Michigan Allows Adoption Agents to Opt-Out of Adoption to Gay "Couples"

Do adoption agencies have a right to insist couples provide both a mother & father to children?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just curious. What other 'strings' do you think should be attached to government assistance?
Shall we say drug testing for those who receive welfare funding?
Good point. My point with this thread though is that it is NEVER OK to withold funds (food, clothing, shelter) from children, orphans, for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. Anyone advocating that this be done is advocating holding children hostage and negligent child abuse. Such people are not fit to adopt children.
LGBT promoters here at USMB have proposed that this be done. That is unforgivable. The number of LGBT posters that have spoken up against this threat by other more outspoken LGBT promoters is "0". Zero. And that is speaking volumes about their community's regard for the wellbeing of kids in general...that and my signature photo.
Really......so if an orphanage was found to have abused children, you think they should continue to get funds? If an orphanage was found to be embezzling money, they should still get funds? If an orphanage refused to let Asians adopt, or Jews adopt, or Republicans adopt, they should continue to get funds?
Your argument is now that adoption agencies and orphanages are outside the bounds of the law? :lmao:
Some would consider placing them in deviant sex couple homes sans a mother or a father is a form of abuse.

Yeah and Some are idiots.

Just curious. What other 'strings' do you think should be attached to government assistance?

Shall we say drug testing for those who receive welfare funding?

Good point. My point with this thread though is that it is NEVER OK to withold funds (food, clothing, shelter) from children, orphans, for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.

But you are willing to withhold funds to children rather than let them be adopted- if they are adopted by gay parents.

Children awaiting adoption- almost all of whom are abandoned by their biological parents- wait an average of 3 years for adoption. Some 60,000 kids a year age out of the system- dumped out of the system without any family to support them emotionally or financially.

You prefer this to children having gay parents.

You think that he stuck it to me?? Seriously? You and he deserve each other. There is more stupid and bigoted bovine excrement going on here than I can stand. You do not have a clue about what you're talking about. Do you have any idea how many children are already in the care of gay people and that many of them have been adopted? What sort of ignorant, irrational reasons do you have for opposing gay adoption? You can't just say idiotic crap like and think that you do not have to back it up. Do you think that people are supposed to just accept these appeals to fear and ignorance?

Settle down...you're going to stroke. Sheesh, are you gay or something?

I am not hardly having a stroke but I am passionate about children and get really pissed about this sort of thing. As to my sexual orientation.....that is not anyone's business unless they want to date me. Is that why you're asking?

Sorry bub, I'm happily married....with children....two adopted. :)

I wasn't really interested. I don't date Neanderthals and I'm happily married too. As far as children , it's been said that, in terms of their values, they either turn out just like the parents or the polar opposite. I hope, for the sake of your children, they are the opposite. That way, they will have a chance in the 21st century, enlightened world of evolving standards of human decency and a commitment to equality.

Sincerely, Bub

Well, Bub, one of them was Student Of The Year last school year, two are champion gymnasts and all of them rank in the top 5% of their respective classes, who knew a Neanderthal could be such a great parent....eh asshole?

You're all butt hurt because of my stance, learn some of that tolerance you dumb ass libturds bawl about

Bigots can raise some great children.
So can homosexuals.

Doesn't change either.

So can homosexuals.

Doesn't change either.
Wolves can raise some great children too. Doesn't mean adoption agencies should allow them to adopt.

Oh wait, let me guess, you would object to that because you would say that a child being raised by a wolf pack wouldn't turn out great because a child shouldn't be raised in a wolf-cultural milieu...?

So can homosexuals.

Doesn't change either.
Wolves can raise some great children too.

Wolves eat children who are abandoned by their biological parents.

Couples who volunteer to adopt children who have been abandoned by their biological parents- gay or straight- are offering to be parents for children who want and need a family for the rest of their lives.

You- you would prefer wolves.

So can homosexuals.

Doesn't change either.
Wolves can raise some great children too. Doesn't mean adoption agencies should allow them to adopt.

Oh wait, let me guess, you would object to that because you would say that a child being raised by a wolf pack wouldn't turn out great because a child shouldn't be raised in a wolf-cultural milieu...?

Every time you bring up wolves raising children I find it harder to believe you are serious in your arguments..... :lol:

So can homosexuals.

Doesn't change either.

Every time you bring up wolves raising children I find it harder to believe you are serious in your arguments..... :lol:

Wolves are predators... which have no sense of human cultural boundaries...

Homosexuals are sexual predators, who have no respect for, thus reject any sense of human sexual boundaries.

Now I'd ask if you understand, but the simple fact is that you've demonstrated an embarrassingly low threshold for reason.

But I'd ask you to try... at least 'feel really hard' and see if you can find something in that which seems cogently similar.

So can homosexuals.

Doesn't change either.

