Message to the little girl worried mommy and daddy will be deported

We're ALL immigrants, (except, perhaps the Native Americans, and they're only a few millennia Native, anyhow!), and to adopt the stance that those less fortunate have no right to the opportunities we all enjoy, is unChristian, at least.

All of my people came here legally via Ellis Island.

How fortunate that they were able to do so.

My Mom kissed the ground at JFK when her flight landed, even Christ himself would tell you to please go fuck yourself

I think that's one of the most denigrating interpretations of Jesus I've ever heard -.-. Fortunately, many are of a rather different view regarding the teachings of Jesus. Some quotes from the Bible...

"God Loves the Foreigner Residing Among You
He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt. (Deuteronomy 10:18-19)"

Do Not Oppress a Foreigner
Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt. (Exodus 23:9)

Invite the Stranger In
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ (Matthew 25:25-36)

We Were All Baptized By One Spirit
Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many. (1 Corinthians 12:12-14)

Love Your Neighbor as Yourself
For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself." (Galatians 5:14)

Have Mercy on Your Neighbor
He asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise." (Luke 10:29-37)

I got all of those quotes from here:
What the Bible Says About How to Treat Refugees

Please do not quote scripture...

Why, afraid it'll become obvious that Jesus would want no part in the anti immigrant furor going around in the U.S.?
Anti-ILLEGAL Immigrant. Jesus actually told people to follow the law, so no, he would not support criminals. It's actually full retard to claim he would support people breaking the law. You shouldn't attempt to quote the Bible if you actually know nothing about it.

I'd respond that "Wronger" isn't a word, that it's not a "Broad brush generalization fallacy" to say that illegals broke the law, because they wouldn't be illegals if they didn't, that they should leave the country and come here legally as they were supposed to in the first place, and that ignoring that option should have them deported to the middle of the ocean because it's blatant stupidity, and that if they cared about their child, they wouldn't have put themselves and her in this position in the first place. Stupidity: The 8th Wonder of the world, exhibited constantly by illegals jumping the border instead of coming here legally, and wondering why they are deported.

The way you put it, you make it sound like all immigrants have to do is check the "come legally" box and presto, everything's cool. The truth is another matter entirely:
No “line” is available for the vast majority of unauthorized immigrants.
Immigration to the United States on a temporary or permanent basis is generally limited to three different routes: employment, family reunification, or humanitarian protection. While the U.S. immigration system is generous, each of these possibilities is highly regulated and subject to numerical limitations and eligibility requirements. Most unauthorized immigrants do not have the necessary family or employment relationships and often cannot access humanitarian protection, such as refugee or asylum status...**

Source: Why Don’t They Just Get In Line?
It has to be regulated somehow, or the United States would be overflowing with useless people. Personally, I think there are too many as is, just look at all the Democrats living here.

We're already down to a Duopoly of two interchangeable "parties" ---- you want to do away with the charade and just go with one huh?

Good luck wit dat.

There are actually other parties, the most notable being the Libertarian party (currently worse than Hillary in my view) and the Green party (who I support).

You shouldn't so readily admit you know nothing about the economy or politics in general, if you want people to take you seriously.

Laugh :). Come now Pumpkin, what makes you think I've said that?

The way you put it, you make it sound like all immigrants have to do is check the "come legally" box and presto, everything's cool. The truth is another matter entirely:
No “line” is available for the vast majority of unauthorized immigrants.
Immigration to the United States on a temporary or permanent basis is generally limited to three different routes: employment, family reunification, or humanitarian protection. While the U.S. immigration system is generous, each of these possibilities is highly regulated and subject to numerical limitations and eligibility requirements. Most unauthorized immigrants do not have the necessary family or employment relationships and often cannot access humanitarian protection, such as refugee or asylum status...**

Source: Why Don’t They Just Get In Line?
It has to be regulated somehow, or the United States would be overflowing with useless people. Personally, I think there are too many as is, just look at all the Democrats living here.

