Merry Rama-dung

Just as an update on Ramadan, I was in two Islamic countries this Ramadan, Senegal and The Gambia.

In both, almost everyone seemed to be fasting. Meals were served around 7.45 pm, and most restaurants opened about the same time. In some places I could eat earlier, others not.

Certainly I had no problems buying water, getting lunch etc, and I also drank beers everywhere with no problems at all.

My advice to anyone thinking of travelling during Ramadan would be to go for it - you are unlikely to have any problems.

Kondor -

With all due respect, I think you are splitting hairs.

The fact is that the religious books which form the basis of Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all rife with tales of spilt blood and slaughter. Hardly surprising, given the times in which they were written. I don't see that any of the 3 religions get to score points on how peaceful their holy works are.

Understood... and I'll respect your opinion, as well.

Frankly, I operate under the soft-and-fuzzy impression that so-called Christians have committed more slaughter and mayhem than adherents of the other Big Two combined.

But that's largely attributable to corrupt spin-doctoring and interpretation and the like.

As 'Christendom' has bled itself white, fighting several centuries of wars, and being forced to begin to mature a bit - politically - sooner than its counterparts, it has a shameful track record to account for.

I merely hold that Christianity's 'Factory Defaults' better lend themselves to Peace, when actually adhered-to and practiced, than do the Factory Defaults of their counterparts.

Some Factory Defaults are better than others, and that those Factory Defaults are more important than many credit them for - is all I'm saying.

Much obliged for the shout-out.

Last edited:
Muslimes are vile, demonic monsters of death, destruction, violence and mayhem.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

This year's Ramadan Bombathon is winding down, and it appears the Religion of Peace is cruising to its 1,434th consecutive win. On day 27 of Ramadan we find almost 5,000 innocent people dead/injured from the dirty Muslimes' savage behavior in 271 terror attacks/suicide b*mbings. Disgusting maggots...

most terrorism today is done by Muslims

What a short memory you have - remember last month when I gave examples of terrorism committed AGAINST Muslim targets?

Remember Sri Lanka? Burma?

Certainly Islamic groups utilise terror as a tactic, but let's not pretend they are the only ones to do so.

As I have pointed out on previous threads, the fact that you may not follow events in Africa or Asia very closely does not mean they don't count.
No what you did was look for the exception and even thee exceptions revealed that really weren't exceptions, as in the case of Burma for example, it turned out that Muslims had initiated the violence. And now they're conducting their usual Jihad. Seems like there's a coexistence problem.

Jihad started in Burma - Kavkazcenter.com

A brigade of Mujahedeen from Burma, Bangladesh, Indonesia and Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan under the leadership of Abu Safiya and Abu Arif reached Burma, Islamic sources reports.In the first attack against a convoy for the Buddhist army, 17 soldiers were killed and two vehicles were destroyed, and a few days ago they slaughtered three men including a Buddhist monk.

Myanmar: Saudi Arabia is responsible for the jihad against Rakhine Buddhists

Myanmar: Saudi Arabia is responsible for the jihad against Rakhine Buddhists

Posted on May 30, 2013, 6:50:42 PM
The Muslim Issue presents truth to power:

Did Buddhists invade Muslim land or did Muslims force themselves, like always, on the Buddhists of Myanmar?

Remember the rules of the game: while Muslims slaughter, attack, invade and force their ugly fascist ideology on innocent people – they are always the victims. Be it in Thailand, Indonesia, Myanmar, India, Bangladesh, Israel, Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, Lebanon, Israel, Chechnya, Kosovo, etc. etc. the scenario is always the same. There never exist any responsibility or consciousness for personal conduct within the Muslim community. Islam is an ideology based on hatred for ‘the other’. And who is ‘the other’? It’s the kafir, the non-Muslim. There exist no moral code, no ethical code, no personal responsibility except to violate themselves on ‘the other’, the enemy, which is always the non-Muslims.

In this video posted by a mmediatube, describing these poor Buddhist monks as “racist extremist terrorist monks” who are relentlessly subject to another Islamic social engineering project identical to the early formation of present day Palestine, which was also created through illegal mass immigration and jihad. How are the Buddhist extremist? Did they invade Muslim land or did Muslims force themselves, like always, on Myanmar? Who exactly is forcing themselves on the region and refusing to leave, refusing to leave them in peace?

According to Myanmar Buddhist monk Wira Thu (Masoyein monastery, Mandalay, Myanmar) Saudi Arabia is supporting extremists in Bengal to conduct jihad in Myanmar, lead by a Waqad Uddin. This jihad is flooding Myanmar with more and more illegal Muslims to occupy the country. Recently Qatar spent billions to send 3,000 terrorists from Tunisia to Myanmar to Islamise the country. As if this is not enough,

Roudy -

As you were made aware a month or so ago - the overwhelming majority of violence and terrorism in Burma and Sri Lanka is directed against Muslims, has not been initiated by Muslims, and is not perpetrated by Muslims.

