Metal?

theDoctorisIn

Platinum Member
Senior USMB Moderator
Aug 12, 2009
Why don't we have a Metal thread in the music section? Are there no metalheads here?

I'll start things off with a personal favorite of mine - the Göthenberg-based seminal melodic death metal band At the Gates, with their 1995 classic Blinded By Fear from Slaughter of the Soul.

I've always thought it was interesting that the most well known and renowned vocal coach for unclean ("screaming" or "growling") vocals is a women named Melissa Cross.

I've always thought it was interesting that the most well known and renowned vocal coach for unclean ("screaming" or "growling") vocals is a women named Melissa Cross.
last I heard she's in such high demand that she's turning people down left and righ

last I heard she's in such high demand that she's turning people down left and righ

Yeah, it's amazing to see the list of people she's coached. I have her DVD.

i love the music but cant handle the "growling" vocals.....give me a singer who sings with his/her normal voice .....

i love the music but cant handle the "growling" vocals.....give me a singer who sings with his/her normal voice .....

Ok. How about some Stoner Metal then?

I've got to run some errands, but I'll leave this thread with this - the best of both worlds - both clean and unclean vocals.

The above crap has nothing to do with heavy metal.

This is Heavy Metal...

I saw Behemoth play the second stage at Ozzfest probably almost 10 years ago.

They were awesome, but came off a little silly, too. Corpse-paint and fog machines are not particularly effective at 2:00 in the afternoon in a parking lot in New Jersey.

I've got to run some errands, but I'll leave this thread with this - the best of both worlds - both clean and unclean vocals.

I love Opeth

I was a huge Opeth fan for many, many years. Saw them a bunch of times around the time of Blackwater Park and Damnation/Deliverance.

I haven't listened to much of their newer stuff, but I haven't been impressed with some of what I have seen.

Forum List

Back