Merry Rama-dung

Roudy

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2012
WTF is going on here?! Record number of embassies get closed worldwide due to terror threats by Muslims. This just shows how truly peaceful Islam is that this is happening at the conclusion of what is supposed to be a peaceful month of "worship" for Muslims.

What is it about Islam that makes Muslims want to spill MORE blood at the conclusion of such a holy month?

FYI this lust for blood increases every Ramadan, going back to the prophet's time when Mohammad raided and looted caravans and in many cases killed and even raped its travelers.

Last edited:
Not all Muslims are murderous.

Being Muslim doesn't mean you're going to go out and kill people.

You know every religion has its extremists.

How do you know this whole thing wasn't cooked up by obama ?

That's certainly a possibility ..... one never knows with this Administration.... may be Obama is doing this just to show how useful all the snooping is.

Somehow the "extremists" in other religions as you call it (although there is no such thing as an extremist Muslim in my opinion) aren't going around killing, terrorizing, chopping people's heads / hands, stoning adulterers, hanging gays, executing those who convert out of Islam, etc. in the name of their religions.

Not all Muslims are terrorists but most terrorism today is done by Muslims. You've heard this one before. Now tell me when you hear about a bombing on the news what's the first thing that comes to you mind about the perpetrators?

Whatever the case, it's a historical fact that Muslims get extremely violent during the month of Ramadan. Maybe the fasting makes them go crazy for spilling blood and killing.

Closed for Ramadan...
:redface:
US posts in Muslim world will remain closed
Aug 4,`13 WASHINGTON (AP) -- U.S. diplomatic posts in 19 cities in the Muslim world will be closed at least through the end of this week, the State Department said Sunday, citing "an abundance of caution."
State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the decision to keep the embassies and consulates closed is "not an indication of a new threat." She said the continued closures are "merely an indication of our commitment to exercise caution and take appropriate steps to protect our employees, including local employees, and visitors to our facilities." Diplomatic facilities will remain closed in Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Yemen, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, among other countries, through Saturday, Aug. 10. The State Department announcement Sunday added closures of four African sites, in Madagascar, Burundi, Rwanda and Mauritius. The U.S. has also decided to reopen some posts on Monday, including those in Kabul, Afghanistan, and Baghdad.

The Obama administration announced Friday that the posts would be closed over the weekend and the State Department announced a global travel alert, warning that al-Qaida or its allies might target either U.S. government or private American interests. The weekend closure of nearly two dozen U.S. diplomatic posts resulted from the gravest terrorist threat seen in years, the top Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee said Sunday. Sen. Saxby Chambliss said "the chatter" intercepted by U.S. intelligence agencies led the Obama administration to shutter the embassies and consulates and issue a global travel warning to Americans. "Chatter means conversation among terrorists about the planning that's going on - very reminiscent of what we saw pre-9/11," Chambliss, R-Ga., told NBC's "Meet the Press." "This is the most serious threat that I've seen in the last several years," he said.

Rep. C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger of Maryland, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told ABC's "This Week" that the threat intercepted from "high-level people in al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula" was about a "major attack." Yemen is home to al-Qaida's most dangerous affiliate, blamed for several notable terrorist plots on the United States. They include the foiled Christmas Day 2009 effort to bomb an airliner over Detroit and the explosives-laden parcels intercepted the following year aboard cargo flights. Rep. Peter King, who leads the House Homeland Security subcommittee on counterterrorism and intelligence, said the threat included dates but not locations of possible attacks. "The threat was specific as to how enormous it was going to be and also that certain dates were given," King, R-N.Y., said on ABC.

MORE

Somehow the "extremists" in other religions as you call it (although there is no such thing as an extremist Muslim in my opinion) aren't going around killing, terrorizing, chopping people's heads / hands, stoning adulterers, hanging gays, executing those who convert out of Islam, etc. in the name of their religions.

Not all Muslims are terrorists but most terrorism today is done by Muslims. You've heard this one before. Now tell me when you hear about a bombing on the news what's the first thing that comes to you mind about the perpetrators?

I agree with the latter part of your post. My argument with you is that not every single Muslim out there is a wicked murderer. There needs to be more work on the part of civil Muslims to combat against the extremism of the radicals. Basically condemn them vigorously.

Whatever the case, it's a historical fact that Muslims get extremely violent during the month of Ramadan. Maybe the fasting makes them go crazy for spilling blood and killing.

No, it isn't. Not at all.

Anyone who has spent time in Islamic countries over Ramadan will tell you that they tend to be quite quiet and sleepy during that time. People do feel tired, and certainly not violent.

