Michael Brown was 148 feet from Wilson as he was shot to death

What do you think shooting 12 shots at center mass at an "unarmed" suspect means?

Here's a good article about this issue. Apparently I'm not the only one that questions the issue of teaching cops to shoot to kill. Shooting center mass The dangers of denial

Wait a minute, you said that cops are "trained to hunt down and kill their prey" and now you are talking about how cops are trained to use their firearms. One has nothing to do with the other. It's like this with a LOT of what you think man, you're all over the board with speculations and wild-ass assumptions which you can't support with any relative facts. Not only that, but you seem to jump from one false speculation to another without any consideration of reality. You've quite clearly gone off the deep end.
Only a MORON would think teaching someone to shoot TWELVE SHOTS CENTER MASS ON AN UNARMED TEEN IS NOT TEACHING THEM TO HUNT DOWN AND KILL THEIR PREY.
Wrong as usual. He fired 12 shots because he was in danger and was taught to fire until the danger is gone. The fact he did not shot while brown ran away, the fact he stopped firing when brown stopped charging him all prove he was following that training and that he did not want to kill Brown and fired only in self defense.

What do you think shooting 12 shots at center mass at an "unarmed" suspect means?

Here's a good article about this issue. Apparently I'm not the only one that questions the issue of teaching cops to shoot to kill. Shooting center mass The dangers of denial

Wait a minute, you said that cops are "trained to hunt down and kill their prey" and now you are talking about how cops are trained to use their firearms. One has nothing to do with the other. It's like this with a LOT of what you think man, you're all over the board with speculations and wild-ass assumptions which you can't support with any relative facts. Not only that, but you seem to jump from one false speculation to another without any consideration of reality. You've quite clearly gone off the deep end.
Only a MORON would think teaching someone to shoot TWELVE SHOTS CENTER MASS ON AN UNARMED TEEN IS NOT TEACHING THEM TO HUNT DOWN AND KILL THEIR PREY.
Wrong as usual. He fired 12 shots because he was in danger and was taught to fire until the danger is gone. The fact he did not shot while brown ran away, the fact he stopped firing when brown stopped charging him all prove he was following that training and that he did not want to kill Brown and fired only in self defense.
What happened to the training that teaches him to maintain distance? Out the window with the opportunity to fire some more rounds.

What happened to the training that teaches him to maintain distance? Out the window with the opportunity to fire some more rounds.
Wrong he was following until Brown turned and charged him he retreated as evidenced by the shell casing as he fired in self defense. You are the biggest liar and retard in this thread, and you keep getting stupider the longer the thread gets.

Wrong he was following until Brown turned and charged him he retreated as evidenced by the shell casing as he fired in self defense. You are the biggest liar and retard in this thread, and you keep getting stupider the longer the thread gets.
And why was the big fat kid with his pants down around his knees and multiple bullets in his body able to close ground on the cop? Why didn't the cop back up fast enough to keep distance? Why did the cop insist on killing the kid instead? Pride?

The cop was fast enough to close ground on the kid when he was chasing but not fast enough to keep that distance when the teen turned? Why?

No one that I am aware of teaches any other shooting technique. The proper way to use a firearm has nothing to do with deliberately stalking and killing prey. The fact that you want to set up a straw man which seems to imply there is a more suitable "liberal" way to use a firearm, shows how utterly split from reality you are. You NEVER point a firearm at someone unless you intend to kill them, and you learn this on Day 1 of firearm training.

Now... Learning how to effectively and properly use your firearm doesn't have diddly-squat to do with "hunting down and killing your prey." Police are simply NOT executioners working under protection of the law. They have no right or power to determine guilt or carry out sentencing. I do not wish to live in a society where that is the case. But... this IS the society you want to imagine that we DO live in. It's preposterous and astounding that someone could be so foolish. Seriously!

No one that I am aware of teaches any other shooting technique. The proper way to use a firearm has nothing to do with deliberately stalking and killing prey. The fact that you want to set up a straw man which seems to imply there is a more suitable "liberal" way to use a firearm, shows how utterly split from reality you are. You NEVER point a firearm at someone unless you intend to kill them, and you learn this on Day 1 of firearm training.

Now... Learning how to effectively and properly use your firearm doesn't have diddly-squat to do with "hunting down and killing your prey." Police are simply NOT executioners working under protection of the law. They have no right or power to determine guilt or carry out sentencing. I do not wish to live in a society where that is the case. But... this IS the society you want to imagine that we DO live in. It's preposterous and astounding that someone could be so foolish. Seriously!
Speaking of "straw-man" arguments.. The teen-ager WAS UNARMED AND ON FOOT. The COP was IN A SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE EQUIPPED WITH A RADIO. Saying he had no choice but to kill the UNARMED TEEN IS LUDICROUS.

Being taught to shoot center mass IS THE SAME AS BEING TAUGHT TO KILL. What possible other outcome are you expecting?

You are expecting me to agree that the ARMED COP IN THE SUV IS THE VICTIM THAT HAD TO DEFEND HIMSELF OR DIE?

Speaking of "straw-man" arguments.. The teen-ager WAS UNARMED AND ON FOOT. The COP was IN A SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE EQUIPPED WITH A RADIO. Saying he had no choice but to kill the UNARMED TEEN IS LUDICROUS.

Being taught to shoot center mass IS THE SAME AS BEING TAUGHT TO KILL. What possible other outcome are you expecting?

You are expecting me to agree that the ARMED COP IN THE SUV IS THE VICTIM THAT HAD TO DEFEND HIMSELF OR DIE?

