Michelle Obama: Being First Lady is like living in a ‘really nice prison’

Michelle Obama: Being First Lady is like living in a ?really nice prison? | WashingtonExaminer.com

IF is what she thinks is a really nice prison and allowed to go on endless vacations SIGN ME UP.. What an ungrateful person she is.

I have "been there" and she is right. You are a nobody and if you love your hubby, you miss him. There is never a sacred moment. They are on call 24/7 and the sad thing you come to grips with, is that they would "rather" be there than with you. They become addicted to the stimulation, and you are chopped livers, who must wear a smile, at all times, when seen with the man with whom you once enjoyed companionship and interests in common. Eyes are always upon you.

I have admired all First Lady's for hanging in there. Vacations and chefs and all other perks that come with prominence, mean nothing without a loving relationship, you contracted for on a marriage certificate. Vacations alone, if you are faithful to your man, are the loneliest times of all. Something huge is missing.

Some of us, do take off. :D

"To every question you may have, you are the answer. To every problem you have, you are the solution."

lol

we elected a president...not a first couple.

She can take her girls and move back home. The choice is all hers.

o_O

The 1st lady is an important part of POTUS and is often sent all over the world on diplomatic assignments. She really doesn't get to "take her kids and move out".

in my opinion, first ladies should not be sent anywhere on any assignments.... we did not elect them. We elect a president, not a first couple.

And yes, she can leave and move her kids home. She chooses not to. So bitching about it being a "nice prison" is bullshit.

I agree with that. She is desperately reaching out by being honest about her life and times. I am no fan of hers, but I understand her isolation, and I empathize. Riches do not bring happiness and she is a sad person and that does not make me happy. I know she would rather leave, than live in the way she is "instructed to." There are many ways the spirit can die in slavery.

I have never understood people's contempt for Michelle Obama, or any First Lady for that matter. Most First Ladies marry their partners long before they come to any prominence, and choose to stick by them later on, at the expense of a private life. Even if Michelle chose to move out she would still be the President's wife, and therefore be under constant scrutiny, as well as Secret Service protection. If Obama's half brother in Africa can't escape the media, what chance does his wife have?

I think her comment about her not being proud of her country until Obama was elected
did it.For me at least from that point on I don't like her much at all...

I think her comment about her not being proud of her country until Obama was elected

And many Republicans suddenly don't like their country now that he is President. Funny how that works. :eusa_whistle:

And many Republicans suddenly don't like their country now that he is President. Funny how that works. :eusa_whistle:

Silly thing to say.

The House remained in republican hands because America wants the check in place.

We don't like the "fundamental transformation" he is foisting on us.

Silly thing to say.

The House remained in republican hands because America wants the check in place.

We don't like the "fundamental transformation" he is foisting on us.

Dig up some old post-election threads, and see how many Republicans state how ashamed of their country they are. I can almost guarantee you there are many of them.

Yes, same here. It was the first time I heard her speak in public, on TV, and it was very telling....

Forum List

Back