Miami issuing citations for not wearing a mask

What is with douchebags who refuse to wear a mask? Is it garden variety selfishness, blind devotion to the idiot in the White House, or yet another perverted issue with having "freedom" from regulations?

Freedom is wearing a mask, it allows businesses to reopen and people to leave their homes safely and get on with their lives. The spread of this virus and the infection rate can be reduced by 40% by just wearing a mask. It's so simple even a Trump supporter can understand it.

Anti-maskers are likely 100% Trump supporters.
I wear a dust mask when I am working the fields. I wear a surgeon style mask whenever I port cylinder heads/intake manifolds. I wear a painter style respirator(screw in filtration cartridges(2) with chem stacks & pre-filters) whenever I am sandblasting/spray painting. Now a days I also wear the surgeon style mask when I find myself in a populated area(respect for other folks fears of virus). Just because I wear a variety of different filtration masks(for different purposes) does NOT mean I support mandatory legislation designed to enforce folks to wear them, as that opens an entire plethora of problems in other areas of our lives. I DO support non government PRIVATE business' requiring usage of anti virus masks on their patrons as it's their property(private) that patrons are allowed to shop in.
Where do you live?
I usually lean on the side of less government regulation but in this case the message is so convoluted and for some idiotic reason, named Trump, wearing a mask has become political.
So now we have millions of people not taking public safety seriously and we are seeing a serious resurge of COVID cases. Businesses are now being shut down AGAIN and millions of children are at risk of not being able to attend school.

So given the fact that our country seems to be full of irresponsible retards who are Not acting safe and respectable like yourself... perhaps a mandate is what’s needed to get enough people to take this thing seriously.
Slade3200, Good to hear from you! I reside in the eastern side of Washington state. I DO appreciate your concern for public safety as your concern is based on the right side of personal responsibility in my opinion. My fear of legislation requiring the proper use of a virus containment mask is NOT grounded in public safety, rather my fear of such legislation is based on the possibility of yet another stepping stone for the encroachment of ever more g'ment regulation(power & control). It is no secret that the top three fields of employment that people afflicted with narcissistic abberation try to aquire are 1) Political & legal professions(one in the same), 2) Clergy, 3) Teaching. The field of sociology(Historical) was quite an eye opener for me. My studies in this field ran into government @ every turn, so much so that I actually confronted one of my socioloy professers & asked him if this was a sociology class or government class? Add in the element of psychology & unbelievable as it sounds even Philosophy & I ended up taking a 2 semester detour(my mistake) from my major. I can tell you this, Psychologists in general believe that big government is the only way for mankind to go, Philosophy seems to look @ government as an evil necessity, & Sociologists in general believe government will be the end of humanity on planet earth. I am somewhere in the midlle of "Evil Necessity" & "The End Of Humanity On Earth" mindset regarding government. I certainly hope that this reply of mine helps you understand my position in my first post. Take care Slade3200, till next time!
Very thoughtful response and I always appreciate a good conversation especially one of contrasting opinions that stays above board so I commend you on engaging in such a way.

I’d like to explore why you think the mask mandate is more a power play than a safety measure. You do agree that mask wearing and social distancing will reduce spread, correct? And I’m assuming you’d agree that a mandate is going to result in more people wearing masks than a hyper politicized “ask” for personal responsibility, is that right?

I do understand the objections to an overbearing government but if we can put that aside for a second... would you agree with my presumptions that Masks reduce spread and Mandates increase compliance?
You should look up the Peltzman Effect and then spend some time observing people wearing masks. Look at what kind of crap masks they're wearing, the amount of times they touch their faces, the way they pull the masks down, the facial hair that keeps a seal from forming, etc., etc...….. but you all tell yourselves you're doing good and protecting each other, lol.
The masks don't do shit except to let the sheep recognize each other.
Yes all evidence that masks are not 100% effective.... but nobody is claiming they are now. They REDUCE spread, not eliminate it which is why, masks, distancing and washing hands are the three things being directed.
Keeping your distance (which Americans already do more than just about any other culture on Earth), and washing your hands often are key; masks are useless. And yet masks are the battle point..... why? Because it's visible to others, that's why.
It's not about infecting others, its all about forcing others to conform. And they must show they are conforming, to the satisfaction of others.