I completely understand that these may not be countries that many people follow closely - but anyone who has followed them will be able to explain this to you, I'm sure.

Please try and use credible sources, even if they do not back up your own personal preconceptions.

Last edited:
Whatever the case, it's a historical fact that Muslims get extremely violent during the month of Ramadan. Maybe the fasting makes them go crazy for spilling blood and killing.

No, it isn't. Not at all.

Anyone who has spent time in Islamic countries over Ramadan will tell you that they tend to be quite quiet and sleepy during that time. People do feel tired, and certainly not violent.

I was in Senegal last week, and you could really sense the torpor!
Yeah sure so sleepy and peaceful, maybe that's why they go crazy with bombings and massacres and up the ante even more during and right after Ramadan? I lived around Muslims too and I can tell you the day in and day out of fasting makes them go insane. And the stats prove it. Islam being a religion that drives you insane in the first place, then you add fasting to it, it's like adding gasoline to a fire.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Hama_(2011)
200 civilians killed during Ramadan offensive ... as part of a nationwide crackdown, nicknamed the Ramadan Massacre. .... Activists and witnesses said at least 24 civilians were killed in attacks on several cities, including Hama, on 1 August.

muslimmatters.org/.../ramadan-massacre-in-syria-l-attack-on-palestinian-ref...
Aug 15, 2011 - Many houses have been destroyed and even some mosques like Muhajireen Mosque. In the area neighbouring the southern al-Ramel area, ...

algerian massacres
The attack came on the first day of Ramadan, the Muslim holy month that has seen an upsurge of ... Over 500 people have been massacred in the past 11 days .

Ramadan observance in Indonesia: Muslims detonate bombs at ...
inagist.com/all/364150466659098624/?utm_source=inagist&utm...rss
15 hours ago - Ramadan observance in Indonesia: Muslims detonate bombs at Buddhist ... @ CO2HOG : Survivors of Fort Hood jihad massacre suing U.S. ...

Algeria Tries to Avert Terrorism During Ramadan - New York Times
The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia › COLLECTIONS › SECURITY FORCES
Dec 29, 1997 - Last year, a series of bombings during Ramadan killed dozens of people in ... More than 100 civilians were killed in massacres last week. In the ...

www.aurorasentinel.com/.../wave-of-car-bombings-in-iraq-kills-at-least-58/
6 days ago - The bombings — 18 in all — are part of a wave of bloodshed that has swept across the country ... Home · Massacre Coverage ... Most of those have come during Ramadan, the Muslim holy month of dawn-to-dusk fasting that ...

www.haaretz.com/.../the-munich-massacre-bulgaria-attack-and-tisha-b-av-1...
Jul 24, 2012 - A burned out bus in Burgas, Bulgaria following a terrorist attack on July 18. ... the Munich Massacre, and others bury their loved ones killed in last week's .... walk at sunrise between Ramallah and Jerusalem, during Ramadan.

Last edited:
most terrorism today is done by Muslims

What a short memory you have - remember last month when I gave examples of terrorism committed AGAINST Muslim targets?

Remember Sri Lanka? Burma?

Certainly Islamic groups utilise terror as a tactic, but let's not pretend they are the only ones to do so.

As I have pointed out on previous threads, the fact that you may not follow events in Africa or Asia very closely does not mean they don't count.

You make an important point Saigon---there are parts of the world today
where there are non muslims who are just as violent as are muslims.
Your allusion to "AFRICA" and "ASIA" is a bit faulty-----more
accurately you should allude to "some parts of africa and asia" where
there are some people just as prone to violence as are muslims

The term "the western world" is vague To me it is anything "supra-
saharan, european, western asian and "new world" In the "western
world" -----most terrorism is islamic. In the rest of the world----only a
huge proportion is----. In ALL cases---
my impression remains that islamic terrorism always exceeds its
POPULATION proportion-----including in Indonesia

Roudy -

As you were made aware a month or so ago - the overwhelming majority of violence and terrorism in Burma and Sri Lanka is directed against Muslims, has not been initiated by Muslims, and is not perpetrated by Muslims.

I completely understand that these may not be countries that many people follow closely - but anyone who has followed them will be able to explain this to you, I'm sure.

Please try and use credible sources, even if they do not back up your own personal preconceptions.
Explain what? Muslims invaders didn't get their Islamist way using terror and violence, and the Burmese majority fought back?

Roudy -

Again, please try and use credible sources - not simply those that confirm your own prejudices. Aurorasentinal.com and bobtheweatherman.com are not credible news sources.

