Miami issuing citations for not wearing a mask

What is with douchebags who refuse to wear a mask? Is it garden variety selfishness, blind devotion to the idiot in the White House, or yet another perverted issue with having "freedom" from regulations?

Freedom is wearing a mask, it allows businesses to reopen and people to leave their homes safely and get on with their lives. The spread of this virus and the infection rate can be reduced by 40% by just wearing a mask. It's so simple even a Trump supporter can understand it.

Anti-maskers are likely 100% Trump supporters.
Perhaps we don't like being told what to do by fascist scum. By the way, does anyone still think the police wont violate their oath?
y3prexgms7d51.jpg

Yeah but if your encounter goes poorly, how likely are you to end up in a fight?

I am always striving for every little advantage to keep things from getting physical.
Because that's when people get hurt.
I got bit a few months back, for instance.

Well it seems like a negligible advantage to me.

I'm able to converse perfectly well with a mask. I do it all the time when I'm out shopping. It hasn't been an issue for me.

If someone is drugged out of their minds and bites you, I don't see how advantageous it can possibly be not to wear a mask around someone like that. I don't think the mask is going to change the outcome of him biting you.
The gloves didn't help either, he bit right through it.

Just so I'm clear, do you think that situation would have been any different if you weren't wearing a mask?

Yeah but if your encounter goes poorly, how likely are you to end up in a fight?

I am always striving for every little advantage to keep things from getting physical.
Because that's when people get hurt.
I got bit a few months back, for instance.

Well it seems like a negligible advantage to me.

I'm able to converse perfectly well with a mask. I do it all the time when I'm out shopping. It hasn't been an issue for me.

If someone is drugged out of their minds and bites you, I don't see how advantageous it can possibly be not to wear a mask around someone like that. I don't think the mask is going to change the outcome of him biting you.
The gloves didn't help either, he bit right through it.

Just so I'm clear, do you think that situation would have been any different if you weren't wearing a mask?
That one where I got bit?

Doubt it, he was on PCP.

Doubt it, he was on PCP.

Then it’s not much of an advantage to go maskless.
Every little bit helps.
Besides, by the time he bit me, we had already brawled our way through the triage room, into the back hallway where he slid out of the shirt I had ahold of, and then he ran a large circuit around until he came to a secure door where I took him to the floor again after cornering him, and then other folks arrived to help hold him down safely, so I could get my weight off his torso. You don't think I still had that flimsy little mask on after all that, do you? It got ripped loose early on.

Doubt it, he was on PCP.

Every little bit helps.
Besides, by the time he bit me, we had already brawled our way through the triage room, into the back hallway where he slid out of the shirt I had ahold of, and then he ran a large circuit around until he came to a secure door where I took him to the floor again after cornering him, and then other folks arrived to help hold him down safely, so I could get my weight off his torso. You don't think I still had that flimsy little mask on after all that, do you? It got ripped loose early on.

What little bit? We just agreed that it wouldn’t have made a difference with the person who bit you.

Doubt it, he was on PCP.

So it's no disadvantage to go without one, if you're going to end up brawling anyway.

The disadvantage is from being more likely to get infected.

Doubt it, he was on PCP.

Every little bit helps.

What little bit? We just agreed that it wouldn’t have made a difference with the person who bit you.
And you are going to pretend that's the only situation I am ever in, and also that every other situation is always identical in every way to this one?
That's what you're going to go with?

Question; Why do you care?

Why is this so damned important to you and all the rest of the conform Nazis?

Why are you all so tiresome, intrusive into other people's business, and generally incapable of just leaving people the fuck alone?

There is something really wrong with you people. You are the problem.

Doubt it, he was on PCP.

Every little bit helps.

And you are going to pretend that's the only situation I am ever in, and also that every other situation is always identical in every way to this one?

Why are you all so tiresome, intrusive into other people's business, and generally incapable of just leaving people the fuck alone?

I can’t see any situation where the mask would make a difference between you getting bitten or not.

Sorry, but your reasoning for wanting to work with infected patients without a mask just doesn’t make sense to me.

