Men, a question about ties~

A well dressed man always wears a tie.

325405~Nude-Man-with-Tie-On-Posters.jpg

I wear a suit and tie when I travel on business, and on the rare occasion when its needed in the office.

My boss wear's a bow tie. He's a pretty sharp dresser, I must say. But he is over 50.

How often do you wear them?

Do you ever wear bow ties?

Do you have to wear a tie to work every day, of just sometimes, or never.

Last, do you ever wear them to go 'out on the town?'

Just to be nice, I'll get the tread back on track ... since derailment was partly my fault ...

Anyway, y'all men should wear a tie every so often. They're utterly sexy and make women all hot n bothered if you do it right. You don't have to do the whole suit thing. Not even dress slacks necessarily. A good-fitting pair of Levis, collared shirt unbuttoned at the top, sleeves rolled a bit, tie on but loosened ... :eusa_drool:

*sigh*

It's in your best interest. Seriously.

But I think bow ties only work for tuxes, Harrison Ford and Bill Nye the Science Guy. Bill's not exactly sexy but he is smart and funny. Chicks dig on that.

I have a good many neck ties because when the wife keeps me very well dressed... I used to have to wear a tie all the time because of my business but after I retired I mainly only wear a tie when we go out someplace really special, to the theater, weddings, funerals, church, etc. I have a black suit, a blue suit, a grey suit and several sport coats. My wife is good at matching ties with my shirts so when she makes me dress up to go out socially, I always look pretty nice. I do not have any bowties. The only time I ever wear a bow tie is on the extremely rare times I have had to rent a tux. Aside from all of this, I am lucky enough to wear jeans and a t-shirt or jeans and a flannel shirt or jeans and a sweat shirt about 98% of the time.

All you single guys need to invest in two good suits and have them fitted and tailored at a good mens clothier, one for summer and one for winter. Wear them when you go out and I guarantee you'll get hit on fairly frequently, that is if you're not a complete dog.
Even now when I go out in a suit I still get hit on, sometimes with my wife sitting right next to me. She just smiles, squeezes my hand and goes back to what she was doing. :lol:

All you single guys need to invest in two good suits and have them fitted and tailored at a good mens clothier, one for summer and one for winter. Wear them when you go out and I guarantee you'll get hit on fairly frequently, that is if you're not a complete dog.
Even now when I go out in a suit I still get hit on, sometimes with my wife sitting right next to me. She just smiles, squeezes my hand and goes back to what she was doing. :lol:

Hitting on the guy on the other side of her in a suit? :lol:

I wear a suit and tie to school board meetings, other than that funerals, and of course weddings. Plus the occasional special occasion at church.

Bow tie? NEVER

I love ties!

Wait. Can I answer this even though I'm not a guy?

Seriously, I wish more men would wear ties more often. I love the professional, dressed-up look. When I'm watching the news or the NFL pre-game/halftime report, I'm checking out the ties the guys are wearing and will make comments accordingly. Anyone notice the W I D E ties some of the guys are wearing these days? What's up with that?

I like the skinny ties of the 1960's. They were cool.

The boy had his senior pictures taken, suit jacket and tie required. He picked out a very cool red Jerry Garcia tie from Kohl's. Groovy.

I like the skinny ties of the 1960's. They were cool.

The boy had his senior pictures taken, suit jacket and tie required. He picked out a very cool red Jerry Garcia tie from Kohl's. Groovy.
I was just checking out those Jerry Garcia ties last week! In Kohls!
I begged and pleaded with my son to wear a tie and jacket for his senior potraits, but he wouldn't give in. None of his other friends were wearing ties. ( roll eyes ) I wish our HS made it mandatory for the boys to dress up but nooooooooooo!

He had a reception to attend at the HS last weekend, so off we went for a new shirt and tie! I love the men's department.

I had to meet this guy on the other side of Houston: He described where he was and the only place nearby we both knew about was a Barney's Pool Hall (infamous in Houston for biker brawls, vomit stained tables, and scantilly clad, tatted, pierced waitresses).

Anyway, I had to dress in a coat and tie, and felt a little self concious going into Barney's to meet. However, I'd never received so much attention from the waitstaff. In fact, a little catfight broke out when a couple of the waitresses couldn't decide whose wait section I was sitting in.

I wouldn't be caught dead or alive in a tie, any kind of a tie.

My son has instructions to bury me in blue jeans, a Harley T-shirt and my leather jacket. Same thing I've worn for practically the last thirty years, and will the rest of my life, however long that may be.

Forum List

Back