Michigan Allows Adoption Agents to Opt-Out of Adoption to Gay "Couples"

Do adoption agencies have a right to insist couples provide both a mother & father to children?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Out right lie, Sil. I have condemned all adult grooming of children for adoption and sexual assault, whereas you have not.

Out right lie, Sil. I have condemned all adult grooming of children for adoption and sexual assault, whereas you have not.

OK, but to be sure, answer all these questions first:

1. Do you have a pack of Harvey Milk postage stamps in your wallet or have you ever bought or used one before?

2. Do you support laws requiring kids in California having to do commemorative exercises each May 22nd honoring Milk's socio-sexual achievements?

3. Have you ever started a thread denouncing the hero-emulation by the LGBT community of Harvey Milk?

4. Have you ever even made a post denouncing the hero-emulation by the LGBT community of Harvey Milk?

5. Have you ever made a post attempting to apologize for or gloss over Milk's having a 16 year old minor "lover"?

6. Do you see a general trend in any of the other LGBT posters or community members having done any of the things I mentioned in #1-5?

Bonus question #7: Do you approve of the content of the photo in my signature showing the Boy Scouts of America centered in New York City's 2014 gay pride parade, just behind the gay guy with the red banana-hammock marching just in front of them?

Milk 'inspiration' for new postage art
'Forever stamp' soon to be released in honor of homosexual activist
..biography of Milk called “The Mayor of Castro Street.”
Thomasson delivered copies of pages in the 1982 book to members of the California Assembly. The book describes Milk’s sexual relationships with a 16-year-old, a 19-year-old and other young men.
According to the book: “Sixteen-year-old McKinley was looking for some kind of father figure. … At thirty-three, Milk was launching a new life, though he could hardly have imagined the unlikely direction toward which his new lover would pull him.” Harvey Milk inspiration for new postage art

The 16 year old was a legal minor. Milk officiated publicly as the boy's father while he was sodomizing him. Even while proof of that was delivered to the California Assembly, that state remains adamant that Milk is a "sexual hero" and requires children in schools there to celebrate Milk with commemorative exercizes each May 22nd.

Actually, according to the book pages 30-33, McKinley was originally living with a guy by the name of Tom O'Hogan in New York. McKinley told O'Hogan that he had a suitor and Tom thought that McKinley was trying to make him jealous but he wanted McKinley to go in case he was looking for a father figure. The line reads, "He was relieved when the suitor materialized, since he was already worried that sixteen-year-old McKinley was looking for some kind of father figure."

They were together some five or six years and McKinley left Milk to return to New York because he hated Dallas. They remained friends.

At the beginning of this chapter it says the following, "I came to New York so I could suck cock."
John Galen McKinley delighted in telling Harvey that this was the sole explanation of why at sixteen he decided to quit high school, jump a Greyhound bus, and leave rural Hagerstown, Maryland, for the gay scene in Greenwich Village he'd heard rumors of.

At any rate 33 years old, which puts us at 1963. It mattered not one whit that McKinley was 16 and do you know why? Because all homosexual acts were illegal. The good people of New York didn't give a damn about McKinley's age. Age of consent laws were for heterosexuals not homosexuals. In fact, age of consent laws including LGBT youth doesn't even start to become important for another 10-15 years.

They were together some five or six years and McKinley left Milk to return to New York because he hated Dallas. They remained friends....At the beginning of this chapter it says the following, "I came to New York so I could suck cock."
John Galen McKinley delighted in telling Harvey that this was the sole explanation of why at sixteen he decided to quit high school
, jump a Greyhound bus, and leave rural Hagerstown, Maryland, for the gay scene in Greenwich Village he'd heard rumors of...At any rate 33 years old, which puts us at 1963. It mattered not one whit that McKinley was 16 and do you know why? Because all homosexual acts were illegal. The good people of New York didn't give a damn about McKinley's age. Age of consent laws were for heterosexuals not homosexuals. In fact, age of consent laws including LGBT youth doesn't even start to become important for another 10-15 years.

Yes, it's very common for children who have been sexually abused to become promiscuous. I think I saw a statistic once that said of prostitutes surveyed, something like over 90% of them had been sexually violated as children. I'm not saying Harvey Milk was the first to violate the minor boy Jack McKinley. I'm saying that even and ESPECIALLY at-risk youth need protection from further adult predation. They need counseling, not further sexual abuse as "already ruined children". Your defense of this practice is noted for the record.

