🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mercy killing?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
My first thought. Mom's 'gone' from Als or other old age neurological condition. Son kills her, can't or doesn't wanna spend rest of his life with that memory so kills himself.

Police: Mother, son killed in murder-suicide at assisted living facility in Voorhees, New Jersey

"VOORHEES, N.J. (WPVI) --
Authorities are investigating a shooting that left a mother and son dead at a Camden County assisted living facility Sunday night.

It was just before 6 p.m. when police responded to a report of a shooting at Genesis HealthCare's Voorhees Center on the 3000 block of Evesham Road in Voorhees.

Police say two people are confirmed dead.

Police say at around 4:30 p.m. a man in his 60s came to visit his mother, who is in her 80s.

The two ate dinner together at the cafeteria within the facility and then the man took his mom back to her room.

Later the man went to his car and then returned to the room and shot and killed his mother and then turned the gun on himself, police said.

After the first gunshot, a nursing aide ran toward the room and witnessed the man shoot himself.

There were no other injuries."

My first thought. Mom's 'gone' from Als or other old age neurological condition. Son kills her, can't or doesn't wanna spend rest of his life with that memory so kills himself.

Police: Mother, son killed in murder-suicide at assisted living facility in Voorhees, New Jersey

Authorities are investigating a shooting that left a mother and son dead at a Camden County assisted living facility Sunday night.

It was just before 6 p.m. when police responded to a report of a shooting at Genesis HealthCare's Voorhees Center on the 3000 block of Evesham Road in Voorhees.

Police say at around 4:30 p.m. a man in his 60s came to visit his mother, who is in her 80s.

The two ate dinner together at the cafeteria within the facility and then the man took his mom back to her room.

Later the man went to his car and then returned to the room and shot and killed his mother and then turned the gun on himself, police said.

After the first gunshot, a nursing aide ran toward the room and witnessed the man shoot himself.

What a testimony of a son's love for his mother. I know a young man who tried to kill his bedridden mother right after learning his father had died. He didn't want to have the responsibility of his invalid mother because "he was just getting his successful life going". A son that doesn't love his mother doesn't deserve to live.

Maybe. I can't imagine the pain and difficulty of seeing ones mother go through hell. I'm fortunate that mine is relatively young and healthy ...but I pray for the future.

It's not a mercy killing. Under the law, a son is responsible for his mother until the day she dies.

My father and uncle had this problem. But they are Catholic, and know that mercy killing is the same as murder.

What a testimony of a son's love for his mother. I know a young man who tried to kill his bedridden mother right after learning his father had died. He didn't want to have the responsibility of his invalid mother because "he was just getting his successful life going". A son that doesn't love his mother doesn't deserve to live.
Stop! You don't have any facts on how and why this happened. :cuckoo:

"he was just getting his successful life going" - how old was this guy? :eek:

Late twenties. Graduated with three degrees, landed a great job after college, hooked up with a girlfriend, had it all going on for himself. You are incorrect, I do know about this particular case.

Late twenties. Graduated with three degrees, landed a great job after college, hooked up with a girlfriend, had it all going on for himself. You are incorrect, I do know about this particular case.
First, Dante never said A son that doesn't love his mother doesn't deserve to live.

Having taken on a responsibility for an invalid mother or anyone else is an awesome responsibility. Reasons for mercy killings would not involve selfishness on the part of a caregiver/caretaker

interesting.that wouldn't be my thought at all.

First, Dante never said A son that doesn't love his mother doesn't deserve to live.

Having taken on a responsibility for an invalid mother or anyone else is an awesome responsibility. Reasons for mercy killings would not involve selfishness on the part of a caregiver/caretaker

It would be an awesome responsibility for someone who had no feelings for the afflicted, but the person in the OP was getting care in their facility, the responsibility wasn't the son's. I suspect he couldn't emotionally handle watching the suffering because he cared so much. That's the difference.

It would be an awesome responsibility for someone who had no feelings for the afflicted, but the person in the OP was getting care in their facility, the responsibility wasn't the son's. I suspect he couldn't emotionally handle watching the suffering because he cared so much. That's the difference.
Nice. Dante couldn't care less you suspect. Dante was addressing what was factual and informative within the OP. Trying to separate out facts from silly opinions

Forum List

Back