Michigan Allows Adoption Agents to Opt-Out of Adoption to Gay "Couples"

Do adoption agencies have a right to insist couples provide both a mother & father to children?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Bearing in mind that most LGBT members had regular access to both a father and mother as they were growing up...

In what seems like bracing to allow the conversation to continue in any eventuality of a Decision by SCOTUS, Michigan recognizing LGBT legally as behaviors and not a static class, allows adoption agents to essentially screen prospective couples for the presence of both a mother and a father before adopting children to them.

The logic is sound. The majority of people and many LGBTs themselves believe that children have an intrinsic and inaliable right to both a mother and a father in marriage. And in fact, states only get involved in marriage to incentivize both a mother and a father in marriage for the best benefit of kids.

Reuters) - Michigan's governor signed legislation on Thursday allowing private adoption agencies to refuse to place children with same-sex couples on religious grounds, one of a series of Republican-backed measures at the state level targeting gay couples....The action comes as the U.S. Supreme Court prepares to issue a ruling by the end of this month on whether same-sex marriage will be legalized nationwide....It came on the same day that Republican lawmakers in North Carolina pushed through legislation permitting government officials to refuse to perform same-sex marriages by citing religious objections, overriding the governor's veto....The Michigan bills that were signed into law let faith-based agencies that contract with Michigan refuse adoption services to couples on religious grounds. Michigan governor signs bills allowing gay-couple adoption refusal - News - WIBQ - 1230 AM Terre Haute IN - 1440 AM Paris IL
Will gays sue about this? Yes, of course. But they have the 1st Amendment as a hurdle. And this: Prince s Trust Survey The Voices of the Voteless Children in Gay Marriage Debate US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Edit: I have to include this response below from an LGBT lobbyist-blogger and the legal stance LGBTs are advertising (read the part in the article quote in bold Disir. Michigan is funding them and allowing them to insist on a mother and father when couples apply. If your goons cut off federal funding to orphanges in blackmail to force them to surrender their orphans to gays, this issue is going to go before the US Supreme Court)

As long as those agencies don't receive any federal funding. :smile:
So you're willing to use money as a club to force adoption agencies to disgorge their vulnerable orphans to a cult whose messiah is a guy who sodomized vulnerable orphans boys?
Are you listening SCOTUS?

You realize such blackmail will only hurt children. Our country will not be forced to surrender children to your cult members....under the threat of hurting children if we don't...

Last edited:
In what seems like bracing to allow the conversation to continue in any eventuality of a Decision by SCOTUS, Michigan recognizing LGBT legally as behaviors and not a static class, allows adoption agents to essentially screen prospective couples for the presence of both a mother and a father before adopting children to them.
The logic is sound. The majority of people and many LGBTs themselves believe (and had) that children have an intrinsic and inaliable right to both a mother and a father in marriage. And in fact that states only get involved in marriage to incentivize both a mother and a father in marriage for the best benefit of kids.
Reuters) - Michigan's governor signed legislation on Thursday allowing private adoption agencies to refuse to place children with same-sex couples on religious grounds, one of a series of Republican-backed measures at the state level targeting gay couples....The action comes as the U.S. Supreme Court prepares to issue a ruling by the end of this month on whether same-sex marriage will be legalized nationwide....It came on the same day that Republican lawmakers in North Carolina pushed through legislation permitting government officials to refuse to perform same-sex marriages by citing religious objections, overriding the governor's veto....The Michigan bills that were signed into law let faith-based agencies that contract with Michigan refuse adoption services to couples on religious grounds. Michigan governor signs bills allowing gay-couple adoption refusal - News - WIBQ - 1230 AM Terre Haute IN - 1440 AM Paris IL
Will gays sue about this? Yes, of course. But they have the 1st Amendment as a hurdle. And this: Prince s Trust Survey The Voices of the Voteless Children in Gay Marriage Debate US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Michigan has no laws protecting gays from discrimination. And these are private organizations. I don't know that this was even necessary.

So you're willing to use money as a club to force adoption agencies to disgorge their vulnerable orphans to a cult whose messiah is a guy who sodomized vulnerable orphans boys?