As to their "remaining friends" after Milk dumped Jack for fresher meat (not the other way around dear), here's a snippet also from the biography I note that you didn't include. Yet you seem familiar with the book. Odd that you'd leave that out when describing their "post relationship friendship". Jack McKinley's obvious mental frailty and wanting (desperately needing) Milk to be his father figure instead of his rapist (probably the source of his past issues?) eventually led poor McKinley to crack..

“…the phone rang. As soon as Harvey heard the voice, he rolled his eyes
impatiently at Jim. ‘It’s Jack McKinley,’ he said. He paused and listened
further. ‘He says he’s going to kill himself.’…‘Tell him not to make a mess,’
Harvey deadpanned. Jack hung up.” (Source: Randy Shilts, The Mayor of
Castro Street, p. 126)

Jack ended up jumping to his death off a buidling near where the two met in NYNY. That's a really warm post-relationship breakup. I think one or maybe two more of Milk's boy sex-toys also committed suicide after Milk dumped them for fresher meat as they aged beyond his sexual-appetite age-fetish. Maybe another poster, (even you?) could post the names of those boys.

Don't forget, in California (courtesy or rigorous LGBT lobbying there) every May 22nd, kids in elementary, Jr. High and High schools are required to do commemorative exercizes celebrating Harvey Milk's socio-sexual "achievements". They can check out his biography in any library and do an extra credit report on him. They can cite pages 180 and 126...

Last edited:
They were together some five or six years and McKinley left Milk to return to New York because he hated Dallas. They remained friends....At the beginning of this chapter it says the following, "I came to New York so I could suck cock."
John Galen McKinley delighted in telling Harvey that this was the sole explanation of why at sixteen he decided to quit high school
, jump a Greyhound bus, and leave rural Hagerstown, Maryland, for the gay scene in Greenwich Village he'd heard rumors of...At any rate 33 years old, which puts us at 1963. It mattered not one whit that McKinley was 16 and do you know why? Because all homosexual acts were illegal. The good people of New York didn't give a damn about McKinley's age. Age of consent laws were for heterosexuals not homosexuals. In fact, age of consent laws including LGBT youth doesn't even start to become important for another 10-15 years.

Yes, it's very common for children who have been sexually abused to become promiscuous. I think I saw a statistic once that said of prostitutes surveyed, something like over 90% of them had been sexually violated as children. I'm not saying Harvey Milk was the first to violate the minor boy Jack McKinley. I'm saying that even and ESPECIALLY at-risk youth need protection from further adult predation. They need counseling, not further sexual abuse as "already ruined children". Your defense of this practice is noted for the record.

As to their "remaining friends" after Milk dumped Jack for fresher meat (not the other way around dear), here's a snippet also from the biography I note that you didn't include. Yet you seem familiar with the book. Odd that you'd leave that out when describing their "post relationship friendship". Jack McKinley's obvious mental frailty and wanting (desperately needing) Milk to be his father figure instead of his rapist (probably the source of his past issues?) eventually led poor McKinley to crack..

“…the phone rang. As soon as Harvey heard the voice, he rolled his eyes
impatiently at Jim. ‘It’s Jack McKinley,’ he said. He paused and listened
further. ‘He says he’s going to kill himself.’…‘Tell him not to make a mess,’
Harvey deadpanned. Jack hung up.” (Source: Randy Shilts, The Mayor of
Castro Street, p. 126)

Jack ended up jumping to his death off a buidling near where the two met in NYNY. That's a really warm post-relationship breakup.

You better be real damn careful there. I am not defending that practice by any means. I'm point blank telling you that you are attempting to judge the man by today's legal standards. Further, you distort shit. It's 2015. Whole different ballgame. Don't do it again.

He did remain friends with him. Jack McKinley left Harvey Milk when they were living in Dallas and returned to New York. He took the dog. He then goes back after Harvey Milk is in a relationship and stays at his apartment and leaves the dog. Does it sound like there is a whole lot of animosity there? No.

Jack McKinley threatened to commit suicide several times. He was diagnosed as manic depressive. He went on drug binges. He told him several times not to leave a mess.

The book speaks for itself. I stand by what I said. If you don't want people to think you are defending a child sexual assailant's crimes, then it would probably be wise not to do so in words. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't fully understand the behavioral expressions of children who have been sexually molested, turning to prostitution. For now I'll believe that you were ignorant that one of the main symptoms of the crimes against them is their promiscuity.

Jack McKinley threatened to commit suicide several times. He was diagnosed as manic depressive. He went on drug binges. He told him several times not to leave a mess.

Yes, and Harvey Milk knew what a mess this boy was as he was sodomizing him under age. Which makes the felony count in California, where he was doing that most of the time, go up to three:

1. Sodomy with a minor (which is still on the books there, regardless of adult sodomy laws)

2. Sodomy with a person who is mentally ill.

3. Sodomy with a person under the influence of drugs.

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot about the three-count felony part of Milk's crimes against Jack McKinley. And two-count against the other boys who were just-barely legal that he also sodomized who were threatening suicide and on drugs at the time...

