Michelle Obama: Being First Lady is like living in a ‘really nice prison’

I'm ashamed of my country

im ashamed of you...

Anyways i can understand her point of view. Your life is under a microscope so you really can't do anything without someone watching you.

Its not being ungrateful like the moronic OP thinks.

I bet the BUSHs are on their own dime !!

Given to them from the govt.

The BUSHs had money long before they were in government .. Just saying

They didn't use it the over half dozen times they visited Africa during George's two terms. Your selective "outrage" (ODS) is noted.

During Bush’s second term alone, Laura Bush made five “goodwill” trips to Africa. President Bush made the trip twice during his presidency. Here is former First Lady Bush at an event the night before their trip in 2008, “Tomorrow, President Bush and I leave for what will be my fifth trip to Africa since 2001, and his second trip to Africa since 2001. I’ve seen the determination of the people across Africa — and the compassion of the people of the United States of America.”[...]

In 2007, Laura Bush also took her daughters with her, and they went on a safari. You know, the same kind of outing that President Obama just canceled.

Cost of Obama’s Trip is Dwarfed By George And Laura Bush’s Africa Spending Spree

The other day in Tanzania Africa Michelle Obama stated that the White House was a prison.

So glad she thinks so highly of her position as First Lady that her irreverence for the institution and this country makes her feel like an inmate.

Strange how these little off the cuff statements show the true mental state of the First Family. Perhaps she needs to be issued a Teleprompter like her husband.

The other day in Tanzania Africa Michelle Obama stated that the White House was a prison.

So glad she thinks so highly of her position as First Lady that her irreverence for the institution and this country makes her feel like an inmate.

Strange how these little off the cuff statements show the true mental state of the First Family. Perhaps she needs to be issued a Teleprompter like her husband.

I really think she was subliminally, however ungraciously, speaking of her marriage. She is not a happily married woman. Who is, when your hubby's life is devoted, no longer to the marriage, but to politics.

Last edited:

I really thing she was speaking of her marriage. She is not a happily married woman. Who is, when your hubby's life is devoted, no longer to the marriage, but to politics.

This is the correct motorcycle.

She acts out her unhappiness in her marriage by living large on the taxpayer dime.

Last edited:

I really thing she was speaking of her marriage. She is not a happily married woman. Who is, when your hubby's life is devoted, no longer to the marriage, but to politics.

She acts out her unhappiness in her marrige by living large on the taxpayer dime.

The ladies here beamed in on this like Lazors.

I felt that might be the underlying cause of the statement too.

She acts out her unhappiness in her marrige by living large on the taxpayer dime.

The ladies here beamed in on this like Lazors.

I felt that might be the underlying cause of the statement too.

I've seen similar dynamics among married executives in Silicon Valley. The unhappy wife turns into a spendaholic...and if there is a liquidity event (IPO, buy out), the wife files for divorce and takes off with her pile of cash. It will be interesting to see if the Obama egos allow them to part ways.

So do the obamas.

So you're saying the obamas could afford to pay for their own vacations. If so, they should, and the expenses of various friends and relatives too. Why are we paying for 30 of Moo's friends to vacation again?

very little privacy, constantly surrounded by armed guards, under constant surveillance, highly controlled schedule...

you guys are really going to pretend that there aren't any similarities? or that the comment was anything other than a joke?

are you that petty?

very little privacy, constantly surrounded by armed guards, under constant surveillance, highly controlled schedule...

you guys are really going to pretend that there aren't any similarities? or that the comment was anything other than a joke?

are you that petty?

That's a rhetorical question, right?

are you that petty?

Obama CHOSE to run for President, and his Awful Wife supported him. That is far different than involuntary incarceration...and quite disingenuous to claim equivalency.

are you that petty?

Obama CHOSE to run for President, and his Awful Wife supported him. That is far different than involuntary incarceration...and quite disingenuous to claim equivalency.

you must be a lot of fun to go to comedy clubs with.

eta: also, set term, with the possibility of early parole ;)

are you that petty?

The difference is, the obamas volunteered for the job. It's not like they didn't know and if they were so stupid they really didn't know what being president is like, they assuredly knew when obama ran for a second term.

There is no highly controlled schedule. The obamas set the schedule themselves.

are you that petty?

you must be a lot of fun to go to comedy clubs with.

eta: also, set term, with the possibility of early parole ;)

You must be very sad to see the styrofoam pillars melting and the unicorn horn rotting away.

are you that petty?

The difference is, the obamas volunteered for the job. It's not like they didn't know and if they were so stupid they really didn't know what being president is like, they assuredly knew when obama ran for a second term.

There is no highly controlled schedule. The obamas set the schedule themselves.

right. there are no demands on their time, they never have to do things they don't want, and if either of them decided on a whim to run down to the local 7-11 they could just grab the car keys and make the junket in 10 minutes.

Forum List

Back