Doubt it, he was on PCP.

Every little bit helps.

I can’t see any situation where the mask would make a difference between you getting bitten or not.

Sorry, but your reasoning for wanting to work with infected patients without a mask just doesn’t make sense to me.
And I care what you think about that or anything else, why?

Doubt it, he was on PCP.

Every little bit helps.

I don’t expect you to care what I think.

What is with douchebags who refuse to wear a mask? Is it garden variety selfishness, blind devotion to the idiot in the White House, or yet another perverted issue with having "freedom" from regulations?

Freedom is wearing a mask, it allows businesses to reopen and people to leave their homes safely and get on with their lives. The spread of this virus and the infection rate can be reduced by 40% by just wearing a mask. It's so simple even a Trump supporter can understand it.

Can you give me a good reason why a person that has survived corona and is no longer infectious or capable of being reinfected should get a ticket for no mask?.....you better because if we are to believe the numbers (and I don't) there will soon be millions of those people running around without a mask....
Well, just to start with we don't know if they can be reinfected or not.

Doubt it, he was on PCP.

Every little bit helps.

I don’t expect you to care what I think.
Okay then.
You can go now.

I wear a dust mask when I am working the fields. I wear a surgeon style mask whenever I port cylinder heads/intake manifolds. I wear a painter style respirator(screw in filtration cartridges(2) with chem stacks & pre-filters) whenever I am sandblasting/spray painting. Now a days I also wear the surgeon style mask when I find myself in a populated area(respect for other folks fears of virus). Just because I wear a variety of different filtration masks(for different purposes) does NOT mean I support mandatory legislation designed to enforce folks to wear them, as that opens an entire plethora of problems in other areas of our lives. I DO support non government PRIVATE business' requiring usage of anti virus masks on their patrons as it's their property(private) that patrons are allowed to shop in.
Where do you live?
I usually lean on the side of less government regulation but in this case the message is so convoluted and for some idiotic reason, named Trump, wearing a mask has become political.
So now we have millions of people not taking public safety seriously and we are seeing a serious resurge of COVID cases. Businesses are now being shut down AGAIN and millions of children are at risk of not being able to attend school.

So given the fact that our country seems to be full of irresponsible retards who are Not acting safe and respectable like yourself... perhaps a mandate is what’s needed to get enough people to take this thing seriously.
Slade3200, Good to hear from you! I reside in the eastern side of Washington state. I DO appreciate your concern for public safety as your concern is based on the right side of personal responsibility in my opinion. My fear of legislation requiring the proper use of a virus containment mask is NOT grounded in public safety, rather my fear of such legislation is based on the possibility of yet another stepping stone for the encroachment of ever more g'ment regulation(power & control). It is no secret that the top three fields of employment that people afflicted with narcissistic abberation try to aquire are 1) Political & legal professions(one in the same), 2) Clergy, 3) Teaching. The field of sociology(Historical) was quite an eye opener for me. My studies in this field ran into government @ every turn, so much so that I actually confronted one of my socioloy professers & asked him if this was a sociology class or government class? Add in the element of psychology & unbelievable as it sounds even Philosophy & I ended up taking a 2 semester detour(my mistake) from my major. I can tell you this, Psychologists in general believe that big government is the only way for mankind to go, Philosophy seems to look @ government as an evil necessity, & Sociologists in general believe government will be the end of humanity on planet earth. I am somewhere in the midlle of "Evil Necessity" & "The End Of Humanity On Earth" mindset regarding government. I certainly hope that this reply of mine helps you understand my position in my first post. Take care Slade3200, till next time!
Very thoughtful response and I always appreciate a good conversation especially one of contrasting opinions that stays above board so I commend you on engaging in such a way.

I’d like to explore why you think the mask mandate is more a power play than a safety measure. You do agree that mask wearing and social distancing will reduce spread, correct? And I’m assuming you’d agree that a mandate is going to result in more people wearing masks than a hyper politicized “ask” for personal responsibility, is that right?

