Miami issuing citations for not wearing a mask

It’s simple logic.

Simple logic says there's no reason to get hysterical over a 'new' virus with a survival rate of 99.8% and that there's a hidden agenda behind the relentless fearmongering to make us submit to medical fascism...
It’s also backed up by the worlds top scientists and our rebel president.

Bill Gates really isn't a scientist, don't believe everything the deep state MSM tell you
What arguments do you have to back up your claim that they are useless?

Funny, women in Saudi Arabia say the same thing about burkas.

What arguments do you have to back up your claim that we're all going to die if we don't follow the new religious dess code?

:coffee:
The world disagrees with you. Hospitals have been over run in many areas. Olympics cancelled, events done, travel bans everywhere... this isn’t a Bill Gates and Trump haters thing. There is a problem that the whole world is taking seeiously except for a small few

What is with douchebags who refuse to wear a mask? Is it garden variety selfishness, blind devotion to the idiot in the White House, or yet another perverted issue with having "freedom" from regulations?

Freedom is wearing a mask, it allows businesses to reopen and people to leave their homes safely and get on with their lives. The spread of this virus and the infection rate can be reduced by 40% by just wearing a mask. It's so simple even a Trump supporter can understand it.

Anti-maskers are likely 100% Trump supporters.
I wear a dust mask when I am working the fields. I wear a surgeon style mask whenever I port cylinder heads/intake manifolds. I wear a painter style respirator(screw in filtration cartridges(2) with chem stacks & pre-filters) whenever I am sandblasting/spray painting. Now a days I also wear the surgeon style mask when I find myself in a populated area(respect for other folks fears of virus). Just because I wear a variety of different filtration masks(for different purposes) does NOT mean I support mandatory legislation designed to enforce folks to wear them, as that opens an entire plethora of problems in other areas of our lives. I DO support non government PRIVATE business' requiring usage of anti virus masks on their patrons as it's their property(private) that patrons are allowed to shop in.
Where do you live?
I usually lean on the side of less government regulation but in this case the message is so convoluted and for some idiotic reason, named Trump, wearing a mask has become political.
So now we have millions of people not taking public safety seriously and we are seeing a serious resurge of COVID cases. Businesses are now being shut down AGAIN and millions of children are at risk of not being able to attend school.

So given the fact that our country seems to be full of irresponsible retards who are Not acting safe and respectable like yourself... perhaps a mandate is what’s needed to get enough people to take this thing seriously.
Slade3200, Good to hear from you! I reside in the eastern side of Washington state. I DO appreciate your concern for public safety as your concern is based on the right side of personal responsibility in my opinion. My fear of legislation requiring the proper use of a virus containment mask is NOT grounded in public safety, rather my fear of such legislation is based on the possibility of yet another stepping stone for the encroachment of ever more g'ment regulation(power & control). It is no secret that the top three fields of employment that people afflicted with narcissistic abberation try to aquire are 1) Political & legal professions(one in the same), 2) Clergy, 3) Teaching. The field of sociology(Historical) was quite an eye opener for me. My studies in this field ran into government @ every turn, so much so that I actually confronted one of my socioloy professers & asked him if this was a sociology class or government class? Add in the element of psychology & unbelievable as it sounds even Philosophy & I ended up taking a 2 semester detour(my mistake) from my major. I can tell you this, Psychologists in general believe that big government is the only way for mankind to go, Philosophy seems to look @ government as an evil necessity, & Sociologists in general believe government will be the end of humanity on planet earth. I am somewhere in the midlle of "Evil Necessity" & "The End Of Humanity On Earth" mindset regarding government. I certainly hope that this reply of mine helps you understand my position in my first post. Take care Slade3200, till next time!
Very thoughtful response and I always appreciate a good conversation especially one of contrasting opinions that stays above board so I commend you on engaging in such a way.

I’d like to explore why you think the mask mandate is more a power play than a safety measure. You do agree that mask wearing and social distancing will reduce spread, correct? And I’m assuming you’d agree that a mandate is going to result in more people wearing masks than a hyper politicized “ask” for personal responsibility, is that right?

I do understand the objections to an overbearing government but if we can put that aside for a second... would you agree with my presumptions that Masks reduce spread and Mandates increase compliance?
You should look up the Peltzman Effect and then spend some time observing people wearing masks. Look at what kind of crap masks they're wearing, the amount of times they touch their faces, the way they pull the masks down, the facial hair that keeps a seal from forming, etc., etc...….. but you all tell yourselves you're doing good and protecting each other, lol.
The masks don't do shit except to let the sheep recognize each other.
Yes all evidence that masks are not 100% effective.... but nobody is claiming they are now. They REDUCE spread, not eliminate it which is why, masks, distancing and washing hands are the three things being directed.
Keeping your distance (which Americans already do more than just about any other culture on Earth), and washing your hands often are key; masks are useless. And yet masks are the battle point..... why? Because it's visible to others, that's why.
It's not about infecting others, its all about forcing others to conform. And they must show they are conforming, to the satisfaction of others.