I don't like that, and I don't like people who think that way. And things that I don't like have a way of catching on fire or suddenly bleeding a lot....... so it would be good if they stayed the hell away from me.
You do see other countries have taken this thing down to earth zero deaths right? And you do see many states surging in recent weeks hitting record daily deaths, right? And you picking now to stand up for nonconformaty?! Really? Grow the fuck up child. Set and example to others and just do the right thing... there will be plenty of time for you to express you independent individuality after this thing is over.
Bullshit, Slade......sorry, but you are wrong.
Perhaps, but I don’t think this situation is the one to error on the side of recklessness. It’s not hard to wear a mask and keep a distance so we should on be on the same team in doing at least that... There are so many larger things to fight about. Even if wearing a mask is useless, which common sense tells me it does have some effect, but even if it doesn’t, it isn’t hard to wear one in public for a few months
Common sense should tell you that there is something very wrong when everyone insists we all publicly engage in useless behaviors.
If I sneeze in front of a mirror with a mask on that mirror is a lot cleaner than if I’m not wearing a mask. That’s less droplets and less virus spreading out into the environment... that’s common sense. Same with coughs and spit when you talk. Less virus out in the environment less chances to spread the virus. It’s simple logic. It’s also backed up by the worlds top scientists and our rebel president. What arguments do you have to back up your claim that they are useless?
I don't need to make an argument, I'm not asking anyone to do anything.

And as for what you are asking of me, the answer is "No."
You’re right you don’t have to do anything, you’ve made that quite clear. And since you’re not interested in having an actual debate and addressing the actual points ive made then I guess we are done talking. Thanks for the waste of time

It's you that is missing the point, not him.
I disagree

What is with douchebags who refuse to wear a mask? Is it garden variety selfishness, blind devotion to the idiot in the White House, or yet another perverted issue with having "freedom" from regulations?

Freedom is wearing a mask, it allows businesses to reopen and people to leave their homes safely and get on with their lives. The spread of this virus and the infection rate can be reduced by 40% by just wearing a mask. It's so simple even a Trump supporter can understand it.

I wear a dust mask when I am working the fields. I wear a surgeon style mask whenever I port cylinder heads/intake manifolds. I wear a painter style respirator(screw in filtration cartridges(2) with chem stacks & pre-filters) whenever I am sandblasting/spray painting. Now a days I also wear the surgeon style mask when I find myself in a populated area(respect for other folks fears of virus). Just because I wear a variety of different filtration masks(for different purposes) does NOT mean I support mandatory legislation designed to enforce folks to wear them, as that opens an entire plethora of problems in other areas of our lives. I DO support non government PRIVATE business' requiring usage of anti virus masks on their patrons as it's their property(private) that patrons are allowed to shop in.
Where do you live?
I usually lean on the side of less government regulation but in this case the message is so convoluted and for some idiotic reason, named Trump, wearing a mask has become political.
So now we have millions of people not taking public safety seriously and we are seeing a serious resurge of COVID cases. Businesses are now being shut down AGAIN and millions of children are at risk of not being able to attend school.

So given the fact that our country seems to be full of irresponsible retards who are Not acting safe and respectable like yourself... perhaps a mandate is what’s needed to get enough people to take this thing seriously.
Slade3200, Good to hear from you! I reside in the eastern side of Washington state. I DO appreciate your concern for public safety as your concern is based on the right side of personal responsibility in my opinion. My fear of legislation requiring the proper use of a virus containment mask is NOT grounded in public safety, rather my fear of such legislation is based on the possibility of yet another stepping stone for the encroachment of ever more g'ment regulation(power & control). It is no secret that the top three fields of employment that people afflicted with narcissistic abberation try to aquire are 1) Political & legal professions(one in the same), 2) Clergy, 3) Teaching. The field of sociology(Historical) was quite an eye opener for me. My studies in this field ran into government @ every turn, so much so that I actually confronted one of my socioloy professers & asked him if this was a sociology class or government class? Add in the element of psychology & unbelievable as it sounds even Philosophy & I ended up taking a 2 semester detour(my mistake) from my major. I can tell you this, Psychologists in general believe that big government is the only way for mankind to go, Philosophy seems to look @ government as an evil necessity, & Sociologists in general believe government will be the end of humanity on planet earth. I am somewhere in the midlle of "Evil Necessity" & "The End Of Humanity On Earth" mindset regarding government. I certainly hope that this reply of mine helps you understand my position in my first post. Take care Slade3200, till next time!
Very thoughtful response and I always appreciate a good conversation especially one of contrasting opinions that stays above board so I commend you on engaging in such a way.

