🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mercy killing?

Sad story alert:
My neighbor of 18 years killed his son who had just gone through cancer treatment at the age of 21
Newspapers didn't know a thing and called it a mercy killing.

I found the bodies and it was not a mercy killing at all.
The husband was getting back at his wife who had just left him months before.
The boy was cancer free at the time of his death.

The family was very wealthy, and looked perfect on the outside ~
the dad was a mentally ill control freak and lost it when his wife left him
ID channel made a movie type thing about it.

Very sad for the mother, and boy the father achieved in ruining his families life .

It's a murder and suicide. Why would the low information left include the word "mercy" when they don't even have all the information?

Sad story alert:
My neighbor of 18 years killed his son who had just gone through cancer treatment at the age of 21
Newspapers didn't know a thing and called it a mercy killing.

I found the bodies and it was not a mercy killing at all.
The husband was getting back at his wife who had just left him months before.
The boy was cancer free at the time of his death.

The family was very wealthy, and looked perfect on the outside ~
the dad was a mentally ill control freak and lost it when his wife left him
ID channel made a movie type thing about it.

Very sad for the mother, and boy the father achieved in ruining his families life .
thank you

and my sympathies

It's not a mercy killing. Under the law, a son is responsible for his mother until the day she dies.

My father and uncle had this problem. But they are Catholic, and know that mercy killing is the same as murder.

Mercy killings aren't legal dumbass. Of course it's still murder.

Maybe. I can't imagine the pain and difficulty of seeing ones mother go through hell. I'm fortunate that mine is relatively young and healthy ...but I pray for the future.

i am there..my mom has been in assisted living for 5 years plus now....i am lucky to have the finances to deal with her....i could not imagine having her living with me...he may have been running out of money and realized this was the only option he could see at the time...i wish daily my mother would pass and be freed from this burden of her mind that no longer works....but would i do anything to kill her....no....i wont even remove the medications as her living will directs...she is no longer my mother but the smelly little alien i have now....seems to like life as she knows it....my mothers wishes passed when my mothers mind left her...simple as that....i know in my heart....she would be really pissed that i am not doing shit to kill her...like withhold meds....but i just dont have the heart.....getting a dnr order was hard enough on me...

It's not a mercy killing. Under the law, a son is responsible for his mother until the day she dies.

My father and uncle had this problem. But they are Catholic, and know that mercy killing is the same as murder.

Mercy killings aren't legal dumbass. Of course it's still murder.

In the eyes of the Catholic faith it is considered murder.

What a testimony of a son's love for his mother. I know a young man who tried to kill his bedridden mother right after learning his father had died. He didn't want to have the responsibility of his invalid mother because "he was just getting his successful life going". A son that doesn't love his mother doesn't deserve to live.
Stop! You don't have any facts on how and why this happened. :cuckoo:

"he was just getting his successful life going" - how old was this guy? :eek:

Late twenties. Graduated with three degrees, landed a great job after college, hooked up with a girlfriend, had it all going on for himself. You are incorrect, I do know about this particular case.
First, Dante never said A son that doesn't love his mother doesn't deserve to live.

Having taken on a responsibility for an invalid mother or anyone else is an awesome responsibility. Reasons for mercy killings would not involve selfishness on the part of a caregiver/caretaker

It would be an awesome responsibility for someone who had no feelings for the afflicted, but the person in the OP was getting care in their facility, the responsibility wasn't the son's. I suspect he couldn't emotionally handle watching the suffering because he cared so much. That's the difference.
Nice. Dante couldn't care less you suspect. Dante was addressing what was factual and informative within the OP. Trying to separate out facts from silly opinions

Look, Dante, you're an ass, not only in this thread but many others you've posted in any number of topics. It are insulting and obnoxious.

It is difficult to watch a loved one suffer. Anyone who isn't tremendously affected is without emotion. I know from experience as my late father-in-law was in the same situation as the OP's thread describes with Alzheimer's. When he'd completely lost all cognitive function and had to go to a nursing home, my husband, his dear son, visited as couple times and it was so painful he decided that wasn't really his dad any longer and chose not to return as his dad didn't even know who he was. Watching a loved one go through that process is unimaginably difficult, but my husband didn't try to kill his father. How dare you try and tell me what I do and don't know about. You are clueless about me and what I've experienced. You are an offensive fool, plain and simple. You troller!

Forum List

Back