Majority Of Workers At Alabama Mercedes Plant Sign Union Cards In Major Breakthrough For UAW

I don't see it that way, because new enterprises are arising all of the time. It shouldn't be too much of a burden for a go-getter to find staff to manufacture or distribute new ground breaking products or services. A lot of guys might say "the heck with it" and just continue with the status quo.

Labor unions go for the status quo. They chisel "union work rules" into granite, making technology changes a lot more burdensome. Not only that, they reward longevity, christened as "seniority lists" to encourage people to stay with their employer forever often in dead end jobs. This is a discouragement to individual innovation.
Nobody forces a worker to stay in a job. Heck I'm fully against having to give 2 weeks notice to an employer as it's an infringement of my rights.

Nobody forces a worker to stay in a job. Heck I'm fully against having to give 2 weeks notice to an employer as it's an infringement of my rights.

Sure, no one "forces" anyone to stay in a job, but the labor unions establish work rules and seniority lists to strongly encourage people to stay and continue to pay dues.

As far as not giving notice, no one is forced to, but your next employer may not want to hire you if he knows you screwed over the last boss.

Sure, no one "forces" anyone to stay in a job, but the labor unions establish work rules and seniority lists to strongly encourage people to stay and continue to pay dues.

As far as not giving notice, no one is forced to, but your next employer may not want to hire you if he knows you screwed over the last boss.
Why does an employer owe a former boss anything? Seems illegal.

Mercedes will move out if aggravated enough. Anyway, at some point China will enter the automobile market, learn quality controls and have the potential for domination. For the peasants.

Chinese cars have been 5 years away since 2006.

The vast majority of Americans are Scabs, something like 94% of us.

Unionism peaked in 1953 and has been on the decline since, its more of a Sicilian thing than an American one.

"Aristocrats" are rulers, not people who are wealthy and own places of employment. The "aristocrats" in America are Biden and his cadres, who BTW, are pro-union.
Except for knifing the railroad workers in the back.

You can stand for the average working man or for the aristocracy. You've obviously made your choice. Unions are the american way.

Yup. Or, like Stelantis, you can fire thousands of workers after the union "wins" their strike victory.

(1) Employers are human beings.

(2) Employees are human beings.

(3) Human beings understand only one thing: pressure.

(4) Therefore, all jobs should be represented by unions.

(5) Yes, some unions are/become corrupt, but that's the price one has to pay for putting pressure on employers.

(5) Yes, some unions are/become corrupt, but that's the price one has to pay for putting pressure on employers.
The ultimate pressure on a company is simply not working for them.

No union needed. The company either raises their pay to an acceptable level, or they go out of business.

So much more simple.

Until the elite import MILLIONS of illegal aliens to keep the wages low.

I am reading Mercedes quality is not that great. I will never purchase on anyway. There are people who say even if your purchase a Hyandai/Kia that there may be better quality if it is made in South Korea as compared to the United States.

The fact that the UAW goombas were able to muscle enough workers to sign union cards is just one step.

The problem the UAW has had in the past is getting people to vote for them in a secret ballot, where they don't have to worry about getting whacked for saying no to the la cosa nostra.
You've watched too many movies, shithead.

The ultimate pressure on a company is simply not working for them.

No union needed. The company either raises their pay to an acceptable level, or they go out of business.

So much more simple.

Until the elite import MILLIONS of illegal aliens to keep the wages low.
You dumb fuck a company can exist longer than a person can go without food you fucking idiot.

You've watched too many movies, shithead.

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the deaths of others who got on the wrong side of Big Labor like Joseph Yablonski and Jimmy Hoffa? Or the rent-a-cops who were shot in their boats in 1892 Homestead PA who were just reporting to duty to protect a plant that was on strike.

You dumb fuck a company can exist longer than a person can go without food you fucking idiot.

Simmer down, jackass. On an individual basis you are correct. I'm talking about ALL the workers, moron.

If ALL the workers quit, the company produces NOTHING.

How long do you think a company can exist that produces nothing?

Simmer down, jackass. On an individual basis you are correct. I'm talking about ALL the workers, moron.

If ALL the workers quit, the company produces NOTHING.

How long do you think a company can exist that produces nothing?

If all of the workers quit, the employer still has the alternative of hiring new staff. Just like when individual workers quit, or get fired.

If all of the workers quit, the employer still has the alternative of hiring new staff. Just like when individual workers quit, or get fired.

Not if they choose to not work for crap wages.

If NO ONE will work for them, they fail.

That's one of the reasons you see the elite importing illegals, they WILL work for crap wages, because that is all they have ever known.

Yup. Or, like Stelantis, you can fire thousands of workers after the union "wins" their strike victory.

Like Hostess.

So...you want to force EVERYONE to pay protection money? Fuck you.

I am reading Mercedes quality is not that great. I will never purchase on anyway. There are people who say even if your purchase a Hyandai/Kia that there may be better quality if it is made in South Korea as compared to the United States.
Isn't there a big lawsuit against Hyundai/Kia?

A serious milestone was reached Tuesday when a majority of workers at a Mercedes-Benz plant in Vance, Alabama, signed union cards. It was the result of a recently launched organizing drive by the United Auto Workers in nonunion plants, particularly in the South.

In November, fresh after winning a historic contract victory following a strike against the Big Three automakers, UAW President Shawn Fain announced that the union would launch one of the largest organizing drives in its history, targeting nonunion U.S. plants owned by large foreign automakers as well as Elon Musk’s Tesla electric vehicle manufacturer.

And the plan rolls along.
Better a breakthrough than break legs, those workers must have figured.

Forum List

Back