I do understand the objections to an overbearing government but if we can put that aside for a second... would you agree with my presumptions that Masks reduce spread and Mandates increase compliance?
You should look up the Peltzman Effect and then spend some time observing people wearing masks. Look at what kind of crap masks they're wearing, the amount of times they touch their faces, the way they pull the masks down, the facial hair that keeps a seal from forming, etc., etc...….. but you all tell yourselves you're doing good and protecting each other, lol.
The masks don't do shit except to let the sheep recognize each other.
Yes all evidence that masks are not 100% effective.... but nobody is claiming they are now. They REDUCE spread, not eliminate it which is why, masks, distancing and washing hands are the three things being directed.
Keeping your distance (which Americans already do more than just about any other culture on Earth), and washing your hands often are key; masks are useless. And yet masks are the battle point..... why? Because it's visible to others, that's why.
It's not about infecting others, its all about forcing others to conform. And they must show they are conforming, to the satisfaction of others.

I don't like that, and I don't like people who think that way. And things that I don't like have a way of catching on fire or suddenly bleeding a lot....... so it would be good if they stayed the hell away from me.
You do see other countries have taken this thing down to earth zero deaths right? And you do see many states surging in recent weeks hitting record daily deaths, right? And you picking now to stand up for nonconformaty?! Really? Grow the fuck up child. Set and example to others and just do the right thing... there will be plenty of time for you to express you independent individuality after this thing is over.
Bullshit, Slade......sorry, but you are wrong.
Perhaps, but I don’t think this situation is the one to error on the side of recklessness. It’s not hard to wear a mask and keep a distance so we should on be on the same team in doing at least that... There are so many larger things to fight about. Even if wearing a mask is useless, which common sense tells me it does have some effect, but even if it doesn’t, it isn’t hard to wear one in public for a few months
Common sense should tell you that there is something very wrong when everyone insists we all publicly engage in useless behaviors.
If I sneeze in front of a mirror with a mask on that mirror is a lot cleaner than if I’m not wearing a mask. That’s less droplets and less virus spreading out into the environment... that’s common sense. Same with coughs and spit when you talk. Less virus out in the environment less chances to spread the virus. It’s simple logic. It’s also backed up by the worlds top scientists and our rebel president. What arguments do you have to back up your claim that they are useless?
Slade, there is lot more going on about this plannedemic than meets the eye. What if by exposing people to 5G millimeter waves could actually spur this illness, after, we have become antennas with all the smart dust we have inhaled over the last two plus decades. Research the NASA war document that was accidentally made available. I believe the year was 2001. Be well, my friend.

I wear a dust mask when I am working the fields. I wear a surgeon style mask whenever I port cylinder heads/intake manifolds. I wear a painter style respirator(screw in filtration cartridges(2) with chem stacks & pre-filters) whenever I am sandblasting/spray painting. Now a days I also wear the surgeon style mask when I find myself in a populated area(respect for other folks fears of virus). Just because I wear a variety of different filtration masks(for different purposes) does NOT mean I support mandatory legislation designed to enforce folks to wear them, as that opens an entire plethora of problems in other areas of our lives. I DO support non government PRIVATE business' requiring usage of anti virus masks on their patrons as it's their property(private) that patrons are allowed to shop in.
Where do you live?
I usually lean on the side of less government regulation but in this case the message is so convoluted and for some idiotic reason, named Trump, wearing a mask has become political.
So now we have millions of people not taking public safety seriously and we are seeing a serious resurge of COVID cases. Businesses are now being shut down AGAIN and millions of children are at risk of not being able to attend school.