I’d like to explore why you think the mask mandate is more a power play than a safety measure. You do agree that mask wearing and social distancing will reduce spread, correct? And I’m assuming you’d agree that a mandate is going to result in more people wearing masks than a hyper politicized “ask” for personal responsibility, is that right?

I do understand the objections to an overbearing government but if we can put that aside for a second... would you agree with my presumptions that Masks reduce spread and Mandates increase compliance?
You should look up the Peltzman Effect and then spend some time observing people wearing masks. Look at what kind of crap masks they're wearing, the amount of times they touch their faces, the way they pull the masks down, the facial hair that keeps a seal from forming, etc., etc...….. but you all tell yourselves you're doing good and protecting each other, lol.
Yes all evidence that masks are not 100% effective.... but nobody is claiming they are now. They REDUCE spread, not eliminate it which is why, masks, distancing and washing hands are the three things being directed.
Keeping your distance (which Americans already do more than just about any other culture on Earth), and washing your hands often are key; masks are useless. And yet masks are the battle point..... why? Because it's visible to others, that's why.
It's not about infecting others, its all about forcing others to conform. And they must show they are conforming, to the satisfaction of others.

I don't like that, and I don't like people who think that way. And things that I don't like have a way of catching on fire or suddenly bleeding a lot....... so it would be good if they stayed the hell away from me.
You do see other countries have taken this thing down to earth zero deaths right? And you do see many states surging in recent weeks hitting record daily deaths, right? And you picking now to stand up for nonconformaty?! Really? Grow the fuck up child. Set and example to others and just do the right thing... there will be plenty of time for you to express you independent individuality after this thing is over.
Perhaps, but I don’t think this situation is the one to error on the side of recklessness. It’s not hard to wear a mask and keep a distance so we should on be on the same team in doing at least that... There are so many larger things to fight about. Even if wearing a mask is useless, which common sense tells me it does have some effect, but even if it doesn’t, it isn’t hard to wear one in public for a few months
Common sense should tell you that there is something very wrong when everyone insists we all publicly engage in useless behaviors.
If I sneeze in front of a mirror with a mask on that mirror is a lot cleaner than if I’m not wearing a mask. That’s less droplets and less virus spreading out into the environment... that’s common sense. Same with coughs and spit when you talk. Less virus out in the environment less chances to spread the virus. It’s simple logic. It’s also backed up by the worlds top scientists and our rebel president. What arguments do you have to back up your claim that they are useless?

You’re right you don’t have to do anything, you’ve made that quite clear. And since you’re not interested in having an actual debate and addressing the actual points ive made then I guess we are done talking. Thanks for the waste of time

I disagree

From what I've seen, you're not even trying to read his posts, or understand his point. You seem to be on autopilot, with the same answer to whatever is thrown at you.

It's fine to disagree, but for that, people have to be on the same subject. Two of you are not.

Where do you live?

I disagree

From what I've seen, you're not even trying to read his posts, or understand his point. You seem to be on autopilot, with the same answer to whatever is thrown at you.

It's fine to disagree, but for that, people have to be on the same subject. Two of you are not.
That I agree with. He makes claims about about the ineffectiveness of masks and When I press him on it he refuses to engage and reverts to the child that wont be told what to do.

but If you think I’m missing a key point then let me know and I’ll consider it

False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

That I agree with. He makes claims about about the ineffectiveness of masks and When I press him on it he refuses to engage and reverts to the child that wont be told what to do.

You're simply ignoring everything I say and insisting I should do what you want.
And you're childishly complaining about it.

False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

You're simply ignoring everything I say and insisting I should do what you want.
I haven’t ignored anything you’ve said.

I said
False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

I said no, how about you stop ignoring that?

I said
False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

I don’t ignore that, I address it like I address everything else you say. You’ve made no valid point about the effectiveness of masks and your NO reply is childish. What else do you think I’m ignoring ??

I said
False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

I don’t ignore that, I address it like I address everything else you say. You’ve made no valid point about the effectiveness of masks and your NO reply is childish. What else do you think I’m ignoring ??
I guess "address" is the same as "whining about it incessantly" now.

