, Wheat & Soybean prices are now at a 12 year low!!! Yet food processors & retailors are still price gouging. Retail food prices have peaked & are now going down.
Corn Price.png

Last edited:
Food prices also spiked in April 2020. Crop prices fell since June 2022, Corn, Wheat & Soybean prices are now at a 12 year low!!! Yet food processors & retailors are still price gouging. Food prices have peaked & are now going down.

Well I certainly hope you're right. It would be a welcome relief for a tortured middle class at this point. I don't see any real evidence of price gouging... Every time I look at the business stats retail grocery runs on a very thin margin. So thin in fact that hundreds of grocery store locations are now closing Nationwide. What we need to do is go back to cheaper energy. But right now we seem to be consumed with the idea that only expensive energy will do.

How is she going to do this? Seems her top priority is to go after corporations for “gauging”. What a crock of shit. If regulations on corporations were lowered and energy policies relaxed, and prices were still high, THEN you could explore going after corporations for gauging.

The reality is that Kamala Harris is even more Left than Joe Biden and will not back off heavy regulations and restrictive domestic energy policies - which, if anyone knows anything about economics, heavy regulation from the government results in high prices.

Her plan is to backhandedly create a "company store" and truly the Republicans want to do the same thing....it's just not obvious.

I'm sure at this point you have heard of the "big 7" who own most of the stock market. (Blackrock, Fidelity and etc)

Ok....here's how it works.

Farm Credit gives loans to those who wish to engage in agricultural businesses. (Non-traditional loans)
These loans go to Tyson, Monsanto, and ConAgra as well as independent farmers for their farms or endeavors through traditional banks.

So....
They control who grows the food and how and where it's processed. This reaches also into fertilizer, pesticides, and feed mills.
This also requires Real Estate and the banking industry. Which also is the packaging and petroleum products, steel and transportation industries.

So literally, the average guys works at a job owned/controlled by the Big 7 borrows their money for a house through their real estate brokerage and buys their food in their store so he can commute to his job using a vehicle purchased from them using petroleum they sold him. Just so he can enjoy television watching programs they produced during his down time.
All the while he feels free and is sold a lie that he is free.

Well I certainly hope you're right. It would be a welcome relief for a tortured middle class at this point. I don't see any real evidence of price gouging... Every time I look at the business stats retail grocery runs on a very thin margin. So thin in fact that hundreds of grocery store locations are now closing Nationwide. What we need to do is go back to cheaper energy. But right now we seem to be consumed with the idea that only expensive energy will do.
Cargill stock has been soaring since crop prices fell in 2022. Cargill stock is at a new all time high, rated at a strong buy & owns 25% of the food processing supply chain.
Cargills stock.png

So they manage their business well. How does this prove that they are price gouging? Do we know what the labor costs are and what the average wage is paid across the company?
Those would be important inputs before deciding.

As long as both parties continue creating new debt then printing fiat money to “pay” down those debts, then the value of the dollar will continue to drop and have reduced buying power. That's inflation in a nutshell, and almost every politician in D.C. is guilty of this irresponsible use of America's purse.
How many of them have the guts to say NO to the world`s largest welfare program aka, the Pentagon. Occasionally, we`ll beat up some little country that can`t defend itself and they`ll retaliate by flying airliners into our skyscrapers.

As long as both parties continue creating new debt then printing fiat money to “pay” down those debts, then the value of the dollar will continue to drop and have reduced buying power. That's inflation in a nutshell, and almost every politician in D.C. is guilty of this irresponsible use of America's purse.
Yup

Forum List

Back