Are you listening SCOTUS? You realize such blackmail will only hurt children. Our country will not be forced to surrender children to your cult members....under the threat of hurting children if we don't...

:lmao:

Just when you thought Sil couldn't be any sillier...

Are you listening SCOTUS? You realize such blackmail will only hurt children. Our country will not be forced to surrender children to your cult members....under the threat of hurting children if we don't...

No federal funding allowed for those that insist on discriminating. Now, discriminate all you want as long as you're a private organization.

So you're willing to use money as a club to force adoption agencies to disgorge their vulnerable orphans to a cult whose messiah is a guy who sodomized vulnerable orphans boys?.........Are you listening SCOTUS? You realize such blackmail will only hurt children. Our country will not be forced to surrender children to your cult members....under the threat of hurting children if we don't...

No federal funding allowed for those that insist on discriminating. Now, discriminate all you want as long as you're a private organization.
Congrats Disir. Your official position on blackmailing people in charge of children, under threat of hurting the children if they don't abide by your demands made the OP. That's a first for my threads.

So you're willing to use money as a club to force adoption agencies to disgorge their vulnerable orphans to a cult whose messiah is a guy who sodomized vulnerable orphans boys?.........Are you listening SCOTUS? You realize such blackmail will only hurt children. Our country will not be forced to surrender children to your cult members....under the threat of hurting children if we don't...

Congrats Disir. Your official position on blackmailing people in charge of children, under threat of hurting the children if they don't abide by your demands made the OP. That's a first for my threads.

No. I told you this on your other thread and at that time I brought you the stats and information that those agencies will not be missed. They were not missed in Illinois.

No. I told you this on your other thread and at that time I brought you the stats and information that those agencies will not be missed. They were not missed in Illinois.

You mean "not missed" by your cult members. I'm sure orphaned kids always grieve the loss of a safe haven when LGBTs successfully strongarm them out of existence. Your cult's continuing disregard for the wellbeing of children is duly noted for the record.

You mean "not missed" by your cult members. I'm sure orphaned kids always grieve the loss of a safe haven when LGBTs successfully strongarm them out of existence. Your cult's continuing disregard for the wellbeing of children is duly noted for the record.

My cult?

How is this discrimination?

Denying same sex couples the ability to adopt due to religious reasons.

You can do that. You just can't do that with federal funding. Nor should you be able to.

You can do that. You just can't do that with federal funding. Nor should you be able to.
But the federal government gets a good deal of their revenue (through taxation) from people who do not agree with LGBT lifestyles and who (by their own volition) would choose not to offer such services in the first place.

If it's impossible for a couple to have had at least the genetic combination that would allow pro-creation then they don't get to adopt. Two males could never have a child therefore they don't get to adopt.

But the federal government gets a good deal of their revenue (through taxation) from people who do not agree with LGBT lifestyles and who (by their own volition) would choose not to offer such services in the first place.

And?

They get a good deal of revenue by those that don't have a problem with it.

People like to pretend that the good religious organizations are running orphanages. They aren't.

:lmao:

Just when you thought Sil couldn't be any sillier...
Just going to ad hominem or do you have an actual point you'd like to make?

I've made many points concerning the lies you spread about The Prince's Trust; however, you ignore them...like all the points that doesn't support your rabidly anti-gay narrative.

Show us where the Prince's Trust mentions gay parents. You can't. Show us where this study claims role models can only be found in a parent. You can't. All of findings in this study you have invented to serve your narrative. You're nothing more than a sad charlatan.

When so many married couples are eager to adopt, it makes no sense to give preference to homosexuals.

And?

They get a good deal of revenue by those that don't have a problem with it.

People like to pretend that the good religious organizations are running orphanages. They aren't.
Religious organizations DO operate and maintain orphanages.

But back to the discussion at hand...

Even though I might oppose abortion, gay marriage, transgender access to public restrooms, etc., etc... I still have to pay for it. Right?

And to add insult to injury, so to speak, if I own a bakery and refuse to make a cake for a gay couple (even though it violates my own personal beliefs)... I get fined and bankrupted and run out of business.

It looks to me that "free speech" is only free to Liberals and no one else.

Forum List

Back