men's necklaces--why wear them?

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
why do men wear necklaces??
021718%20Braves%20photos%20CC11.jpg

upload_2018-6-30_19-20-34.jpeg

seems very childish/youngsterish.......

I think a man with a necklace seems as attractive as a woman with a beard.
I was ''taught''/raised not to idolize/honor/etc material things
I can see women wearing them and earrings--but not men

Mr. T gave up wearing almost all of his gold in 2005 while helping with the cleanup effort after Katrina.

sure, that's fine if they wear ''jewelry'' ....but isn't that for females??
also, don't they want to ''stand out''--'''look at me'''.......etc.....??

I just do watches.
have watches gone out of style --somewhat...with the phones /PCs/etc having the time on them....? I used wear a watch a lot.....but not much anymore

Yeah. Pretty much. And there sure is a great discussion that could be had about that. Albeit purely philosophical and just liesurely.

It's pretty much its own niche now. I'm on a couple of the big watch forums where everyone wears a different watch every day. lol.

You should get another one. Watches are great.

I'm wearing this one right now. It landed on the moon on the Apollo 15 mission. EVA-3.

BULOVA_MOON_WATCH_5.jpg

I wear a necklace, just in case.

0003230_army-style-dog-tags.jpeg

I've worn my dog tags every moment of the last 60 years of my life (yes, I'm a geezer). The ones I wear have an off-center notch which many people believe was used to place one of the two dead soldier's tags between his teeth. This is nothing more than a myth.

When a soldier died, one dog tag remained with his body, the other was collected by graves registration. The information on the dog tags was imprinted on paper. Without the notch the dog tag could be inserted into the imprinting device upside down or backwards. With the notch, The imprinted dog tag will only fit into the device one way and fully seat into the proper position. The dog tag reader (the Addressograph Model 70) utilized the notch in the WWII, Korean and Viet Nam dog tags to properly orient and locate the tag for the imprinted transfer of information.

Last edited:
I had no idea that some people considered necklaces only appropriate for women.

What other forms of jewelry are female-only? :popcorn:
Earrings.

Dog tags excused of course. Wearing them as a civilian tho? That seems off to me but I never served so my opinion is not based on experience.

Forum List

Back