Probably the perfect time to include this quote from the CDC study of some 3,000 gay men:

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

and...the cyclic nature thereof (Milk himself was molested by men in a theater in NYNY when he was 12 I think)...

Mayo Clinic 2007
One of the most obvious examples of an environmental factor that increases the chances of an individual becoming an offender is if he or she were sexually abused as a child.This relationship is known as the “victim-to-abuser cycle”or “abused-abusers phenomena.”5,23,24,46......
why the “abused abusers phenomena” occurs: identification with the aggressor, in which the abused child is trying to gain a new identity by becoming the abuser; an imprinted sexual arousal pattern established by early abuse; early abuse leading to hypersexual behavior; or a form of social learning took place http://www.drrichardhall.com/Articles/pedophiles.pdf

Last edited:
Sil can't answer the questions I present earlier about The Prince's Trust so she has decided to derail her own thread into another rant about Milk.

Sil can't answer the questions I present earlier about The Prince's Trust so she has decided to derail her own thread into another rant about Milk.

Sil is still referencing the Prince Trust study...... a study that don't even mention gays, gay parenting, gay marriage or measure the effects of any kind of parenting?

Um, why?

Sil is still referencing the Prince Trust study...... a study that don't even mention gays, gay parenting, gay marriage or measure the effects of any kind of parenting?

Um, why?

We know that and Sil knows that. She is hoping everyone else doesn't though.

Um, why?
You're right. The study never mentions gays at all. It only concludes that a boy missing a father or a girl missing a mother in their daily life = social maladjustment and suicidal tendencies, joblessness and drug addiction in a startling large majority of these children.

Oh, and incidentally, gay relationships promise to deprive boys of fathers and girls of mothers 50% of the time.

Um, why?
You're right. The study never mentions gays at all. It only concludes that a boy missing a father or a girl missing a mother in their daily life = social maladjustment and suicidal tendencies, joblessness and drug addiction in a startling large majority of these children.

Oh, and incidentally, gay relationships promise to deprive boys of fathers and girls of mothers 50% of the time.

No, the study states children missing a role model. The part about the role model only coming from a parent is something you've made up entirely.

Well I was hoping disir could address this post before we jump into the Prince's Trust survey. And no, mdk, the Prince's Trust's conclusions were specifically a boy missing a father figure and a girl missing a mother figure.

Meanwhile, disir?....

The book speaks for itself. I stand by what I said. If you don't want people to think you are defending a child sexual assailant's crimes, then it would probably be wise not to do so in words. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't fully understand the behavioral expressions of children who have been sexually molested, turning to prostitution. For now I'll believe that you were ignorant that one of the main symptoms of the crimes against them is their promiscuity.

Yes, and Harvey Milk knew what a mess this boy was as he was sodomizing him under age. Which makes the felony count in California, where he was doing that most of the time, go up to three:

1. Sodomy with a minor (which is still on the books there, regardless of adult sodomy laws)

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot about the three-count felony part of Milk's crimes against Jack McKinley. And two-count against the other boys who were just-barely legal that he also sodomized who were threatening suicide and on drugs at the time...

Probably the perfect time to include this quote from the CDC study of some 3,000 gay men:
ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

and...the cyclic nature thereof (Milk himself was molested by men in a theater in NYNY when he was 12 I think)...

Mayo Clinic 2007
One of the most obvious examples of an environmental factor that increases the chances of an individual becoming an offender is if he or she were sexually abused as a child.This relationship is known as the “victim-to-abuser cycle”or “abused-abusers phenomena.”5,23,24,46......
why the “abused abusers phenomena” occurs: identification with the aggressor, in which the abused child is trying to gain a new identity by becoming the abuser; an imprinted sexual arousal pattern established by early abuse; early abuse leading to hypersexual behavior; or a form of social learning took place http://www.drrichardhall.com/Articles/pedophiles.pdf

Mayo Clinic 2007

What year were those laws enacted?

Secondly, in reading that article. You have just taken this out of context. The "victim-to-abuser cycle is one of several theories.

Understandably, the majority of LGBT people, when coming to terms with their sexual orientation or trying to understand it, will ask the inevitable question, "why?" or, more specifically, "why me?". I personally have heard many LGBT survivors question whether their sexual orientation is a direct consequence of their earlier sexual abuse (Dimock, 1988).

