Walking in the morning while being black.

But what crime did they believe was committed and on what grounds or evidence or witness?

Cops certainly are trained in basics, for this type of situation...where a person stopped gets agitated and HOW to de-escalate.... And what the citizen's rights are, what they can demand or not...I

The citizen is NOT TRAINED, does not serve the public, nor is paid by the public....serving all of it... including this man as a cop does, the citizen has freedom of speech, freedom to move about for the most part etc etc etc.

So, it is not on the citizen stopped, to keep things calm....it is the trained for the situation policeman's job...imo.
Kidnapping of a child, burglary, contributing, outstanding warrants, ect

All the cops were asking for was a name and address which the man refused to give

He was definitely being evasive

As I also posted similar way way back. Far too quick on the cuffs.
And the guy should have responded with "am I being detained, if so what crime do you suspect I've committed?" Then "I dont answer questions", then stand there and say nothing. I dont know why anyone would answer questions posed by LEO in that situation. They are fishing and you shouldnt ever take the bait.

I dont think the cops were wrong to question the man

But when he started running his mouth instead of cooperating they got impatient and took him down a little bit too soon

They should have asked more questions of him and the child before taking out the handcuffs

But he was definitely an asshole if not s criminal

The video is incomplete and we need more info
That man had no obligation to answer any of the cops questions.
These personal opinions, instead of following the law, is why small counties and insurance companies are paying OUT THE ASS to first and second amendment auditors in this country. Lots of shitty cops getting fired.
Good.

Kidnapping of a child, burglary, contributing, outstanding warrants, ect

All the cops were asking for was a name and address which the man refused to give

He was definitely being evasive
Thats not the law. Why would you want cops to abuse their power? You are literally advocating for it.

They have to be able to articulate a crime. Walking around in public isnt a crime.
There may not have been a crime at all

Believe it or not the cops are not looking to arrest everyone they see

He could have cooperated but chose not to

There may not have been a crime at all

Believe it or not the cops are not looking to arrest everyone they see

He could have cooperated but chose not to

So because he didn't provide an ID which he is legally not required to do and the cops are legally not allowed to use as justification for detention or arrest he didn't cooperate in your head?

You are the reason the word fascist is batted around so liberally.

Lets shut down the Country and riot because a Cop made a “mistake” at work. Lets fire both cops and ban their children from public school and shut their parents bank accounts like they are Trump supporters.

Lets award the perp $10mil and free Ivy league College for the poor kid for life! Cancel those silly warrants. But you all make sure you pay your deep state obligations on time.

None of you all ever made a mistake at work, of that I’m certain.
Firing both officers, as a message to other officers, would be sufficient, and might save taxpayers the burden of lawsuit payouts.

Forum List

Back