We're already down to a Duopoly of two interchangeable "parties" ---- you want to do away with the charade and just go with one huh?

Good luck wit dat.

There are actually other parties, the most notable being the Libertarian party (currently worse than Hillary in my view) and the Green party (who I support).

You shouldn't so readily admit you know nothing about the economy or politics in general, if you want people to take you seriously.

Calling the Libertarian candidate worse than Hillary and supporting the Green party. Fastest way to ensure nobody takes you seriously.

Good luck wit dat.

Calling the Libertarian candidate worse than Hillary and supporting the Green party. Fastest way to ensure nobody takes you seriously.

Phoenyx is another of the Starkeys

It is not our fault or our responsibility that Mexico is a Third World shit hole.

Ah yes, the U.S., just minding its own business, is deluged by immigrants fleeing a system that failed them, that how it goes in your head? The truth has been somewhat different for some time now. For starters, there's Eduardo Galleano's book, written almost half a century ago, but still quite relevant today. Here's an excerpt from Amazon.com's review of the book:
Since its U.S. debut a quarter-century ago, this brilliant text has set a new standard for historical scholarship of Latin America. It is also an outstanding political economy, a social and cultural narrative of the highest quality, and perhaps the finest description of primitive capital accumulation since Marx.

Rather than chronology, geography, or political successions, Eduardo Galeano has organized the various facets of Latin American history according to the patterns of five centuries of exploitation. Thus he is concerned with gold and silver, cacao and cotton, rubber and coffee, fruit, hides and wool, petroleum, iron, nickel, manganese, copper, aluminum ore, nitrates, and tin. These are the veins which he traces through the body of the entire continent, up to the Rio Grande and throughout the Caribbean, and all the way to their open ends where they empty into the coffers of wealth in the United States and Europe.

Then there's NAFTA:
Globalization and NAFTA Caused Migration from Mexico | Political Research Associates

And let's not forget the Drug War:
How the Drug War Drives Child Migrants to the US Border

1. America isn't even 250 years old and you are holding her responsible for crimes going back 5 centuries? LOL!!!

Where did I say that?

When your ridiculed the idea that America was just minding it's own business and supported that position by citing an history of 5 centuries of supposed exploitation.

The fact that the book covers 5 centuries of exploitation (nothing supposed about it) doesn't lessen the fact that during a good chunk of that time, the U.S. was around and was fairly busy exploiting the resources of various Latin American countries, or the fact that the U.S. continues to do so to this day. Proof of this are articles such as this one:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/americ...-children-converging-at-the-us-border/5390491

Here's an excerpt from said article:
Since 2011 the US has not only continued “losing” its war on drugs while militarizing so called anti-drug police forces throughout Central America (not unlike the secret dirty wars of yesteryear), during this exact same time period murderous violence in Central America has skyrocketed.

Meanwhile, since 2011 simultaneous effects from US foreign policy in the region have only promoted more drug trafficking as well as child trafficking in the form of the massive proliferation of children from Central America (currently 73% from Central America while just 25% are now coming from Mexico) crossing the Mexican border into the US unaccompanied by adults. Just five years ago these percentages were nearly reversed when only 17% of unaccompanied minors originated in Central America and 82% were from Mexico. These four co-occurring developments, the US militarization of the region, nonstop increasing flow of drugs into US, the intensifying, out of control drug cartel-gang violence and influx of young children pouring into the US are all interconnected and intentionally driven by US foreign policy. Either by calculated design or minimally by complicity, America has thousands and thousands of children crossing our border...*

2. The US is running a 58 billion dollar trade deficit with Mexico. I want the US out of NAFTA for OUR benefit.

It wouldn't just benefit the U.S. working class. If the US got out of NAFTA, all those migrants who left Mexico due to the U.S. dumping cheap corn on the market could also go back to farming in Mexico. This is the type of thing that would benefit all of those on the lower end of the economic scale. It's only the rich that benefit from the current system.