Within the scientific and social science literature, there is a myriad of research claiming to have identified the direct cause for homosexuality. One of the hypotheses regularly tested is that of whether sexual abuse itself can be the cause of homosexuality in adult life. The results of this research is inconclusive since some research finds a direct correlation between child abuse and homosexuality (Macmillan, 1997; Tomeo et al, 2001; Holmes et al, 1998; Doll et al, 1992; Soukup, 1995; Shrier et al, 1988; Dickson; Finkelhor, 1984), whereas other research expressly denies any correlational link (Ridley, 2003; Balsam et al 2005; Bell et al, 1981; Hammersmith, 1982; Peters & Cantrall, 1991; Slap, 1998). Clearly, the jury is still out!

The intention of this article is not to question why someone becomes homosexual or heterosexual as despite there being many theories focussing on the nature verses nurture debate, there is no universally acknowledged conclusion. In the presence of such conflicting research, we are no closer to conclusively understanding whether a persons’ sexual orientation is determined or strongly influenced by a history of child sexual abuse. However, leaving contradictory statistics aside for the moment, the aim of this article is to identify how problematic it is to claim or jump to the conclusion that anyone is LGBT as a direct result of sexual abuse experiences. Its just some food for thought!

SO - why is it a problem to claim that CSA causes a person to become GLBT?

The numbers don’t add up!

The National Health and Social Life Survey (NHSLS) 1.51% of the population of the US identify as GLBT, whereas other studies put this figure as high as 8% (Fay et al, 1989). However, statistics for people abused in childhood are significantly higher that this, with reliable estimates given for child sexual abuse to be 16% for males and 27% for females in the USA (NRCCSA, 1994).

Therefore, if there is a causal link between childhood sexual abuse and identifying as GLBT later in life, then why aren’t the figures for the number of GLBT people in the population reflected by the abuse statistics? There are significantly more cases of sexual abuse than there are people that identify as GLBT (Macmillan, 1997), and furthermore, the vast majority of persons sexually abused as children are heterosexual (Keith, 1991).

In addition to this, virtually all statistics agree that females are more likely to be sexually abused in childhood than males are - and yet, and yet there are proportionally more men that identify as being gay than there are women who identify as lesbian (Hite, 1991; Janus, 1993, Jefferson, 2001).

Isn't it just too simplistic?

Some claim it is impossible to develop universal theories about the origins of homosexuality because there is no theory that is going to fit for every individual and every situation (Moberly,1983).

As human beings, we are very complex, and it is far too simplistic to say with any certainty that A caused B to happen. To use an analogy, you can teach someone who is left-handed to write with their right hand, but they will forever remain naturally left-handed.

One neuroscientist wrote, “Any human behavior is going to the result of complex intermingling of genetics and environment. It would be astonishing is it were not true for homosexuality” (McFadden, 1998).

The discrepancy between genders:

Some people question whether it is the fact that they were abused by a man / woman that results in their being GLBT.

Female children are statistically more likely to be abused by a male. Lesbian survivors may question whether the reason they are a lesbian is because they fear men as a result of their abuse. This could make sense until you consider the gay male argument related to this.

Male children are also statistically more likely to be abused by a male. Some claim that a man may become gay because he has been abused by a man and therefore identifies sex with men.

In effect, this proposes that a female becomes a lesbian as she is so scared of men because she relates all men to her male abuser. BUT a male actually becomes gay, and hence seeks relationships with men, because he had a male abuser??

Homosexuality itself could increase the chance of abuse:

There is one interesting theory put forward by Wachob (1999) that children who grow up later to identify as LGBT are more at risk of sexual abuse as children. She stipulates that being abused does not cause homosexuality, but rather that children who will later identify as LGBT are more vulnerable to child abuse.

The reasons she gives for this is that LGBT adults report that their behavior and interaction with others was often atypical in childhood when compared to their peers. Being or feeling “different” can result in social isolation / exclusion, which in turn can lead to a child being more vulnerable to the instigation and continuation of abuse (Gracia, 2003).

In addition to this, many gay men in particular, report that they remember feeling dissatisfied or uncomfortable with their body as children, and as young teens they sought out situations in which to try to make sense of their sexual feelings (O’ Leary, 2006). Unfortunately, therefore, abuse could occur in this situation because abusers take advantage of the child’s uncertainties and insecurities.

Being GLBT is not dysfunctional!

Claims that GLBT can be “caused” by child sexual abuse are troublesome because this implicitly implies that being GLBT is not a positive thing, but something that has occured as a result of serious trauma. Therefore are we not comparing being GLBT to suffering from PTSD, DID or depression? Being GLBT is not an illness!

