Michael Flynn Withdraws Guilty Plea – Cites DOJ “bad faith, vindictiveness & breach of plea agreemen

He wasn’t “preparing” he was engaging in policy.
Thats a matter of opinion

Flynn was talking to the russians about future US policy

Otherwise known as engaging in policy.
No

flynn could only talk about future policy rather than sign a treaty

That’s called making policy.

Well, clearly you are mad as hell at Jon Kerry then, and calling for his prosecution too, right?

Prosecution for what, exactly?

Flynn cannot make policy

hes only an advisor to the president

but he can talk to russians

Good point. Which is why Flynn was in contact with high level Trump officials (who are unnamed in the indictment) to determine what their policy was so that he could relay it to the ambassador.
I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this

if flynn had done the same thing for president elect hillary he would never have been touched by the FBI

He wouldn’t have been touched by the FBI because Clinton would not have told Flynn to relay policy directives to the Russians since she is not as uninformed about presidential transitions as Trump was.

So, was Obama equally as misinformed when he had Michael McFaul do the exact same things?
What exactly did McFaul do?

Flynn cannot make policy

hes only an advisor to the president

but he can talk to russians

Good point. Which is why Flynn was in contact with high level Trump officials (who are unnamed in the indictment) to determine what their policy was so that he could relay it to the ambassador.
I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this

if flynn had done the same thing for president elect hillary he would never have been touched by the FBI

He wouldn’t have been touched by the FBI because Clinton would not have told Flynn to relay policy directives to the Russians since she is not as uninformed about presidential transitions as Trump was.
Wouldnt she?

swamp rats who are tight with the Deep State can do anything they want
One president at a time.

Thats a matter of opinion

Flynn was talking to the russians about future US policy

No

Well, clearly you are mad as hell at Jon Kerry then, and calling for his prosecution too, right?

You're kidding right?

"Before Trump’s decision in May to withdraw from the 2015 Iran nuclear deal — which had lifted some economic sanctions on Iran so long as Iran discontinued its pursuit of nuclear weapons — Kerry worked behind the scenes to preserve the pact, according to a May 4 report by the Boston Globe detailing the quiet lobbying efforts as described by anonymous sources.

Specifically, Kerry met with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif and made several phone calls to European officials and members of Congress in an effort to rescue the deal. Kerry, who was the nuclear deal’s chief architect under President Barack Obama, said during an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt that he met with Zarif three or four times to discuss the agreement.

Kerry’s private meetings have sparked an outcry from congressional Republicans, who say he may have undermined U.S. foreign policy interests. On Sept. 18, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., sent a letter asking the Justice Department to investigate the meetings, according to a press release."

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article219353405.html

No

You're kidding right?

"Before Trump’s decision in May to withdraw from the 2015 Iran nuclear deal — which had lifted some economic sanctions on Iran so long as Iran discontinued its pursuit of nuclear weapons — Kerry worked behind the scenes to preserve the pact, according to a May 4 report by the Boston Globe detailing the quiet lobbying efforts as described by anonymous sources.

Specifically, Kerry met with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif and made several phone calls to European officials and members of Congress in an effort to rescue the deal. Kerry, who was the nuclear deal’s chief architect under President Barack Obama, said during an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt that he met with Zarif three or four times to discuss the agreement.

Kerry’s private meetings have sparked an outcry from congressional Republicans, who say he may have undermined U.S. foreign policy interests. On Sept. 18, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., sent a letter asking the Justice Department to investigate the meetings, according to a press release."

Flynn was prosecuted for lying about his conversations with the Russian ambassador, not for having them.

I guess you didn’t know that.

Once again to be clear on what Flynn lies about....he said January instead of June.

This is never specifically reported in the media, that he pled guilty to perjury for lying to the FBI.

I am not saying he didn’t lie or misspeak as Pelosi calls lying with it’s a Democrat...and I am not judging the severity of the lie. I am merely pointing out the specific lie for information sake.

Even the linked indictment above apparently was not read by anyone?

It is the second time he has tried this weak ass move, the last time the judge slapped him down and said nope, same will likely happen again.

And this is a judge he does not want to piss off...

All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national security advisor to the president of the United States,” Sullivan told Flynn, referring to the other case, for which Flynn was not charged.

“That undermines everything this flag over here stands for,” the judge said. “Arguably you sold your country out.”

Sullivan told Flynn that if he did not accept an offer to postpone his ongoing sentencing hearing, “I cannot assure you that if you proceed today, you will not receive a sentence of incarceration.”

