men's necklaces--why wear them?

I wear a necklace, just in case.

0003230_army-style-dog-tags.jpeg

Hey those look fake. Where are your keys?

And anyone that never wore a puka shell necklace doesn't know what it's like to be a cool teen dude.

images

Last edited:
jewelry on men simply shows their jobs in a way and their wealth in another way......trade's men rarely wear rings....due to them getting caught in stuff....i wear leather gloves when i work due to wearing a ring....
i dont think gold looks bad on men or women .....hubby wears nothing ..not even a wedding ring

jewelry on men simply shows their jobs in a way and their wealth in another way......trade's men rarely wear rings....due to them getting caught in stuff....i wear leather gloves when i work due to wearing a ring....
i dont think gold looks bad on men or women .....hubby wears nothing ..not even a wedding ring
I never take off my wedding ring

Jewelry is a way the ladies get their man to part with large sums of money on useless crap as a way to prove their love and devotion.

I guess the pewter stuff I used to wear could be said to have shown my lack of a job or wealth. :p

biker-hand.jpg

I've got a ring that looks just like that grim reaper on his pinky. ;)

Jewelry should be banned in all sports as a safety hazard. Kids copy earing joe.
that's what I was thinking when I saw the MLB player with the necklaces
and I thought some sports player's necklaces broke as he was playing??
A Baseball Player's Necklace Broke, Scattering Diamonds on the Field, While He Was Running the Bases
Yoenis Cespedes of the Mets wears an expensive necklace when he plays, and yesterday it broke as he was sliding into second base, scattering diamonds on the field
that's just plain stupid---sorry to say it--but it's true

Jewelry should be banned in all sports as a safety hazard. Kids copy earing joe.
that's what I was thinking when I saw the MLB player with the necklaces
and I thought some sports player's necklaces broke as he was playing??
A Baseball Player's Necklace Broke, Scattering Diamonds on the Field, While He Was Running the Bases
Yoenis Cespedes of the Mets wears an expensive necklace when he plays, and yesterday it broke as he was sliding into second base, scattering diamonds on the field
that's just plain stupid---sorry to say it--but it's true

I agree that it isn't a good idea to wear expensive jewelry while playing sports. It may be very uncommon, but the possibility of something like that happening doesn't seem worth it to me.

Of course, with the salaries some of the pro players make, they probably don't care much about the loss of a diamond necklace. :dunno:

I just do watches.
I always carry an ABC watch in my pocket. The barometer is great for weather forecasting, which is important in the concrete business.

The only jewelry I ever wear is a gold wedding band, except for when I'm working because it will get bent, scratched, broken or whatever.

Casio makes a nice rugged watch with a barometer on it. I think their Mud Master model.

Last edited:
I just do watches.
I always carry an ABC watch in my pocket. The barometer is great for weather forecasting, which is important in the concrete business.

The only jewelry I ever wear is a gold wedding band, except for when I'm working because it will get bent, scratched, broken or whatever.

Casio makes a nice rugged watch with a barometer on it. I think their Mud /master model.
this?
header_bg.jpg

I notice a lot of police and military wear those. From the ones I've talked with, they say because they're so rugged.

why do men wear necklaces??
021718%20Braves%20photos%20CC11.jpg

View attachment 202061
seems very childish/youngsterish.......

Why not wear them? I once read a biography of Rudolph Valentino. Men made fun of him for wearing a wristwatch because it was a "bracelet" and "real men" had pocket watches. But Valentino had a hugely successful sex life and thousands of women crowed the streets weeping when he died too young. Why are some men so foolish? Styles come and go. I personally have a male relative who won't wear a turtleneck sweater. It's hilarious. A good-looking guy in a black turtleneck is almost irresistible. Some of us are old enough to remember Ilya Kuryakin,the sexy "Russian.". Why are some males so insecure? Yet these guys will grow those bushy things on their faces and cover themselves with tattoos.

Go figure.

Forum List

Back