Michelle Obama Lunch Rules Ban Fried Foods, Frosted Flakes in Daycare

Providing toddlers with healthful food so they don't end up fat like 40% of American adults? OUTRAGE!!!!! Oh, the huge manatee!

Government need not control us in this manner. Not their business

-Geaux

Society decides how it wants to be. If you look at other countries they have made these decisions, and they're healthier for it.

The problem in the US is that no one trusts politicians. It's strange, because people keep voting mindlessly for the same people time and time and time again, and then bitch and moan about these people telling them what to do.

Really I don't get why people vote for the main two parties.

Providing toddlers with healthful food so they don't end up fat like 40% of American adults? OUTRAGE!!!!! Oh, the huge manatee!

-Geaux

Society decides how it wants to be. If you look at other countries they have made these decisions, and they're healthier for it.

The problem in the US is that no one trusts politicians. It's strange, because people keep voting mindlessly for the same people time and time and time again, and then bitch and moan about these people telling them what to do.

I expose and show disdain when folks compare us to other countries when trying to emphasize a point. My thread about Homosexuality and the 11 arrested in Egypt as an example

-Geaux

I guess parents could check out EVERYTHING other people do, and then they'd just look like they're control freaks. Sometimes you have to trust people.

And if I don't? Then what, they might be "insulted" that I don't trust them with /my/ kids? I don't give two fucks if folks think I'm a control freak, I check(ed) everywhere my children went because it was /my/ responsibility to ensure my children's safety and well-being. That even included searching my family members homes to ensure that everything my kids could be harmed by was taken care of to my satisfaction. I opened every reachable cabinet and drawer in their aunt and uncles house, installed new outlet covers, and installed toilet locks on every bowl as well as made them move the couch so it wasn't next to the stairs (where the kids could climb over the railing and fall.) They actually thanked me for the help since they were planning to start a family eventually and didn't know half the shit I had checked and gone over with them. (Now they have 12 damn kids!! wtf are they thinking?!?! lol)
Frosted Flakes for breakfast, cream cheese and jelly on toast for lunch.

I wouldn't ever have given my son sugar cereal. And they aren't saying the daycare can't give cream cheese and jelly. They can't give French fries.
Well Silly Jilly...one thing you have failed to learn, even at your advance age...

It is this: whenever the government, as it is constituted today, gets involved in any issue it's goal is not to protect the American people. It's goal is to enrich and empower itself.

You can thank me later for enlightening you Silly Jilly.

Then again the person doing this isn't an elected official, it's not someone who seeks to gain personally from this, it's a mother with two daughters.
I have not nor will I criticize Mrs. Obama for her efforts to promote good nutrition. In fact, I commend her for it.

But again, once the government gets involved in anything, seldom are the results effective or beneficial for the American people.

-Geaux

I expose and show disdain when folks compare us to other countries when trying to emphasize a point. My thread about Homosexuality and the 11 arrested in Egypt as an example

-Geaux

What?

I didn't mention any other country.

Second, comparing the US to other countries is a valid point.

Thirdly, what the fuck has Egypt and some thread I may or may not have read got to do with it?

I guess parents could check out EVERYTHING other people do, and then they'd just look like they're control freaks. Sometimes you have to trust people.

And if I don't? Then what, they might be "insulted" that I don't trust them with /my/ kids? I don't give two fucks if folks think I'm a control freak, I check(ed) everywhere my children went because it was /my/ responsibility to ensure my children's safety and well-being. That even included searching my family members homes to ensure that everything my kids could be harmed by was taken care of to my satisfaction. I opened every reachable cabinet and drawer in their aunt and uncles house, installed new outlet covers, and installed toilet locks on every bowl as well as made them move the couch so it wasn't next to the stairs (where the kids could climb over the railing and fall.) They actually thanked me for the help since they were planning to start a family eventually and didn't know half the shit I had checked and gone over with them. (Now they have 12 damn kids!! wtf are they thinking?!?! lol)

I wouldn't ever have given my son sugar cereal. And they aren't saying the daycare can't give cream cheese and jelly. They can't give French fries.
Well Silly Jilly...one thing you have failed to learn, even at your advance age...

It is this: whenever the government, as it is constituted today, gets involved in any issue it's goal is not to protect the American people. It's goal is to enrich and empower itself.

Then again the person doing this isn't an elected official, it's not someone who seeks to gain personally from this, it's a mother with two daughters.
I have not nor will I criticize Mrs. Obama for her efforts to promote good nutrition. In fact, I commend her for it.

But again, once the government gets involved in anything, seldom are the results effective or beneficial for the American people.

Maybe that's because anything worth while gets fought so much it never works....

But as to another post, maybe it's time people should start electing people who can actually run government well, instead of people who use it to make themselves feel good.