“This is a very serious offense,” said Sullivan.

“A high ranking senior official of the government making false statements to the Federal Bureau of Investigation while in the White House,” Sullivan said.

“Very serious crime,” Sullivan told the 60-year-old retired Army lieutenant general. “Can’t minimize that.”

I’m not hiding my disgust, my disdain,” the judge said.
Michael Flynn sentencing delayed as judge tells ex-Trump official: 'You sold your country out'

My question is why is the judge threatening him over crimes he has not been charged with? Seems unprofessional to me.
The prosecution can add charges at any time....

No

You're kidding right?

Flynn was prosecuted for lying about his conversations with the Russian ambassador, not for having them.

Um No....Flynn was prosecuted because he forgot a date....And they threatened his son to get him to plead....

You're kidding right?

Um No....Flynn was prosecuted because he forgot a date....And they threatened his son to get him to plead....
Correct, well, kind of. Flynn wasn’t prosecuted for forgetting a date. He was prosecuted for denying he did a thing he totally did.

Since Kerry never lied to the FBI about what he did, then the fact that I haven’t called for his prosecution is irrelevant.

Well, ANOTHER unexpected turn of events, after HOW MANY TIMES was his sentencing delayed or postponed....GO GENERAL FLYNN...Let's have NEW DISCOVERY in this part of this fiasco!!!!!

------------

Moments ago, citing prosecutorial vindictiveness and the DOJ changing their position on sentencing, lawyers for Lt. General Michael Flynn filed a motion to withdraw the guilty plea. (pdf link – PDF embed link below)

This is good news. Withdrawing the plea will now force the government to prove its case.(which I am sure is the furthest thing the government wants to do with all the DemonRAT primaries coming up!)

(Excerpt) Read more at theconservativetreehouse.com ...
LOL...
Too late. It's been adjudicated. He's convicted.

Well, ANOTHER unexpected turn of events, after HOW MANY TIMES was his sentencing delayed or postponed....GO GENERAL FLYNN...Let's have NEW DISCOVERY in this part of this fiasco!!!!!

------------

Moments ago, citing prosecutorial vindictiveness and the DOJ changing their position on sentencing, lawyers for Lt. General Michael Flynn filed a motion to withdraw the guilty plea. (pdf link – PDF embed link below)

This is good news. Withdrawing the plea will now force the government to prove its case.(which I am sure is the furthest thing the government wants to do with all the DemonRAT primaries coming up!)

(Excerpt) Read more at theconservativetreehouse.com ...
The illegal Deep State ruined Flynn financially

Even if he goes free his life is ruined

True, Flynn is officially bankrupt.....thanks for your 30-years of service general. Enjoy your stay in prison . I hope Trump pardons him soon.

His service does not absolve him.

You're kidding right?

Correct, well, kind of. Flynn wasn’t prosecuted for forgetting a date. He was prosecuted for denying he did a thing he totally did.

Since Kerry never lied to the FBI about what he did, then the fact that I haven’t called for his prosecution is irrelevant.

:icon_rolleyes: Of course it is to you, because to people like you only Republican's deserve to be under that spotlight...:th_spinspin:

You're kidding right?

:icon_rolleyes: Of course it is to you, because to people like you only Republican's deserve to be under that spotlight...:th_spinspin:

Dems are under the spotlight all the time. You just never find anything.

You're kidding right?

Did Kerry try to cover up his actions? Flynn did

You lost the thread here, champ. You’re flailing.

You're kidding right?

Aw BS....You crooked MFers had the system rigged for decades, but with Trump appointing judges at record pace, and another 5 years to do so, you're about to get your due....Enjoy it shitbirds.

You're kidding right?

Hmmm....Didn't know it was up for winning or losing...So if you think you won, what'd you win?

Anyway, absolutely Kerry tried to cover up...

Aw BS....You crooked MFers had the system rigged for decades, but with Trump appointing judges at record pace, and another 5 years to do so, you're about to get your due....Enjoy it shitbirds.

And yet, after 3 years y’all still have nothing.

You were lied to.

Hmmm....Didn't know it was up for winning or losing...So if you think you won, what'd you win?

Anyway, absolutely Kerry tried to cover up...

I didn’t say “lost” to mean winning/losing. I mean “lost” as in you’re deep in the forest and have no idea how you got there and no idea how to get home.

Kerry did interviews and talked about his meetings. If he’s covering it up, he’s awfully bad at it.

Forum List

Back