Judges and Unions

Utility Workers Union of America- Brotherhood of Utility Workers. I’m part of a six local group which negotiates together with the. Company that employs us. We negotiate as one unit even though we’re six separate locals. It’s been this way for about 60 years now without any significant labor issues. Only one small walkout back in the mid 1990s, which lasted less than 48 hours. I’ve been officially or unofficially the Steward for my department since it was created in 2009.

I am both a fiscal and social Conservative. Always have been and always will be.

I, actually I’m in a pretty good union. One which understands that nobody wins when the workers aren’t working. I work for a large gas & electric utility company in Bee England; on the electric side of the house in a support role for Design, Operations and Distribution Control Center groups.

In the late 1960s and early 1970s, the six electric union locals (all UWUA) that were associated with this company banded together to create what we call the BUW (Brotherhood of Utility Workers) to negotiate with the company as one unit, to ensure that workers across the entire geographical area were treated equally by the company. They also realized that they only made out better when the company made out better, and that nobody ever wins when the workers aren’t working. There was one strike in the early 1980s and a 48 hour lockout in the late 1990s. Other than that there have been no work stoppages in our bargaining unit… because the union and the company work together rather than fighting over scraps.
Are you in England? You have to understand a English Conservative is no where near as weird as an American conservative.

You guys don't deny global warming is real. You aren't gun nuts and you don't think England should do away with your socialized medicine.

I'd be a lot more open to companies being able to fire whoever they want whenever they want if that person had healthcare while they were unemployed.

I'm just saying if someone in the class has two dads, don't make a big deal out of it. Don't make fun of that kid because then your kids going to do it.
How/why would the parents of one student even know that another student has two monies or two daddies? Thats not something that should be discussed in a classroom.

Are you in England? You have to understand a English Conservative is no where near as weird as an American conservative.

You guys don't deny global warming is real. You aren't gun nuts and you don't think England should do away with your socialized medicine.

I'd be a lot more open to companies being able to fire whoever they want whenever they want if that person had healthcare while they were unemployed.

LOL

This is who's calling conservatives weird:

1723832331354.png

How/why would the parents of one student even know that another student has two monies or two daddies? Thats not something that should be discussed in a classroom.
They drop them off at school or show up to the play. Or invite everyone over for their kids birthday party.

No. I’m in Central/Western Massachusetts. I’ve lived in New England (CT, RI & MA) my entire life.

Why should a company be willing to hang onto an employee who can’t or doesn’t do their work simply because they’ve been there for 20+ years?

In my department, while I was Union Steward we had just such a situation. A guy with 5 years left to retirement who felt he could just coast. Refused to do any more work than absolutely necessary. When the company told him he had to come up to the department average workload he gave up 25% of his pension to leave 4 years early rather than do anything more than he felt was necessary.

These are the two reasons you should be voting for Kamala if you are middle class or socially liberal. We all know what kind of judges Bush and Trump appoint. Heritage Foundation Judges. Project 2025. Clarence Thomas taking money from billionaires. Religious nuts like Alito. And their wives are even worse! Vergogna! Look it up.

But this is proof Trump is not for the middle class. Because he doesn't understand how important unions are to having a strong middle class. America was great when 35% of our work force was unionized. Today it's 5% and how we doing? But unions fought back and won big last year for the workers. Of course Stellantis laid a bunch of people off but the people who are working are making enough to support their families. We can not be deterred.

And based on Trump's interview with Musk, he was praising Musk for breaking the law when he fired workers for going on strike.

You may not be in a union but unions are more important than you think to how much you make. So support unions. Now Republicans will tell you that those uneducated blue collar workers aren't worth that much. The same workers they're saying they want to help. Suddenly Republicans are pretending to care about blue collar workers wages.

Unions had a place a long time ago, now they promote laziness.

Palestinians do not exist
The land was Palestine for 2000 years, since at least the second century CE. The so-called Palestinians are the people who converted to Christianity and Islam from Judaism, centuries ago. They're the indigenous population of the Levant or the region of the Middle East where the Holy Land/Palestine is located. The idea that 600 thousand European Jews can arrive and take the land away from 1.2 million Palestinians, is let's just say, irresponsible. It's untenable. Even the 54% of the land that the UN gave the Jews, had over 700 thousand Arabs. Can you imagine that? How can you establish a Jewish state, when the majority of your population isn't Jewish? This is the insanity of Zionism.

The US needs to stop arming these people.

Forum List

Back