I was in Senegal last week, and you could really sense the torpor!

most terrorism today is done by Muslims

What a short memory you have - remember last month when I gave examples of terrorism committed AGAINST Muslim targets?

Remember Sri Lanka? Burma?

Certainly Islamic groups utilise terror as a tactic, but let's not pretend they are the only ones to do so.

As I have pointed out on previous threads, the fact that you may not follow events in Africa or Asia very closely does not mean they don't count.

True.

Then again...

Not every Religion's sacred texts contain voluminous examples of their Founder declaring that it is permissible to make war and to kill and commit violence in their name of their vision of God, or to advance the cause of The Faith, or that those who die while fighting for The Faith get an express-ticket to Paradise.

Last edited:
happy ramadong

dgt2kx.jpg

How do you know this whole thing wasn't cooked up by obama ?

you do have a point there my friend, after all a few months ago he did say that Al Qweerida is on the run..., hummmmm, that could be interpreted as on the run toward us to strike fear into the hearts of the timid liberals :up:

we Conservatives with our GUNS and Bibles will thwart any and all enemy advances.., when that muslime mulatto leads the way.., which he has already shown that he will...., in my OPINION..........., he IS one of them :up:

Not every Religion's sacred texts contain voluminous examples of their Founder declaring that it is permissible to make war and to kill and commit violence in their name of their vision of God, or to advance the cause of The Faith, or that those who die while fighting for The Faith get an express-ticket to Paradise.

Hmm....have you looked at the Old Testament recently?

Hmm....have you looked at the Old Testament recently?

1. the New Testament supersedes the Old

2. the Old is there as background and continuity and to fill in the gaps in topical areas where The Founder and his teachings and those of his companions is silent.

3. the Founder teaches 'Love Thy Neighbor' and 'Turn the Other Cheek'.

4. that supersedes anything to the contrary in the Old

Note that I carefully focused upon the concept of words and teachings of The Founder.

Feel free to point-out where Jesus of Nazareth declared that it was OK for Christians to make war and to kill and commit violence in the name of God, or to advance the cause of Christianity, or that any Christian who dies while fighting for The Faith goes to Heaven.

I'm not talking about the spin-doctoring and bullshit interpretations laid-out by fallible mortal men - such as the Church's Just War Doctrine or other rationalizations for Crusade or other fluff that came long after the Founder had died.

I'm talking about the words and teachings of The Founder.

Feel free to serve-up a single instance in the New (superseding) Testament where Jesus offers-up such declarations and observations.

But you won't... because you can't... because none-such exists.

Now...

Feel free to serve-up all instances in the Q'uran where their Founder - Muhammed - makes such declarations and observations.

You'll need several pages to hold all of the instances of such text, won't you?

You know I'm right.

Whenever the worldly and evil men who have manipulated Christianity over the centuries have taken things too far and things have gotten too far out of hand and when Christians have committed great and horrific slaughter against their fellow man...

Somebody or another always pushes the Reset Button on Christianity, re-loading Factory Defaults to override a corrupted state, and those Factory Defaults contain "Love Thy Neighbor" and "Turn the Other Cheek".

Whenever the worldly and evil men who have manipulated Islam over the centuries have taken things too far and things have gotten too far out of hand and when Muslims have committed great and horrific slaughter against their fellow man...

When somebody tries to push the Reset Button on Islam, re-loading Factory Defaults to override a corrupted state, and those Factory Defaults contain "Kill the Infidels" and "Defend your Muslim brethren to the death" and "Be brave, for if you die fighting for Allah and His Cause, you get an express-ticket to Paradise and 72 hootchie-kootchie mamas"... well...

And, to make matters worse, Muhammed 'locked out changes' to his teachings, to avoid reinterpretations, as he observed in both Judaism and Christianity - rendering updates and changes to the core of Islam to be difficult, if not downright impossible. Islam is in desperate need of a Reformation in order to bring it into the modern age. This locking-out of changes will bar the way, and Islam will not see a Reformation to the extent or depth that Christianity experienced within the past 500 years. Pity. They DO need it so.

The differences in cornerstones or foundations or Factory Defaults are important.

They impact our politics and the events of our own times, and the way in which our various societies perceive and interact with each other.

It's the 10,000-pound elephant in the room that cannot be ignored forever.

Last edited:
Kondor -

With all due respect, I think you are splitting hairs.

The fact is that the religious books which form the basis of Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all rife with tales of spilt blood and slaughter. Hardly surprising, given the times in which they were written. I don't see that any of the 3 religions get to score points on how peaceful their holy works are.

Forum List

Back