Kamala doesn't know history much less how economics works..

Ohhh bullshit. When they see a valid reason to raise prices they tack on a little extra because who can sort out what is extra when all people know is that prices are going up
/---/ Open a business so we can see how you mark things up.

Aside from all the standard partisan bullshittery here...

One of my brothers and I just took a deep dive into Kroger Grocery's (Ticker KR) income statement. I had seen that their stock price had been fairly flat over the last couple of years, which would be weird if they were gouging.

According to their numbers, their profit margins have also stayed flat, at a little over 2.0%. That means that the increases had been coming up through the supply chains and feeding on themselves.

So if a Harris administration wants to stop gouging, they'll have to dig. And if the increases are indeed all along the supply chains, gouging will be tough as hell to prove. This is what it looks like when inflation feeds on itself.
Totally agree specifically with supermarkets' net profit margin.

"The industry average is between one and three percent, far below other retail sectors.
With such lean margins, grocery stores rely on high sales volume and inventory turnover to thrive."

So Cost Of GoodS (COGS) is by far the biggest expense at 68%
One of the big expense of COGS is the delivery of goods to the stores.
Almost all of it by trucks using diesel fuel...
In 2024 gallon of diesel fuel costs $3.92
In January 2021 gallon diesel costs $2.681
An increase of 46%.
And folks here is ONE MAJOR cause of this 46% increase... even though USA oil production is at record amounts:
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

Why would this idiot tell Americans he was guaranteeing to get rid of oil, i.e. diesel fuel, gasoline, etc. ?
All that did was cost the oil companies MORE money to build refineries, find oil, etc... so they pass that cost on..
today 46% increase on diesel is being felt by every American directly or indirectly!
Hence the cost of food delivery to supermarkets!

I own a business jackass
I own a business jackass
So as a business owner do you spend over 68% of your revenue on goods?
Or do you spend over 68% on salaries?

Federal regulations alone are estimated to cost the American economy as much as $1.9 trillion a year in direct costs, lost productivity, and higher prices.
The costs to smaller businesses with 50 employees or fewer are nearly 20% higher than the average for all firms.

Small businesses pay on average $11,700 per year per employee in regulatory costs, and the costs of regulation to smaller businesses with 50 employees or less are nearly 20% higher than they are for the average firm. The regulatory costs of federal economically significant rules to small businesses amount to over $40 billion per year.

And now you appear to support the "price-gouging" of Kamala.
You realize that her efforts WILL INCREASE YOUR business costs in rules and regulations.

By the way you are evidently not aware that Trump that "asshole" Trump administration in 2020 alone dropped 3 rules and regulations for every one new one. There are now over 200,000 pages

So Trump knows as "billionaire" businessperson how much $$ "rules and regulations" cost our economy!
Also I guess you weren't in favor of the following chart?
TrumpTaxcutsbenefitsCBO.png

Forum List

Back