Yes!

Oh yes... Wilson was in one of those SUVs the evil rich Koch-Brother-Neocon-Bush-Loving rightwing Tea Party bastards want to pour our fossil fuels into and destroy the planet with global warming.... I forgot about that... surprised there isn't more being said about that! :dunno:

Wilson testified that he was attacked and assaulted. That Brown attempted to take is gun. The GJ heard all the testimony from witnesses who saw everything that happened and reviewed the evidence of shell casings, autopsy reports, etc., and concluded his account was accurate.

Your speculations on what Wilson MIGHT have done, or COULD have done, have no bearing. We don't condemn and imprison people on the basis of what they might have been able to do. They are judged on the basis of what they actually did do and whether the law justified it. In this case, the law justified what Wilson did.

Yes!
Eggzactly. And if an ARMED COP IN AN SUV IS A VICTIM THAT HAS TO DEFEND HIMSELF OR DIE FROM AN UNARMED TEEN, then that's not the type of person that we should have policing the streets. Policing the streets does not mean putting unarmed teens in pine boxes.

RKMBrown:Being taught to shoot center mass IS THE SAME AS BEING TAUGHT TO KILL. What possible other outcome are you expecting?

That's not what you said, Bubby! You claimed the cops are trained to "hunt down and kill prey" and that is what I have a problem with. As I said, anyone who has ever taken firearm training understands the very FIRST thing they teach you is to never EVER point a gun at someone you don't intend to kill. But that is a FAR cry from "hunting down and killing prey!"

Your speculations on what Wilson MIGHT have done, or COULD have done, have no bearing.
Correct.

We don't condemn and imprison people on the basis of what they might have been able to do.
That is correct, we don't condemn or imprison people on the basis of what they might have been able to do. However, we do kill on the basis of what they might have been able to do. Wilson quite literally killed this teen on the basis of what the teen might have been able to do.

They are judged on the basis of what they actually did do and whether the law justified it.
Exactly my point. Wilson is the law, he judged the teen, convicted him, and executed him on spot.

In this case, the law justified what Wilson did.
Incorrect. The law decided there was not enough evidence to support an indictment. That is not the same as justifying it.

RKMBrown:Being taught to shoot center mass IS THE SAME AS BEING TAUGHT TO KILL. What possible other outcome are you expecting?

That's not what you said, Bubby! You claimed the cops are trained to "hunt down and kill prey" and that is what I have a problem with. As I said, anyone who has ever taken firearm training understands the very FIRST thing they teach you is to never EVER point a gun at someone you don't intend to kill. But that is a FAR cry from "hunting down and killing prey!"
Sorry I'm a hunter, my prey is the target of my weapon the purpose of which is to kill that which I am hunting. You don't like the terms I picked. But it's the same thing. Wilson was armed and chasing down his target (prey) it's the an appropriate metaphor. You can call Brown the suspect, or target, or prey it's all the same thing. Yes in this case the "prey" was a predator.. but unarmed nonetheless.

Policing the streets does not mean putting unarmed teens in pine boxes.

Sure it does... IF the unarmed teen assaults an officer and attempts to take his gun. That's exactly where we need to send such a teen before they instigate any worse crime. I'd go a step further and say we need to put a few of you "protesters" in pine boxes as well, to protect society from your complete idiocy.

Your speculations on what Wilson MIGHT have done, or COULD have done, have no bearing.
Correct.

We don't condemn and imprison people on the basis of what they might have been able to do.
That is correct, we don't condemn or imprison people on the basis of what they might have been able to do. However, we do kill on the basis of what they might have been able to do. Wilson quite literally killed this teen on the basis of what the teen might have been able to do.

They are judged on the basis of what they actually did do and whether the law justified it.
Exactly my point. Wilson is the law, he judged the teen, convicted him, and executed him on spot.

Incorrect. The law decided there was not enough evidence to support an indictment. That is not the same as justifying it.

Yep... Same Thing!

Policing the streets does not mean putting unarmed teens in pine boxes.

Sure it does... IF the unarmed teen assaults an officer and attempts to take his gun. That's exactly where we need to send such a teen before they instigate any worse crime. I'd go a step further and say we need to put a few of you "protesters" in pine boxes as well, to protect society from your complete idiocy.
Quoted for "posterity."

Correct.

Yep... Same Thing!
You can't prove a positive with a negative... rolls eyes...

Yes!
Eggzactly. And if an ARMED COP IN AN SUV IS A VICTIM THAT HAS TO DEFEND HIMSELF OR DIE FROM AN UNARMED TEEN, then that's not the type of person that we should have policing the streets. Policing the streets does not mean putting unarmed teens in pine boxes.

Putting an unarmed 6' 4" 250 pound young men that attempts to take your gun from you so he can put you in a pine box is reason enough to return the favor.

Yes!

Putting unarmed 6' 4" 350 pound young men that attempt to take your gun from you so they can put you in a pine box is reason enough to return the favor.
What makes you think this teen wanted to kill this cop? The tiny little raspberry on his rosy red cheek? Please tell me you haven't killed everyone that gave you a little love tap raspberry.

Yes!

Putting unarmed 6' 4" 350 pound young men that attempt to take your gun from you so they can put you in a pine box is reason enough to return the favor.
What makes you think this teen wanted to kill this cop? The tiny little raspberry on his rosy red cheek? Please tell me you haven't killed everyone that gave you a little love tap raspberry.

I suggest that the next time you see a police officer that you pop him in the face and try to take his gun away from him. Let me know how that works out for you. (if you are able)

Forum List

Back