Michelle Obama covers those famous arms in '$12,000' Carolina Herrera gown at the Whi

Hey, they are the king and Queen so they are Entitled

don't forget they came from poor black family

"Sally Quin, who writes about religion for a blog at The Washington Post, told CNN: 'I think that dress probably cost around $12,000. But that's just my guess."

I dont care how much she spent if she spent her own money. But then I dont want her lecturing me about how she and her husband fight against the elites when they are elites.

I dont care how much she spent if she spent her own money. But then I dont want her lecturing me about how she and her husband fight against the elites when they are elites.

Imo, that's a valid pt. But, I don't recall Obama posing as anything but an elitist.

On the broader issue, imo it's amusing that this same issue arises over, and over, again with different administrations. Is the first couple the first couple of middle class conservatism, as were the Eisenhowers and Carters, or are they also our royalty, as were the Kennedys and Reagans.

I find that irrelevant and more a question of the first couples's tastes.

She looks great

All real Americans should be proud

Lipstick on a pig-------------Sorry, RW, she does not "look great". Neither does Hillary, no amount of money could make either of them "look great".

As to "proud" did you say you were proud of any other first ladies when they dressed up in one-time clothes that cost more than your car?

It doesn't look like the pig was wearing lipstick. It looked like she had chocolate smeared around her mouth. :eek:

Michelle Obama covers those famous arms in '$12,000' Carolina Herrera gown at the White House state dinner

Mrs. Antoinette is wearing a dress that costs more then the US poverty level. Which is OK if that is what they want to do but they don't need to by hypocrites and say they are "champions of the middle class." They are definitely 1 percenters.

If we paid for it, it's a problem....if she paid for it, what's the problem? Are you for telling people what they can or cannot buy, now?

I saw a documentary on the WH a few months ago and if they even order a hamburger from the kitchen, they get billed for it. We don't pay for their clothing or anything that would be considered personal expenses.

Everyone should follow the example of Laura Bush and buy their gowns at K Mart

lbush5.jpg

$24.95 Blue Light Special

So typical of the left wing, say they are for the middle class/poor then make fun of them. Not that Laura Bush is poor but the poor do shop at Kmart. Queen Antoinette shops elsewhere.

One thing we don't need worry about. The Antoinettes won't give a crap what people think as did Nancy Reagan.

In the documentary I saw, Nance was appalled that her clothing and extras she wanted weren't paid for by the taxpayers.

In the documentary I saw, Queen Antoinette was appalled that the UFO only delivered a 12000 dollar dress.

They are the elites, he's the president. Some here just don't think he deserves to have anything because he's Black. They think the Obamas are uppity.

"Sally Quin, who writes about religion for a blog at The Washington Post, told CNN: 'I think that dress probably cost around $12,000. But that's just my guess."

Like you I suspect the dress is worth a whole lot more.

They are the elites, he's the president. Some here just don't think he deserves to have anything because he's Black. They think the Obamas are uppity.

Color has nothing to do with it except maybe to you. The difference is that they try and play both ends. They are the champions of the middle class, they hate the 1 percenters yet they are not middle class and they are one of the 1 percenters and they make sure we know it.

Color has nothing to do with it except maybe to you. The difference is that they try and play both ends. They are the champions of the middle class, they hate the 1 percenters yet they are not middle class and they are one of the 1 percenters and they make sure we know it.

Sure. :cuckoo:

One thing we don't need worry about. The Antoinettes won't give a crap what people think as did Nancy Reagan.

In the documentary I saw, Nance was appalled that her clothing and extras she wanted weren't paid for by the taxpayers.

I recall when Reagan did away with many of Carter's frugalities that were installed because 'times were tough." Malaise.

The myth of Reagan grew after him, though he did embrace an econ view that benefitted us, and which today's gop doesn't follow. Still, really what he did was he was a leader who made us proud to be Americans again.

An exceedingly stupid, and parochial, thread.

Everyone should follow the example of Laura Bush and buy their gowns at K Mart

lbush5.jpg

$24.95 Blue Light Special

Why do you make fun of the vast majority of american women who cannot afford $12,000 for a dress to wear one time?

I agree with you.

Laura Bush knew how to dress "spiffy"

What is the word for Michelle Obama? Uppity?

Does she think she is better than us?

Forum List

Back