Mexico's democratically elected government signed on to NAFTA.

The Mexican PRI party didn't lose an election for 70 years, from 1929 to 2000. Protests were violently quashed, such as the Tlatelolco Massacre of 1968, wherein 30 to 300 students were killed by the mexican military. NAFTA was signed in 1994. Colosio was running to be the head of the PRI party, also in 1994, but was assassinated. Many believe the President of the PRI party was the one behind it. Nor is such violence a thing of the past in Mexico:
**2014 Iguala mass kidnapping describes 43 male students from the Ayotzinapa Rural Teachers' College who went missing in Iguala, Guerrero, Mexico on September 26, 2014.

According to official reports, the students commandeered several buses to travel to Mexico City to commemorate the anniversary of the 1968 Tlatelolco Massacre. During the journey, local police intercepted them and a confrontation ensued. Details of what happened during and after the clash remain unclear, but the official investigation concluded that once the students were in custody, they were handed over to the local Guerreros Unidos ("United Warriors") crime syndicate and presumably killed.

Source: 2014 Iguala mass kidnapping - Wikipedia

3. Fuck Mexico for failing to prevent the flow of drugs over their border.

There is one thing I definitely believe in- the law of supply and demand. People need money to buy the food they need. Selling drugs provides money. Conversely, Mexico wouldn't be selling drugs to Americans if Americans weren't buying them. The solution, in my view, is to decriminalize more if not all drugs, and regulate them instead, just as alcohol was decriminalized a long time ago. Doing the opposite just gives more power to those who are willing to break the law in order to make money. There's a good book I read on the subject by a self described conservative, no less. Here's a review of the book:

That's nice.

That's it? Just "That's nice"? I give you a potential solution to the problem and all you can say is "that's nice"? Sigh -.-

Regardless, no one is stopping them from sealing the border and control their shit. That's their failing and their responsibility.

Those dastardly mexicans, supplying Americans with their drugs of choice eh? You know what else would work? If Americans no longer wanted said drugs. But somehow that doesn't seem to occur to you as a potential solution.

Good luck wit dat.

Calling the Libertarian candidate worse than Hillary

I never did that.

and supporting the Green party.

Yes, I definitely support the Green party. I think they're hands down the best party in the current U.S. election. If you don't agree, feel free to let me know why.

Why, afraid it'll become obvious that Jesus would want no part in the anti immigrant furor going around in the U.S.?

Anti-ILLEGAL Immigrant.

Laws are not necessarily ethical.

Jesus actually told people to follow the law,

Are you referring to the line "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"?

Was reading about the entry on that passage in wikipedia, and came up with some text that essentially reflects my viewpoint on that:
Ammon Hennacy interpreted Matthew 22:21 slightly differently. He was on trial for civil disobedience and was asked by the judge to reconcile his tax resistance with Jesus' instructions. "I told him Caesar was getting too much around here and some one had to stand up for God." Elsewhere, he interpreted the story in this way:

[Jesus] was asked if He believed in paying taxes to Caesar. In those days different districts had different money and the Jews had to change their money into that of Rome, so Jesus asked, not for a Jewish coin, but for a coin with which tribute was paid, saying "Why tempt me?" Looking at the coin He asked whose image and superscription was there inscribed and was told that it was Caesar's. Those who tried to trick Him knew that if He said that taxes were to be paid to Caesar He would be attacked by the mobs who hated Caesar, and if He refused to pay taxes there would always be some traitor to turn Him in. His mission was not to fight Caesar as Barabbas had done, but it was to chase the moneychangers out of the Temple and to establish His own Church. Whether He winked as much as to say that any good Jew knew that Caesar did not deserve a thing as He said, "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's," or not, no one knows.
…Despite what anyone says each of us has to decide for himself whether to put the emphasis upon pleasing Caesar or pleasing God. We may vary in our reasons for drawing the line here or there as to how much we render unto Caesar. **

Yes, I definitely support the Green party.

Then you shouldn't have Bill Buckley in your signature. He would be appalled.