I don't like that, and I don't like people who think that way. And things that I don't like have a way of catching on fire or suddenly bleeding a lot....... so it would be good if they stayed the hell away from me.
You do see other countries have taken this thing down to earth zero deaths right? And you do see many states surging in recent weeks hitting record daily deaths, right? And you picking now to stand up for nonconformaty?! Really? Grow the fuck up child. Set and example to others and just do the right thing... there will be plenty of time for you to express you independent individuality after this thing is over.
Bullshit, Slade......sorry, but you are wrong.
Perhaps, but I don’t think this situation is the one to error on the side of recklessness. It’s not hard to wear a mask and keep a distance so we should on be on the same team in doing at least that... There are so many larger things to fight about. Even if wearing a mask is useless, which common sense tells me it does have some effect, but even if it doesn’t, it isn’t hard to wear one in public for a few months
Common sense should tell you that there is something very wrong when everyone insists we all publicly engage in useless behaviors.
If I sneeze in front of a mirror with a mask on that mirror is a lot cleaner than if I’m not wearing a mask. That’s less droplets and less virus spreading out into the environment... that’s common sense. Same with coughs and spit when you talk. Less virus out in the environment less chances to spread the virus. It’s simple logic. It’s also backed up by the worlds top scientists and our rebel president. What arguments do you have to back up your claim that they are useless?
I don't need to make an argument, I'm not asking anyone to do anything.

And as for what you are asking of me, the answer is "No."
You’re right you don’t have to do anything, you’ve made that quite clear. And since you’re not interested in having an actual debate and addressing the actual points ive made then I guess we are done talking. Thanks for the waste of time
I didn't make you respond.
Hell I said, "No." a while back..... that was a complete sentence. You decided you didn't want to take it for the answer it was, so quit whining to me about it.
You're the one who has been wasting my time with this bullshit.
And yet you keep responding.. not with any kind of intelligent argument but with meaningless BS.

You act like a child
I'm not really bothered by it. I'm not working tonight and everyone else is asleep so I don't mind having my time wasted a bit, although it is a big pet peeve of mine IRL.
Let's just be clear about who it is doing it, okay?
Well so far I’ve seen you try to make points about Masks not being effective and when I provide counter points you just say No and Then refuse to engage because you don’t have to... what a joke
Because you're attempting to get me to negotiate the matter with you..... and I have no reason to.
I'm not going to wear a mask and I don't care what you or anyone else think about it.
The answer was "No."; now the answer is "No and fuck off."
I don’t really give a shit. I just enjoy hear you sound like a complete moron as you fail to rationalize it. I see your new thing is saying you don’t have to, but like I said that’s a child argument and you sound like a fool

I base my behavior off the fact that I work in an ER and have actually encountered dozens (at least) of infected people, and yet, I still don't have it, and I never wear a mask outside of work, and even there, I only put it on when I have to approach a patient.

Why exactly do you wear a mask when approaching a patient at work?

What is with douchebags who refuse to wear a mask? Is it garden variety selfishness, blind devotion to the idiot in the White House, or yet another perverted issue with having "freedom" from regulations?

Freedom is wearing a mask, it allows businesses to reopen and people to leave their homes safely and get on with their lives. The spread of this virus and the infection rate can be reduced by 40% by just wearing a mask. It's so simple even a Trump supporter can understand it.

I wear a dust mask when I am working the fields. I wear a surgeon style mask whenever I port cylinder heads/intake manifolds. I wear a painter style respirator(screw in filtration cartridges(2) with chem stacks & pre-filters) whenever I am sandblasting/spray painting. Now a days I also wear the surgeon style mask when I find myself in a populated area(respect for other folks fears of virus). Just because I wear a variety of different filtration masks(for different purposes) does NOT mean I support mandatory legislation designed to enforce folks to wear them, as that opens an entire plethora of problems in other areas of our lives. I DO support non government PRIVATE business' requiring usage of anti virus masks on their patrons as it's their property(private) that patrons are allowed to shop in.
Where do you live?
I usually lean on the side of less government regulation but in this case the message is so convoluted and for some idiotic reason, named Trump, wearing a mask has become political.
So now we have millions of people not taking public safety seriously and we are seeing a serious resurge of COVID cases. Businesses are now being shut down AGAIN and millions of children are at risk of not being able to attend school.