-Geaux

-Geaux

What?

Thirdly, what the fuck has Egypt and some thread I may or may not have read got to do with it?

Yes you did. I highlighted it for you above

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux

What?

-Geaux

So which countries did I mention then?

They you wonder why we have a generation of crybaby running for safe space when they hear the name Trump

-Geaux

-Geaux

What?

-Geaux

People like you who compare us to other countries as justification for us to do the same, never mention the singular country, it's always plural

-Geaux

-Geaux

What?

-Geaux

People like you who compare us to other countries as justification for us to do the same, never mention the singular country, it's always plural

-Geaux

People like me? Yeah, people who have EXPERIENCED other countries, see how OTHER THINGS work.

People like you live in an insular world and believe nothing can be done unless it's been done within three miles of your rifle.

I'm sorry I have more experiences of other governments, more knowledge than you, more insight into what can and can't be done, and I'm really fucking sorry it makes you angry that there are people who have not only been out of their state, but also been to other countries.

Maybe that's because anything worth while gets fought so much it never works....

But as to another post, maybe it's time people should start electing people who can actually run government well, instead of people who use it to make themselves feel good.
One only needs to look at what the central government has done since Lincoln's time, to see that is a criminal enterprise. Just as Lincoln enriched the R party by subsidizing railroads, Obama has enriched the D party by subsidizing green energy.

Railroads and green energy are good things, until Uncle Sam gets involved. Then they turn into racketeering enterprises.

One only needs to look at what the central government has done since Lincoln's time, to see that is a criminal enterprise. Just as Lincoln enriched the R party by subsidizing railroads, Obama has enriched the D party by subsidizing green energy.

Railroads and green energy are good things, until Uncle Sam gets involved. Then they turn into racketeering enterprises.

So why don't people just not vote the main two parties? 2016 will see another 95% for them.

So why don't people just not vote the main two parties? 2016 will see another 95% for them.
Don't be naive.

A majority of the people have no clue what's going on...and the statists and oligarchy know this.

-Geaux

What?

-Geaux

-Geaux

People like me? Yeah, people who have EXPERIENCED other countries, see how OTHER THINGS work.

People like you live in an insular world and believe nothing can be done unless it's been done within three miles of your rifle.

I'm sorry I have more experiences of other governments, more knowledge than you, more insight into what can and can't be done, and I'm really fucking sorry it makes you angry that there are people who have not only been out of their state, but also been to other countries.

I'm not angry. Just pointing out the dishonesty when comparing us to other countries. How about we treat gays the same way most other countries do?

-Geaux

Don't be naive.

A majority of the people have no clue what's going on...and the statists and oligarchy know this.

Being naive? I'm not being naive. However even if you do fight against the political elite by saying they shouldn't ever do anything, what does this serve then? nothing, because the people will just vote for the main people.

Or maybe give those people something else to shout about. Trump's done it, and based on almost nothing. Do it based on "hey, let's get democracy back by changing the way we vote" and people might listen if enough people say it.

I grew up eating Frosted Flakes and drinking Cherry Kool Aid made with real sugar and so did most of the kids I grew up with

None of us are obese.

That settles it then. Some dude who thinks he's skull says eating sugar a d fried foods has no harmful effect on kids or anyone else.

Skulls anecdotal story proves it.

Hey skull are there ANY fat people in your America?
Skull in your America, does eating right and exercising have ANY benefits?

What?

-Geaux

-Geaux

I'm not angry. Just pointing out the dishonesty when comparing us to other countries. How about we treat gays the same way most other countries do?

-Geaux

How is it dishonest to compare the US to other countries? Surely ignoring reality would be dishonest. Trying to limit a debate to avoid things you're uncomfortable with is dishonest.

Treat gay people the same way most other countries do? No, that wouldn't be a good idea. Then again this threat isn't about gay people.

Don't be naive.

Being naive? I'm not being naive. However even if you do fight against the political elite by saying they shouldn't ever do anything, what does this serve then? nothing, because the people will just vote for the main people.

Or maybe give those people something else to shout about. Trump's done it, and based on almost nothing. Do it based on "hey, let's get democracy back by changing the way we vote" and people might listen if enough people say it.
It is most certainly naive to ask the question you did. That being....So why don't people just not vote the main two parties?

I never posted that I think pols should do nothing, but it is clear that today when pols do something, it often is detrimental. No?

Don't be naive.

It is most certainly naive to ask the question you did. That being....So why don't people just not vote the main two parties?

I never posted that I think pols should do nothing, but it is clear that today when pols do something, it often is detrimental. No?

Making the assumption that I asked the question because I didn't know the answer...... as if I'm an idiot.....

Forum List

Back