Michelle Obama: Being First Lady is like living in a ‘really nice prison’

Martha Washington said:
I think I am more like a state prisoner than anything else, there is certain bounds set for me which I must not depart from...

none of the wailers,moaners, or gnashers going to address this?

Hate to poopb on your parade but James Madison was the first prez to live in the White House. They also swore G. Washinton in at the Federal Building on WallStreet.

I think there have been some upgrades since Martha W's time as well.

you'll notice that martha wasn't complaining about living conditions or location - and neither was michelle.

Or you could complain about legitimate issues instead of made up ones.

I suppose we could talk about Global Warming or Gay-rights. That's more important.

This is legit.

At least to your average taxpayer.

Course you could give a flying-f.

You see......we hate hypocrisy. Under normal circumstances we wouldn't bother, but these folks have been living it up and yet Michelle dares to call it a prison. She is the last person on Earth to be doing that.

Last edited:

I suppose we could talk about Global Warming or Gay-rights. That's more important.

This is legit.

You see......we hate hypocrisy. Under normal circumstances we wouldn't bother, but these folks have been living it up and yet Michelle dares to call it a prison. She is the last person on Earth to be doing that.

This is not "legit". The 1st lady was asked if living in the White House was like living in a prison, and both she and Laura Bush did what I thought was a nice job of turing the oddball question into a lighthearted moment.

If you are really feeling outrage over it, I'd say its time you step away from the computer.

This is legit.

See, this is the kind of bullshit that shows us you're just a racist.

They have not lived it up any more than any other presidential families, and a lot less than some of our recent Republican ones.

This is legit.

They have not lived it up any more than any other presidential families, and a lot less than some of our recent Republican ones.

That is a matter of opinion. During Bush 41 the media showed the same video of him jetting off in a huge power boat to show how much time off he was taking. The same video over and over. Bush 43 rarely took time off and when he did he was usually clearing brush or riding a bike in some Wounded Warrior event......when he had the time. The media had to include weekends and time spent at Camp David in his vacation time to make it look like he was screwing off.

Seems the only thing Obama does is give speeches and go to fundraisers, parties, and dinners, when he's not traveling to Martha's Vinyard, Africa, the Bahamas, or Hawaii. Nobody knows where he was when Benghazi went down. Nobody. Last year and earlier this year they had a concert just about every other week in the White House.

The White House announced Tuesday that the 10th concert in its "In Performance at the White House" series would go on April 16. Set to perform are Al Green, Ben Harper, Queen Latifah, Cyndi Lauper and Justin Timberlake, among many others.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...dded-concert-despite-sequester/#ixzz2YNCR1WgL

Obama doesn't spend much time around the public. If you want to see him you have to pay. Anywhere from $2500 to tens of thousands. They like to sponsor these internet contests "Eat Dinner With The Obama's" which is just a new way of begging for donations. It's almost like Publisher's Clearinghouse. Nobody knows for sure who won and there is no evidence that anyone won. Bill Clinton was always accessible to the public but Obama is standoffish. Obama loves his privacy and that is evident from his shutting down of White House tours. If anything Obama's prison is of his own making more than anything.

Links

Fans resent lack of public Obama events - SFGate
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...owing-star-studded-concert-despite-sequester/
http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Cultur...0518/Obama-Carole-King-concert-at-White-House

Last edited:
Poor Michelle... Her life sounds like pure hell. She should take another Taxpayer funded vacation to lift her spirits.

That's why she's taking that extended summer break at Martha's Vinyard.

This is legit.

obama is the most expensive president in world history.

At 1.4 BILLION dollars a year, the obamas cost more than the entire British Royal family

This is legit.

obama is the most expensive president in world history.

At 1.4 BILLION dollars a year, the obamas cost more than the entire British Royal family

Well, we can understand that.......nobody wants to shoot them.

I don't want to shoot anyone, but Big Moo should certainly be given her freedom. If after 1.4 billion dollars a year she is still not satisifed and feels she's in prison, she deserves not to be punished further.

I don't want to shoot anyone, but Big Moo should certainly be given her freedom. If after 1.4 billion dollars a year she is still not satisifed and feels she's in prison, she deserves not to be punished further.

Alot of that money goes to keeping Obama and his family safe.

He's very paranoid. And he has a right to be these days. Course he was talking about fearing for his life even before he took office, but back then nobody had a reason to be angry at him other than your average kook. Now over half of America wants to punch him out or at least give him an ass-chewing.

Well my heart bleeds for MaBell..

but she thinks she is in a prison, we feel like we are in death camps with her and her hubbies reign over us..

lol

Last edited:
I have to admit, now that I've seen the whole video I don't think what Michelle said was out of line, but I think she needs to refrain from talking about living in a prison when it is a prison of their own choosing and they volunteered to live there......nevermind the fact they choose not to mix with the public anymore.......unless they're paying or win some contest to eat dinner with them. Nobody can get near them other than the very rich and the very famous.

Last edited:
Maybe when her sentence ends she can work her garden in Cuba
for instance.I'm sure she would love it there.

What Michelle Obama said was no big deal. She said it with humor but I suspect there was some truth in her words as she sees it. I already pointed out on one of those I-HATE-FOX-NEWS threads that people shouldn't take their anger to a knee jerk reactionary level. Anybody who is actually outraged by Michelle's statement needs to settle down and find some priorities. God knows I am not a huge Michelle Obama fan but we need to stop getting petty when it comes to every word uttered that can be misconstrued as a negative comment.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back