So given the fact that our country seems to be full of irresponsible retards who are Not acting safe and respectable like yourself... perhaps a mandate is what’s needed to get enough people to take this thing seriously.
Slade3200, Good to hear from you! I reside in the eastern side of Washington state. I DO appreciate your concern for public safety as your concern is based on the right side of personal responsibility in my opinion. My fear of legislation requiring the proper use of a virus containment mask is NOT grounded in public safety, rather my fear of such legislation is based on the possibility of yet another stepping stone for the encroachment of ever more g'ment regulation(power & control). It is no secret that the top three fields of employment that people afflicted with narcissistic abberation try to aquire are 1) Political & legal professions(one in the same), 2) Clergy, 3) Teaching. The field of sociology(Historical) was quite an eye opener for me. My studies in this field ran into government @ every turn, so much so that I actually confronted one of my socioloy professers & asked him if this was a sociology class or government class? Add in the element of psychology & unbelievable as it sounds even Philosophy & I ended up taking a 2 semester detour(my mistake) from my major. I can tell you this, Psychologists in general believe that big government is the only way for mankind to go, Philosophy seems to look @ government as an evil necessity, & Sociologists in general believe government will be the end of humanity on planet earth. I am somewhere in the midlle of "Evil Necessity" & "The End Of Humanity On Earth" mindset regarding government. I certainly hope that this reply of mine helps you understand my position in my first post. Take care Slade3200, till next time!
Very thoughtful response and I always appreciate a good conversation especially one of contrasting opinions that stays above board so I commend you on engaging in such a way.

I’d like to explore why you think the mask mandate is more a power play than a safety measure. You do agree that mask wearing and social distancing will reduce spread, correct? And I’m assuming you’d agree that a mandate is going to result in more people wearing masks than a hyper politicized “ask” for personal responsibility, is that right?

I do understand the objections to an overbearing government but if we can put that aside for a second... would you agree with my presumptions that Masks reduce spread and Mandates increase compliance?
You should look up the Peltzman Effect and then spend some time observing people wearing masks. Look at what kind of crap masks they're wearing, the amount of times they touch their faces, the way they pull the masks down, the facial hair that keeps a seal from forming, etc., etc...….. but you all tell yourselves you're doing good and protecting each other, lol.
Yes all evidence that masks are not 100% effective.... but nobody is claiming they are now. They REDUCE spread, not eliminate it which is why, masks, distancing and washing hands are the three things being directed.
Keeping your distance (which Americans already do more than just about any other culture on Earth), and washing your hands often are key; masks are useless. And yet masks are the battle point..... why? Because it's visible to others, that's why.
It's not about infecting others, its all about forcing others to conform. And they must show they are conforming, to the satisfaction of others.

I don't like that, and I don't like people who think that way. And things that I don't like have a way of catching on fire or suddenly bleeding a lot....... so it would be good if they stayed the hell away from me.
You do see other countries have taken this thing down to earth zero deaths right? And you do see many states surging in recent weeks hitting record daily deaths, right? And you picking now to stand up for nonconformaty?! Really? Grow the fuck up child. Set and example to others and just do the right thing... there will be plenty of time for you to express you independent individuality after this thing is over.
Perhaps, but I don’t think this situation is the one to error on the side of recklessness. It’s not hard to wear a mask and keep a distance so we should on be on the same team in doing at least that... There are so many larger things to fight about. Even if wearing a mask is useless, which common sense tells me it does have some effect, but even if it doesn’t, it isn’t hard to wear one in public for a few months
Common sense should tell you that there is something very wrong when everyone insists we all publicly engage in useless behaviors.
If I sneeze in front of a mirror with a mask on that mirror is a lot cleaner than if I’m not wearing a mask. That’s less droplets and less virus spreading out into the environment... that’s common sense. Same with coughs and spit when you talk. Less virus out in the environment less chances to spread the virus. It’s simple logic. It’s also backed up by the worlds top scientists and our rebel president. What arguments do you have to back up your claim that they are useless?

You’re right you don’t have to do anything, you’ve made that quite clear. And since you’re not interested in having an actual debate and addressing the actual points ive made then I guess we are done talking. Thanks for the waste of time
Hell I said, "No." a while back..... that was a complete sentence. You decided you didn't want to take it for the answer it was, so quit whining to me about it.
And yet you keep responding.. not with any kind of intelligent argument but with meaningless BS.