So given the fact that our country seems to be full of irresponsible retards who are Not acting safe and respectable like yourself... perhaps a mandate is what’s needed to get enough people to take this thing seriously.
Slade3200, Good to hear from you! I reside in the eastern side of Washington state. I DO appreciate your concern for public safety as your concern is based on the right side of personal responsibility in my opinion. My fear of legislation requiring the proper use of a virus containment mask is NOT grounded in public safety, rather my fear of such legislation is based on the possibility of yet another stepping stone for the encroachment of ever more g'ment regulation(power & control). It is no secret that the top three fields of employment that people afflicted with narcissistic abberation try to aquire are 1) Political & legal professions(one in the same), 2) Clergy, 3) Teaching. The field of sociology(Historical) was quite an eye opener for me. My studies in this field ran into government @ every turn, so much so that I actually confronted one of my socioloy professers & asked him if this was a sociology class or government class? Add in the element of psychology & unbelievable as it sounds even Philosophy & I ended up taking a 2 semester detour(my mistake) from my major. I can tell you this, Psychologists in general believe that big government is the only way for mankind to go, Philosophy seems to look @ government as an evil necessity, & Sociologists in general believe government will be the end of humanity on planet earth. I am somewhere in the midlle of "Evil Necessity" & "The End Of Humanity On Earth" mindset regarding government. I certainly hope that this reply of mine helps you understand my position in my first post. Take care Slade3200, till next time!
Very thoughtful response and I always appreciate a good conversation especially one of contrasting opinions that stays above board so I commend you on engaging in such a way.

I’d like to explore why you think the mask mandate is more a power play than a safety measure. You do agree that mask wearing and social distancing will reduce spread, correct? And I’m assuming you’d agree that a mandate is going to result in more people wearing masks than a hyper politicized “ask” for personal responsibility, is that right?

I do understand the objections to an overbearing government but if we can put that aside for a second... would you agree with my presumptions that Masks reduce spread and Mandates increase compliance?
You should look up the Peltzman Effect and then spend some time observing people wearing masks. Look at what kind of crap masks they're wearing, the amount of times they touch their faces, the way they pull the masks down, the facial hair that keeps a seal from forming, etc., etc...….. but you all tell yourselves you're doing good and protecting each other, lol.
The masks don't do shit except to let the sheep recognize each other.
Yes all evidence that masks are not 100% effective.... but nobody is claiming they are now. They REDUCE spread, not eliminate it which is why, masks, distancing and washing hands are the three things being directed.
Keeping your distance (which Americans already do more than just about any other culture on Earth), and washing your hands often are key; masks are useless. And yet masks are the battle point..... why? Because it's visible to others, that's why.
It's not about infecting others, its all about forcing others to conform. And they must show they are conforming, to the satisfaction of others.

I don't like that, and I don't like people who think that way. And things that I don't like have a way of catching on fire or suddenly bleeding a lot....... so it would be good if they stayed the hell away from me.
You do see other countries have taken this thing down to earth zero deaths right? And you do see many states surging in recent weeks hitting record daily deaths, right? And you picking now to stand up for nonconformaty?! Really? Grow the fuck up child. Set and example to others and just do the right thing... there will be plenty of time for you to express you independent individuality after this thing is over.
Bullshit, Slade......sorry, but you are wrong.
Perhaps, but I don’t think this situation is the one to error on the side of recklessness. It’s not hard to wear a mask and keep a distance so we should on be on the same team in doing at least that... There are so many larger things to fight about. Even if wearing a mask is useless, which common sense tells me it does have some effect, but even if it doesn’t, it isn’t hard to wear one in public for a few months
Common sense should tell you that there is something very wrong when everyone insists we all publicly engage in useless behaviors.
If I sneeze in front of a mirror with a mask on that mirror is a lot cleaner than if I’m not wearing a mask. That’s less droplets and less virus spreading out into the environment... that’s common sense. Same with coughs and spit when you talk. Less virus out in the environment less chances to spread the virus. It’s simple logic. It’s also backed up by the worlds top scientists and our rebel president. What arguments do you have to back up your claim that they are useless?
Slade, there is lot more going on about this plannedemic than meets the eye. What if by exposing people to 5G millimeter waves could actually spur this illness, after, we have become antennas with all the smart dust we have inhaled over the last two plus decades. Research the NASA war document that was accidentally made available. I believe the year was 2001. Be well, my friend.
You know what I like about Dale... he gives reference to things to research and doesn’t just spout empty talking points. I can’t say I’m on board with all he claims but I do appreciate his style. Rock on Mr Dale

Forum List

Back