I said no and that's it, end of story.

Get over it already. You're not entitled to an explanation and I don't need to justify myself ( although I feel like I have already), so why are you still harping on it?

I said
False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

Get over it already. You're not entitled to an explanation and I don't need to justify myself ( although I feel like I have already), so why are you still harping on it?
I’m not harping. I was reposing to somebody else who said I was ignoring things that you said.

I said
False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

I’m not harping. I was reposing to somebody else who said I was ignoring things that you said.
Yeah, you are.

I said
False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

Yeah, you are.
Ok, I'll accept that. I'm harping you. You refuse to defend your position, which is your right, but you do so because your position is indefensible and I'm harping you because each time you refuse to defend it your stance looks weaker and even more idiotic.

I said
False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

Yeah, you are.
Ok, I'll accept that. I'm harping you. You refuse to defend your position, which is your right, but you do so because your position is indefensible and I'm harping you because each time you refuse to defend it your stance looks weaker and even more idiotic.
You actually, really believe that I must explain, defend, and justify to you (or anyone else) why I choose not to do what you are demanding of me?

You really think that's the way it's supposed to work? You tell me to do something and the onus is on me to explain why I shouldn't have to?

Is this the way your mind works? Seriously?

You have something very very wrong with you, and I mean that. I work with the mentally ill and drug addicts on an almost daily basis and I have seldom run into anyone who is as fucked in the head as you appear to be.
You might want to sit down and give some serious thought to why you have these flawed beliefs and attitudes, and what you can do to try and unfuck yourself and maybe become a whole, functioning person someday.

And you might want to stay out of Texas, because you don't want to run into me, or anyone like me.

I said
False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

Yeah, you are.
You actually, really believe that I must explain, defend, and justify to you (or anyone else) why I choose not to do what you are demanding of me?

You really think that's the way it's supposed to work? You tell me to do something and the onus is on me to explain why I shouldn't have to?

You have something very very wrong with you, and I mean that. I work with the mentally ill and drug addicts on an almost daily basis and I have seldom run into anyone who is as fucked in the head as you appear to be.
You might want to sit down and give some serious thought to why you have these flawed beliefs and attitudes, and what you can do to try and unfuck yourself and maybe become a whole, functioning person someday.

And you might want to stay out of Texas, because you don't want to run into me, or anyone like me.
I think if you are on a discussion board expressing your opinion on things then you should be able to back up and explain those opinions. If you can't then I don't think you deserve to be taken seriously. Its a pretty simple concept.

I think you are just butt hurt that you got challenged and couldn't validate the points you were trying to make so you are now refusing to explain anything and are just lashing out at me. I've seen it before. Its not a mystery what's happening here.

I said
False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

Yeah, you are.

I think if you are on a discussion board expressing your opinion on things then you should be able to back up and explain those opinions. If you can't then I don't think you deserve to be taken seriously. Its a pretty simple concept.

I think you are just butt hurt that you got challenged and couldn't validate the points you were trying to make so you are now refusing to explain anything and are just lashing out at me. I've seen it before. Its not a mystery what's happening here.
I think that if I have explained my position, more than once on this board, and you and others just flat out refuse to hear it, and continue to badger me and demand I submit and/or justify why I choose not to, then you don't get to pretend that I am somehow wrong for that.

You are demanding I do something.

You don't like being told "No."

You demand that I explain my decision to your satisfaction, which can't be done, because you want capitulation, not an explanation.

And you refuse to stop, and are going to keep harassing me until I do what you want, or until I make you stop.

And if I do make you stop, (which I can't really do on a message board, but would have done a while back in real life) you would act as though you are somehow the one who is being wronged.

The sense of entitlement displayed by your actions, and the blatant attempts to manipulate others into doing what you demand show a lot about what sort of person you are, and those are your actions, not just my words.

I've encountered a lot of people like you before; it's not a mystery what you are about, and it's easy as hell to deal with you; all I have to do is say "No." Not much of a challenge there.
And the fact that that simple refusal infuriates you so much, is what validates my opinion of you.

I said
False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

Yeah, you are.

I think that if I have explained my position, more than once on this board, and you and others just flat out refuse to hear it, and continue to badger me and demand I submit and/or justify why I choose not to, then you don't get to pretend that I am somehow wrong for that.