Secondly, please try to stick to actual facts, rather than vague theories if your own creation, about countries that you have never been to.

ANY credible news source will confirm ongoing violence AGAINST Muslims in Burma and Sri Lanka. I stress - ANY credible news source will confirm this-

Roudy -

Again, please try and use credible sources - not simply those that confirm your own prejudices. Aurorasentinal.com and bobtheweatherman.com are not credible news sources.

Secondly, please try to stick to actual facts, rather than vague theories if your own creation, about countries that you have never been to.

ANY credible news source will confirm ongoing violence AGAINST Muslims in Burma and Sri Lanka. I stress - ANY credible news source will confirm this-
Credible sources? Those are just google results. Just use any search engine and you'll find page after page of bombings and massacres during Ramadan. Are you saying that those events DID NOT OCCUR or that violence and terror DON'T increase even more during Ramadan? Good luck on that one buddy. The facts speak for themselves and they are agaianst you.

My point was not that non-Islamic violence is a greater problem in Africa and Asia - but that most peoples knowledge of violence is extremely limited when it comes to those parts of the world.

I would agree that Islamic violence is an issue in some parts of Asia (Pakistan, Iran); while they are clearly the victims of violence in other parts of Asia (Burma, Sri Lanka).

I suspect the reason some posters deny this is purely and simply a lack of knowledge.

Roudy -

You're all talk and no evidence. Burmese are fighting back against the Islamization of their country by Muslim invaders who among other things are trying to create a separate Islamic state in Burma. Now, granted, the Burmese are being a little heavy handed with the Muslims.

My point was not that non-Islamic violence is a greater problem in Africa and Asia - but that most peoples knowledge of violence is extremely limited when it comes to those parts of the world.

I would agree that Islamic violence is an issue in some parts of Asia (Pakistan, Iran); while they are clearly the victims of violence in other parts of Asia (Burma, Sri Lanka).

I suspect the reason some posters deny this is purely and simply a lack of knowledge.
Your <BS> point has nothing to do with the topic: uptick of Islamic violence and terror during Ramadan. Which has led to the embassy closings.

Burmese are fighting back against the Islamization of their country by Muslim invaders

Invaders from where?
From other lands. Off topic troll.

Islam in Burma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first Muslims arrived on the Arakan coast and moved into the upward hinterland to Maungdaw. The time when the Muslims arrived in Burma and in Arakan and Maungdaw is uncertain. Then the Muslims arrived in Burma's Ayeyarwady River delta, on the Tanintharyi coast and in Rakhine in the 9th century, prior to the establishment of the first Burmese empire in 1055 AD by King Anawrahta of Bagan.[3][4][5][6][7][8] These early Muslim settlements and the propagation of Islam were documented by Arab, Persian, European and Chinese travelers of the 9th century.[3][9] Burmese Hindus are the descendants of Muslim peoples who settled and intermarried with the local Burmese ethnic groups.[1

The population of the Muslims increased during the British rule of Burma because of new waves of Indian Muslim Immigration.[30] This sharply declined in the years following 1941 as a result of the Indo-Burman Immigration agreement,[31] and was officially stopped following Burma's (Myanmar) independence on 4 January 1948.

Last edited:
Roudy -

Please try and understand some basic points here.

The Muslims who live in Burma now have lived there for centuries. They are not invaders. They are a small minority, but because they are clustered in one or two states, they may be the dominant group in one or two provinces.

Muslim Burmese are no more invaders than Buddhist or Christian Burmese.

They are also - clearly, obviously - the victims of ongoing Buddist attacks.

Either accept the facts, or be wrong. It's your choice.

Last edited:
426766076_480x480_b.jpg

Roudy -

You're all talk and no evidence. Burmese are fighting back against the Islamization of their country by Muslim invaders who among other things are trying to create a separate Islamic state in Burma. Now, granted, the Burmese are being a little heavy handed with the Muslims.
Maybe it's because Muslims tend to tear down sacred icons in the countries they endeavor to erase off the face of the map.

Maybe it's because Muslims tend to tear down sacred icons in the countries they endeavor to erase off the face of the map.

And of course there are no sacred Islamic places that have been desecrated by other religions, are there?

Ever heard of the Babri Mosque?

Babri Mosque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jesus wept, the lack of basic, common knowledge on this board about Asia & Africa is terrifying sometimes.

And of course there are no sacred Islamic places that have been desecrated by other religions, are there?

Ever heard of the Babri Mosque?

Babri Mosque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jesus wept, the lack of basic, common knowledge on this board about Asia & Africa is terrifying sometimes.

This is not about other than Muslim destruction as far as the OP is concerned. Here's the damage Muslims did to the Buddha of Bamiyan:

The Babri Mosque? Where the riots started by 150,000 Muslims resulted in 2000 killings? Get a life, dear.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back