Michelle Obama: Being First Lady is like living in a ‘really nice prison’

very little privacy, constantly surrounded by armed guards, under constant surveillance, highly controlled schedule...

you guys are really going to pretend that there aren't any similarities? or that the comment was anything other than a joke?

are you that petty?

The difference is, the obamas volunteered for the job. It's not like they didn't know and if they were so stupid they really didn't know what being president is like, they assuredly knew when obama ran for a second term.

There is no highly controlled schedule. The obamas set the schedule themselves.

Their schedule is a bit easier now that they don't have to endure the unwashed public being able to tour the White House.

very little privacy, constantly surrounded by armed guards, under constant surveillance, highly controlled schedule...

you guys are really going to pretend that there aren't any similarities? or that the comment was anything other than a joke?

are you that petty?

The difference is, the obamas volunteered for the job. It's not like they didn't know and if they were so stupid they really didn't know what being president is like, they assuredly knew when obama ran for a second term.

right. there are no demands on their time, they never have to do things they don't want, and if either of them decided on a whim to run down to the local 7-11 they could just grab the car keys and make the junket in 10 minutes.

They signed up for the right to roust some slob out of bed to make a 7-11 fun for them.

are you that petty?

Their schedule is a bit easier now that they don't have to endure the unwashed public being able to tour the White House.

That was Harry Reid letting that cat out of the bag. The whole excuse of sequester might have been to keep smelly tourists out of the white house.

Reid: Capitol Visitor Center Will Minimize 'Smell' of Tourists | Fox News

are you that petty?

Obama CHOSE to run for President, and his Awful Wife supported him. That is far different than involuntary incarceration...and quite disingenuous to claim equivalency.

I agree.

It's good that the 1st lady never made that claim:)

are you that petty?

Obama CHOSE to run for President, and his Awful Wife supported him. That is far different than involuntary incarceration...and quite disingenuous to claim equivalency.

you must be a lot of fun to go to comedy clubs with.

eta: also, set term, with the possibility of early parole ;)

This is funny only if you think that the office is a joke.

I think Michelle has valid reasons to feel like a prisoner and it's most likely not what everybody thinks.

Still, this is one thing a respect for history usually keeps First Ladies from saying in public. At least Hillary had enough class not to.

you must be a lot of fun to go to comedy clubs with.

eta: also, set term, with the possibility of early parole ;)

You must be very sad to see the styrofoam pillars melting and the unicorn horn rotting away.

Lmao!!!!!

are you that petty?

The subconscious stuff we hear coming out from the RWrs on threads like this.....:eusa_whistle:

I live a very dull life here... indeed I think I am more like a state prisoner than anything else.
history

Who said that? If it's Hillary then I stand corrected. She doesn't have the class.

If she's bored Michelle has every right to buy an XBOX and meet me at "Gotham City Imposters" 530 pm Eastern where I'll be happy to spank that ass.

The subconscious stuff we hear coming out from the RWrs on threads like this.....:eusa_whistle:

Nope, it's more "In Your Face" kind of stuff.

The holier than thou attitude of the current tenants of the White House tends to bring that out of at least semi-concious voters.

I live a very dull life here... indeed I think I am more like a state prisoner than anything else.
history

Who said that? If it's Hillary then I stand corrected. She doesn't have the class.

If she's bored Michelle has every right to buy an XBOX and meet me at "Gotham City Imposters" 530 pm Eastern where I'll be happy to spank that ass.

martha washington

I'm ashamed of my country

im ashamed of you...

Anyways i can understand her point of view. Your life is under a microscope so you really can't do anything without someone watching you.

Its not being ungrateful like the moronic OP thinks.

My, what (conveniently) short memories some people have? Can't remember all the obamabots who howled loudest and longest about a secretly recorded private comment made in jest by a former presidential candidate?
Gravy for the goose...

The other day in Tanzania Africa Michelle Obama stated that the White House was a prison.

So glad she thinks so highly of her position as First Lady that her irreverence for the institution and this country makes her feel like an inmate.

Strange how these little off the cuff statements show the true mental state of the First Family. Perhaps she needs to be issued a Teleprompter like her husband.

She certainly needs better handlers. I'm guessing her current keepers consider dressing her up in snazzy costumes will dazzle the audience sufficiently that her remarks will be disregarded.

The other day in Tanzania Africa Michelle Obama stated that the White House was a prison.

So glad she thinks so highly of her position as First Lady that her irreverence for the institution and this country makes her feel like an inmate.

Strange how these little off the cuff statements show the true mental state of the First Family. Perhaps she needs to be issued a Teleprompter like her husband.

I really think she was subliminally, however ungraciously, speaking of her marriage. She is not a happily married woman. Who is, when your hubby's life is devoted, no longer to the marriage, but to politics.

Without her husband, she wouldn't be where she is today. She certainly would not be globe-trotting with all her peeps and spending money like there was no bottom to the trough if she had to pull the cash out of her own pocket. And those people in Africa so eager to experience her "wisdom" would give two shits for her if she weren't married to The Man. Hilary certainly learned to deal with her husband's "infidelities".

are you that petty?

So, you are admitting this couple had little idea what the job he was applying for entailed? And life as First Lady being so horrible, why did she up for a second term, too?

are you that petty?

right. there are no demands on their time, they never have to do things they don't want, and if either of them decided on a whim to run down to the local 7-11 they could just grab the car keys and make the junket in 10 minutes.

Really, Mrs. American Fitness, Michelle tooling down to the local 7-11 for a bag of pork rinds, some Pringles, and a Slurpee? Oh, wait....

are you that petty?

Pretty amazing, how that had to be cut from the budget and the world jaunts did not? Imagine what a sty the place must be by now?
You can take the thugs out of the hood...

Forum List

Back