You act like a child
I'm not really bothered by it. I'm not working tonight and everyone else is asleep so I don't mind having my time wasted a bit, although it is a big pet peeve of mine IRL.
Well so far I’ve seen you try to make points about Masks not being effective and when I provide counter points you just say No and Then refuse to engage because you don’t have to... what a joke
Because you're attempting to get me to negotiate the matter with you..... and I have no reason to.
I'm not going to wear a mask and I don't care what you or anyone else think about it.
I don’t really give a shit. I just enjoy hear you sound like a complete moron as you fail to rationalize it. I see your new thing is saying you don’t have to, but like I said that’s a child argument and you sound like a fool
Need a tampon?

I have explained, you just don't want to hear it because you're not getting your way.

I base my behavior off the fact that I work in an ER and have actually encountered dozens (at least) of infected people, and yet, I still don't have it, and I never wear a mask outside of work, and even there, I only put it on when I have to approach a patient.

Really just because it's policy.
Truth is, if I have to go hands on, the mask won't matter.

In fact, it actually makes things harder because it's a barrier to communication.

In fact, it actually makes things harder because it's a barrier to communication.

Would you prefer to work with covid patients without a mask?

Honestly, yeah.
What I do is conflict management and not being able to communicate effectively makes it more likely that I will have to go hands on.
And I always prefer not to do that.

Where do you live?

You act like a child
Need a tampon?

I have explained, you just don't want to hear it because you're not getting your way.
You explain, I debunk, you run from the argument . That’s the trend we are on

Honestly, yeah.
What I do is conflict management and not being able to communicate effectively makes it more likely that I will have to go hands on.
T
Start doing it then

Where do you live?

You act like a child
Need a tampon?

You explain, I debunk, you run from the argument . That’s the trend we are on
But you haven't though.
And you're still whining about it.

Honestly, yeah.
T
Start doing it then
??

The world disagrees with you.

The 'world' doesn't get a say comrade, the covid 1984 scheme comes directly from our philanthropist $billionaire overlords (you can google 'event 201 Davos' if you like) and their willing puppets
Hospitals have been over run in many areas. Olympics cancelled, events done, travel bans everywhere... this isn’t a Bill Gates and Trump haters thing.

Actually it is, if the deep state MSM had just put out a few articles about a new flu virus that is especially dangerous to the elderly with underlying diseases nobody would have given a $hit and life would have gone on as always.
There is a problem that the whole world is taking seeiously except for a small few

Actually the problem is that the fearmongering isn't working that well anymore and the promised vaccin that will save us all isn't ready yet.... how are you going to convince people to get vaccinated if they don't believe they're going to die?

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Honestly, yeah.

I'm having trouble understanding why you would want that. It doesn't seem like a reasonable trade-off if we're comparing pros to cons.

Suppose you're working with a patient who definitely has covid. What are the pros and cons of wearing a mask when you work with that patient?

Pro: You're able to communicate more effectively.

Con: You're more likely to get sick.

What am I missing here? It doesn't seem like a reasonable trade-off.

Honestly, yeah.

I'm having trouble understanding why you would want that. It doesn't seem like a reasonable trade-off if we're comparing pros to cons.

Suppose you're working with a patient who definitely has covid. What are the pros and cons of wearing a mask when you work with that patient?

If I can't communicate effectively why he or she should stop whatever behavior it was that brought me into it, then I am more likely to end up grappling with them and pinning them down while a shot is administered.
Even if we're both wearing masks when that happens, it still raises my risk of infection, and it raises their chances of getting injured.

I'm a professional; the force I DON'T use is always preferred.

Honestly, yeah.

If I can't communicate effectively why he or she should stop whatever behavior it was that brought me into it, then I am more likely to end up grappling with them and pinning them down while a shot is administered.
Even if we're both wearing masks when that happens, it still raises my risk of infection, and it raises their chances of getting injured.

Is your communication that hindered by a mask? I wear one and I'm able to communicate fine with people when I'm out of the house.

What am I missing here?

A 3 digit IQ

A mask doesn't protect you from the evil virus, the best it can do is keeping other people 'safe' because you're not sneezing and coughing all over them

:coffee:
And if you're not sneezing and coughing, then it ain't even doing that.

Besides, when did sneezing or coughing without covering your mouth become okay?
Wtf, over?

Honestly, yeah.

Is your communication that hindered by a mask? I wear one and I'm able to communicate fine with people when I'm out of the house.
It can be, over 80% of human communication is nonverbal.
And many of them are on drugs, speak English poorly, or are hearing other voices in their heads.

I could just body slam and choke them all out but I don't think that's the best way to help them.

Forum List

Back