Trump crashes at Chicago as he objects to fact checking in real time

And he is absolutely right the interrogators were rude for not greeting and welcoming him before laying into him. That was really bad form on their part. Shame on them for that.

------------------------------------------------------------

And notably, with three female journalists seated on stage the fired former President dunderheadedly refused to even greet any single one of them....... let alone all of them collectively by simply stating "Hello, ladies. I've been looking forward to talking with you."

Noper, he did none of that.
Any aware adult man who walks into such a circumstance would wisely at least say, "Hello".

And you bet, the first journalist threw a fast-ball by him. And rightly so. He HAD made those controversial statements denigrating blacks, and black women specifically. He should have known he would be asked about them. And he should have been prepared to address them.

Instead, he threw a hissy. Got petulant and defensive. Not a good look for a mature man in front of an audience he and his handlers would have known----should have known ----would be a skeptical audience. Earned skepticism.

He could win them over with credible, plausible, rationale explanations to the questions asked. He didn't try. He didn't even try to 'read-the-room'.

DonTrump wiffed. Worse than wiffing. He shot himself. He had a chance to make this an opportunity to persuade. Instead, he pouted.

imho

At the NABJ interview, Donald Trump bald-facedly lied.

About Harris, he said, "I didn't know she was black."

Yet in 2020, to prove he wasn't racist, Trump pointed out he had donated to Harris's campaign for California Attorney General. And in making that point, he called her a black woman!

"I'll note that Kamala Harris is a Black woman and he donated to her campaign," Trump campaign senior adviser Katrina Pierson said Tuesday in a call with reporters. "So I hope we can squash this racism argument."

Forum List

Back