UAW hits Trump and Musk with federal labor charges over union-busting comment

trump is so desperate to garner Musk's support that he is acknowledging illegal acts in public. He is boasting about Musk firing workers who threaten to strike. But that will not stop trump from kissing the ring of Elon. Well, he will be investigated. Can you imagine...? Two billionaires sitting around bragging about firing workers? trump is killing his campaign.

“I won’t mention the name of the company, but they go on strike and you say, ‘That’s OK, you’re all gone. You’re all gone. So, every one of you is gone,’” Trump said.

Trump was referring to the 2022 gutting of Twitter staff after Musk took over the social media business and renamed it X.

It is illegal to fire workers who threaten to strike, because the right to strike is protected under federal labor law.

“When we say Donald Trump is a scab, this is what we mean,” UAW President Shawn Fain said Tuesday in a statement on the new charges. “When we say Trump stands against everything our union stands for, this is what we mean.”
What did either do wrong? Who did they fire?

When employers have a problem with their workers unionized they should simply ask themselves why they didn't move the company overseas, including rescinding citizenship.

trump is so desperate to garner Musk's support that he is acknowledging illegal acts in public. He is boasting about Musk firing workers who threaten to strike. But that will not stop trump from kissing the ring of Elon. Well, he will be investigated. Can you imagine...? Two billionaires sitting around bragging about firing workers? trump is killing his campaign.

“I won’t mention the name of the company, but they go on strike and you say, ‘That’s OK, you’re all gone. You’re all gone. So, every one of you is gone,’” Trump said.

Trump was referring to the 2022 gutting of Twitter staff after Musk took over the social media business and renamed it X.

It is illegal to fire workers who threaten to strike, because the right to strike is protected under federal labor law.

“When we say Donald Trump is a scab, this is what we mean,” UAW President Shawn Fain said Tuesday in a statement on the new charges. “When we say Trump stands against everything our union stands for, this is what we mean.”
Charging someone for having a conversation?

LOL get bent you fucking commies.

That might be the case Harry but they are the only protection that the workers have. Thats why musk and the amazon fucker want rid of them.
Thats what mussk was pushing when he spoke to trump.
Poor Bonespurs Trump has to suck ass on a dirtbag like Musk for campaign cash. They make a good pair.

Then there is really less cause for UAW's outrage.

At least Tesla is an auto company, within UAW's "jurisdiction" as they say. Twitter/X is a tech company outside of the UAW's realm of concern.

What a waste of UAW members' dues.
You are missing the point. The comments by the two billionaires has nothing to do with Tesla or X. It does have something to do with illegal labor practices.

As a Union member myself I have to say that the ridiculous, asinine and ludicrous shit that many of these Unions try to demand is just as heinous as what certain companies do.

My employer and my Union have had 50 years of relative labor stability because we work WITH each other rather than against each other.
I am a union member myself, and I agree with you. We had a paper mill in town where you could train a chimp to do the work in 4 hours. The union kept demanding more, and the mill told then they couldn't afford it. The union struck anyhow. The mill closed and the site has been razed. They got greedy and they paid for it.

You are missing the point. The comments by the two billionaires has nothing to do with Tesla or X. It does have something to do with illegal labor practices.

Its not illegal for a couple of guys to stand around and chat about labor practices that one of them is dealing in. Freedom of association and freedom of speech.

They admitted they were. trump's mouth is his greatest enemy. And Musk is just plain stupid. I hope the feds investigate.

Musk and Trump chatting about anything isn't illegal- we still have freedom of speech in this country. Or at least are supposed to. When a radical government demands that a couple of guys be literally crucified for chopping it up, because they are "offended" by it, it shows how extreme libs are.

And...it....is....a....private and protected conversation Herr jimboliar.

Why would they be opposed to unions? Makes no sense.

Actually, Elon and Donald weren't talking about unions, they were talking about workers going on strike, guys at Twitter X who weren't dues paying members of any union, much less the UAW.

Forum List

Back