James Hansen Wishes he Wasn’t So Right about Global Warming

So climate changed before CO2 changed. Brilliant. That's my point. CO2 did not drive climate change.
Even you admit that adding CO2 to the atmosphere produces warming. Claiming that it does cause warming and then that it doesn't, doesn't make you look particularly rational.

Even you admit that adding CO2 to the atmosphere produces warming. Claiming that it does cause warming and then that it doesn't, doesn't make you look particularly rational.
1C of incremental theoretical surface temperature per doubling of CO2. Yes, I agree with that.

Warming?

Maybe

Doomsday?

No
That is exactly my point. The majority of the observed warming is from natural causes. Specifically the deglaciation of the northern hemisphere.

When heat is circulated from the Atlantic to the Arctic the northern hemisphere deglaciates and the planet warms.

When heat is not being circulated from the Atlantic to the Arctic the northern hemisphere glaciates and the planet cools.

That is exactly my point. The majority of the observed warming is from natural causes. Specifically the deglaciation of the northern hemisphere.
The majority opinion is that the primary cause of the warming is human CO2 emissions. (1) What natural cause do you believe would increase atmospheric IR backscatter and decrease IR escaping to space - as directly observed by instruments on the ground and in orbit?
When heat is circulated from the Atlantic to the Arctic the northern hemisphere deglaciates and the planet warms.
(2)Doesn't that process also cool the equatorial zone? (3)Does that cool the planet? (4)And how does either process alter the flux of energy escaping to space?
When heat is not being circulated from the Atlantic to the Arctic the northern hemisphere glaciates and the planet cools.
(5)Doesn't THAT process cause the equatorial region to heat up? (6)Does that warm the planet? (7)And how does either process alter the flux of energy escaping to space?

And, hey, if you're not going to answer any of those questions, just tell me so I don't have to waste my time dealing with your bullshit.

Forum List

Back