Infact, talking of illness, according to the American Psychiatric Association (2000), a history of sexual abuse does not appear to be more prevalent in children who grow up to identify as GLBT that in people who identify as heterosexual.

Of course, sexual abuse can interfere with a survivors sexual development, sexual enjoyment, the way they engage in sexual behaviors, the ability to know and voice what they want – but it seems unlikely that it would play a role in creating passion, attraction and love for another person.
The problem with the believe that abuse causes homosexuality

If there are no other takers, no other people willing to adopt a child and the only option left is to allow a Gay couple to adopt that child -- Do it.

Look, people. I'm sorry that so many of you were born lacking. Seriously. I'm sorry you dimocrap men aren't really very good at being men and you dimocrap women only know how to be whores and not very good at being women.

really, it must suck.

What sucks the most is that you can't acquire, keep or maintain a relationship with the opposite sex.

You're not man or woman enough to do so. That's gotta suck.

So, AFAIC, you can form your little pretend relationships with each other. Fine with me. Go for it.

A homosexual relationship is probably better than no relationship at all but it's not a Heterosexual relationship. It is not a true love and affection relationship.

A homosexual relationship is a substitute for no relationship at all, not a substitute for a real relationship between a real Man and a real Woman.

Don't like it? Suck on it. At least we're not throwing you off tall buildings.

There's that

That's not what it says. It says that the lack of a same sex role model can produce bad outcomes.

But the study never says that a same sex role model must be a parent. Or that parents are always good same sex role models. You made that up.

Back in reality, an uncle or aunt could be a good same sex role model. A grand parent could, as could a cousin. So could a couch, a family friend, a pastor, a teacher, or a litany of other sources.

Yet you ignore it all, insist it can ONLY be a parent, and then make sweeping condemnations of two parent same sex households......none of which the Prince Trust study even mentions.

Worse, there are studies galore that directly address the health of children of same sex parents. And they overwhelmingly find that the kids are fine. Yet these studies contradict you. So being the Avatar of Confirmation Bias that you are, you ignore them. So you make up findings for a study that doesn't say anything you do.....and you ignore studies that explicity contradict you. This Confirmation Bias fallacy and straight up hallucinations are the basis of your beliefs.

Um.....why should we give a shit what you believe?

A homosexual relationship is probably better than no relationship at all but it's not a Heterosexual relationship. It is not a true love and affection relationship.

And how do you know this? Have you been in a homosexual relationship and a heterosexual relationship to compare them?

Or are you merely arguing your own personal prejudices?

If there are no other takers, no other people willing to adopt a child and the only option left is to allow a Gay couple to adopt that child -- Do it.

Look, people. I'm sorry that so many of you were born lacking. Seriously. I'm sorry you dimocrap men aren't really very good at being men and you dimocrap women only know how to be whores and not very good at being women.

really, it must suck.

What sucks the most is that you can't acquire, keep or maintain a relationship with the opposite sex.

You're not man or woman enough to do so. That's gotta suck.

So, AFAIC, you can form your little pretend relationships with each other. Fine with me. Go for it.

A homosexual relationship is a substitute for no relationship at all, not a substitute for a real relationship between a real Man and a real Woman.

Don't like it? Suck on it. At least we're not throwing you off tall buildings.

There's that

The old "at least we don't kill you" shtick rears its ugly head again. Too funny.

Sil admitted in #42 above that he falsified what he said about me.

Sil still has not condemned ALL grooming of children by abusers gay and straight.

Still cannot be taken seriously at all until he removes the log from his eyes.

All abusers are wrong, and all have to be condemned. It is beyond me why Sil will not do that.

The old "at least we don't kill you" shtick rears its ugly head again. Too funny.

You and your fellow queers keep pissing people off.

You won't like what happens.

What I'm telling you is that I think it's okay for people who are, for one reason or another, incapable of forming a love and affection relationships with the opposite sex to form a relationship with the same sex if that's what they want.

IMO, it's probably better than living, and dying, alone.

But it's not a substitute for a real, love and affection, blood of my blood, Man - Woman Relationship.

The fallacy, and what is starting to really piss people off, is that you and your fellow butt-rangers DEMAND that everybody recognize it as being equal.

It isn't. It just fucking isn't.

Very bad things happen in this life every now and then. I'm talking Biblical Proportion things, things that change the course and direction of humanity...... Vast plagues, Genocidal Wars of Total Destruction, incredible economic hardships that would make the Great Depression look like a picnic.......

Or maybe just a simple Armed Insurrection.

When, not 'if' -- When one of those occurs, are you and your butt-ranger pals going to feel comfortable?

Better be careful who you piss off.

Forum List

Back