You demand that I explain my decision to your satisfaction, which can't be done, because you want capitulation, not an explanation.

And you refuse to stop, and are going to keep harassing me until I do what you want, or until I make you stop.

And if I do make you stop, (which I can't really do on a message board, but would have done a while back in real life) you would act as though you are somehow the one who is being wronged.

The sense of entitlement displayed by your actions, and the blatant attempts to manipulate others into doing what you demand show a lot about what sort of person you are, and those are your actions, not just my words.

I've encountered a lot of people like you before; it's not a mystery what you are about, and it's easy as hell to deal with you; all I have to do is say "No." Not much of a challenge there.
And the fact that that simple refusal infuriates you so much, is what validates my opinion of you.
Your carrying on this conversation just as much as I am. You hit reply and you keep it going. You could easily stop responding or hit the ignore button and not see anything from me anymore but you don't choose to do either. I don't demand anything of you either. I question your position, I disagree, I as challenging questions and I express my opinions about them. You have made claims that I don't think are true about the effectiveness of masks and I provided counter arguments which invalidated your points. So now your mr pissy pants about it. I'm sorry that you can't defend your position, that must be frustrating. But you don't need to lash out at me for beating you in a debate. It happens

I said
False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

Yeah, you are.

Your carrying on this conversation just as much as I am. You hit reply and you keep it going. You could easily stop responding or hit the ignore button and not see anything from me anymore but you don't choose to do either. I don't demand anything of you either. I question your position, I disagree, I as challenging questions and I express my opinions about them. You have made claims that I don't think are true about the effectiveness of masks and I provided counter arguments which invalidated your points. So now your mr pissy pants about it. I'm sorry that you can't defend your position, that must be frustrating. But you don't need to lash out at me for beating you in a debate. It happens
See, that's the thing though...... none of your arguments have invalidated anything I said, you are just claiming they did.
And you are going to keep doing so, no matter what, until I do get tired of responding and then you will claim you have won because I could not refute your points. :rolleyes:

It's a blatantly obvious attempt to bait me into negotiating something with you and if I do, it lends credence to the idea that you have some standing to make the demand in the first place. That's why you can't handle a simple"No."; it gives you no way to proceed with your bullshit. You wish to whine and cajole and argue and threaten your way in, and that complete sentence "No." gives you no way to.

And your all pissy pants about that....... which is why you're still at it.

Keep it up, guy...... you're doing more to show what you are than I ever could.

Question; do you do this to women?
Do you ask for a blowjob and then demand an explanation when they refuse?
Do you incessantly badger and harass them over it?
Do you feel entitled to disparage them when they don't tolerate your boorish behavior?

I said
False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

Yeah, you are.

See, that's the thing though...... none of your arguments have invalidated anything I said, you are just claiming they did.
And you are going to keep doing so, no matter what, until I do get tired of responding and then you will claim you have won because I could not refute your points. :rolleyes:

It's a blatantly obvious attempt to bait me into negotiating something with you and if I do, it lends credence to the idea that you have some standing to make the demand in the first place. That's why you can't handle a simple"No."; it gives you no way to proceed with your bullshit. You wish to whine and cajole and argue and threaten your way in, and that complete sentence "No." gives you no way to.

I don’t have anything left to negotiate. You tried to claim that masks are ineffective and don’t effect the carnage from the virus. I showed otherwise and then you gave up on the debate and just said NO. That’s fine. Take your ball and go home. I don’t really care. Just try and bring a better game next time you play.

I said
False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

Yeah, you are.

I don’t have anything left to negotiate. You tried to claim that masks are ineffective and don’t effect the carnage from the virus. I showed otherwise and then you gave up on the debate and just said NO. That’s fine. Take your ball and go home. I don’t really care. Just try and bring a better game next time you play.
But again, no you didn't show that.
And you still are upset about the "No."
And you are probably even more upset about having your weak little ploy called out.

I said
False.

Where do you live?

I disagree

Yeah, you are.

But again, no you didn't show that.
And you still are upset about the "No."
And you are probably even more upset about having your weak little ploy called out.
Whatever floats your boat dude. But if you think your inability to back up your own positions somehow makes you a strong debater then you’re delusional. What are you even doing here?

Forum List

Back