Ever heard of the phrase "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater"? Just because Bill Buckley was a conservative doesn't mean the line from him that I'm quoting isn't on the money.
It is on the money. The part which would appall Buckley is that someone who supports the Green Party is about as far removed from the Truth as one of Trump's Chumps.

Ever heard of the phrase "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater"? Just because Bill Buckley was a conservative doesn't mean the line from him that I'm quoting isn't on the money.

It is on the money.

Glad we agree on that :)

The part which would appall Buckley...

You are free to speculate on what Buckley would have thought of someone who supports the Green Party. The only thing I know about Buckley is that he was a conservative and that he came up with a line that I thought was good enough to use as a tagline.

It is on the money.

You are free to speculate on what Buckley would have thought of someone who supports the Green Party.
The Green Party is far left, so it does not take any speculation whatsoever to know what Buckley's opinion was or would be.

It is on the money.

You are free to speculate on what Buckley would have thought of someone who supports the Green Party.
The Green Party is far left, so it does not take any speculation whatsoever to know what Buckley's opinion was or would be.

Sigh -.- Even assuming that you're correct, it still doesn't matter. I chose his line as my tagline because I think it's a good one. No further justification for choosing it is required.

We're ALL immigrants, (except, perhaps the Native Americans, and they're only a few millennia Native, anyhow!), and to adopt the stance that those less fortunate have no right to the opportunities we all enjoy, is unChristian, at least.

My Mom kissed the ground at JFK when her flight landed, even Christ himself would tell you to please go fuck yourself

I think that's one of the most denigrating interpretations of Jesus I've ever heard -.-. Fortunately, many are of a rather different view regarding the teachings of Jesus. Some quotes from the Bible...

He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt. (Deuteronomy 10:18-19)"

Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt. (Exodus 23:9)

Invite the Stranger In
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ (Matthew 25:25-36)

Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many. (1 Corinthians 12:12-14)

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself." (Galatians 5:14)

In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

Anti-ILLEGAL Immigrant. Jesus actually told people to follow the law, so no, he would not support criminals. It's actually full retard to claim he would support people breaking the law. You shouldn't attempt to quote the Bible if you actually know nothing about it.

Ummmm... Jesus himself broke the law, in a YUUUGE way, by trying to overthrow the (Roman) government. Think about it.
Further, when his cousin John "the Baptist" started amassing an army before him, he supported John too.

Not sure where you're pulling this idea that Jesus was ever buddy-buddy with "the law".

Invite the Stranger In

Ummmm... Jesus himself broke the law, in a YUUUGE way, by trying to overthrow the (Roman) government. Think about it.
Further, when his cousin John "the Baptist" started amassing an army before him, he supported John too.

Not sure where you're pulling this idea that Jesus was ever buddy-buddy with "the law".

I completely agree with you that Jesus was never "buddy-buddy" with the law, but I think it's worth noting that the reason is that he saw the Roman empire as corrupt, which I believe it was. He had no problem with -just- laws, as those would concord with his strong ethical standards.

On a bit of a sidenote, it's debatable as to whether Jesus was ever trying to overthrow the Roman government directly. James Tabor, Author of The Jesus Dynasty and Professor in the Department of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina, argues that Jesus had expected that God himself would do the overthrowing and that when Jesus uttered "God, why hast thou forsaken me?" he really thought God -had- forsaken him, because he hadn't come down in his chariot of fire and smiten the evil Roman empire. James Tabor goes on to argue that originally, his brother James was equally distraught but that in time, he came to believe that this was all part of God's plan, and he believed this so much that he had much less trouble with his own crucifixion years later.

"I'm worried the police are going to come after my daddy after he shot and killed a rival drug dealer" - next Progressive hero

Invite the Stranger In

Stop it. Just fucking stop it

Why? Are you allergic to the truth or something?

Why? Are you allergic to the truth or something?
No, but you, as a Socialist, are.

Forum List

Back