Homosexuals are sexual predators, who have no respect for, thus reject any sense of human sexual boundaries.

Now I'd ask if you understand, but the simple fact is that you've demonstrated an embarrassingly low threshold for reason.

But I'd ask you to try... at least 'feel really hard' and see if you can find something in that which seems cogently similar.

Homophobes are human predators- who have no respect for human beings.

So can homosexuals.

Doesn't change either.

Who says that 'homosexuals are sexual predators'?

The Mayo Clinic says they have a propensity to molest, thanks to the CDC's findings of their having been molested as children as an "epidemic" and the Mayo Clinic's identifying the "abused-abuser syndrome" being the one way that is most predictive of who will or will not be a child molestor.

Every time you bring up wolves raising children I find it harder to believe you are serious in your arguments.....
It's a didactic device to illustrate how someone claiming that alternative parenting is always a good idea where their subjective opinion is "the kids turned out great" is not necessarily supported by sane people/the majority of society.. I'm sure from the wolf's point of view, as well as the gay "mom and dad" (impossible), any children adopted and raised in their midst "turned out just fine"...according to their standards of what is "just fine"..

But these findings fly in the face of that, at least with the physical defects always present in a gay "marriage".. Prince s Trust Survey The Voices of the Voteless Children in Gay Marriage Debate US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The Mayo Clinic says they have a propensity to molest, thanks to the CDC's findings of their having been molested as children as an "epidemic" and the Mayo Clinic's identifying the "abused-abuser syndrome" being the one way that is most predictive of who will or will not be a child molestor.

Of course they have a propensity to molest children.

Homosexuality does not just deviate from the human sexual norm... it deviates as far from the human sexual standard, as human sexuality can be deviated... at least where the subjects at issue, remain exclusively human.

Meaning that to be a homosexual, one literally has to cross over every potential point of deviation... to get there.

There's NO LINE, no standard, no REASON that a homosexual will not molest a child.

Now Reader, you can test that for yourself.

Find any homosexual and ask them where they stand on the issue of Adult pursuit of children for sexual gratification.

You'll likely get some form of deflection... probably faux-outrage "HOW DARE YOU!... " let them rant... then when the dust settles a bit, ask them where they stand on the issue of the Adult pursuit of Children for sexual gratification. Repeat that as required until they come down from the ceiling and answer it.

The likelihood is that you will not get an answer. Which tells you everything you need to know....

On the off chance that you find one that will tell you that they're against it, ask them "Why".

The answer you will get is that 'it's illegal!".

the lowest probability is that you'll get the correct answer, which is that "Children are not emotionally equipped to understand what sex is." And that's because homosexuals do not understand what sex is... .

But it's as close as they can get to the truth.

THEN... ask them where they would be if the law was changed and the pursuit of sexual gratification for gratification with children was legalized?

You will find that the conversation will dry up right there.

Now... that's today.

20 years ago, the question was answered with "It's WRONG! Children are not emotionally prepared or equipped to understand sex..."

Tomorrow, if the SCOTUS finally confesses to it no longer being relevant... you'll find that the Advocacy to Normalize Sexual Abnormality will begin in earnest the drive to legalize the Adult pursuit of Children for Sexual Gratification. And all bets will be off...

And that's because sexual deviancy is a presentation of the mental disorder that is OKA: EVIL!

Every time you bring up wolves raising children I find it harder to believe you are serious in your arguments.....
It's a didactic device to illustrate how someone claiming that alternative parenting is always a good idea where their subjective opinion is "the kids turned out great" is not necessarily supported by sane people/the majority of society.. I'm sure from the wolf's point of view, as well as the gay "mom and dad" (impossible), any children adopted and raised in their midst "turned out just fine"...according to their standards of what is "just fine"..

But these findings fly in the face of that, at least with the physical defects always present in a gay "marriage".. Prince s Trust Survey The Voices of the Voteless Children in Gay Marriage Debate US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Oh look! You've once again linked to yourself, and more, your misrepresentation of the Prince's Trust Youth Index and its findings.

Again....bringing up wolves as though the comparison between gay parents and wolves raising human children (something that is far more of an old wife's tale than reality) does nothing but make you sound like you are trolling or so detached from reality as to make any conversation pointless.

Also, I don't recall seeing any claims that alternative parenting is always a good idea. Instead, people have spoken out in favor of allowing gays to adopt. You seem to be the only one bringing any other alternative parenting options into the discussion.

By the way, what standards would you use to determine if children raised by a particular type of parents have turned out well? Apparently you disagree with those used in studies of the children of gay parents compared to straight parents.

Bearing in mind that most LGBT members had regular access to both a father and mother as they were growing up...

In what seems like bracing to allow the conversation to continue in any eventuality of a Decision by SCOTUS, Michigan recognizing LGBT legally as behaviors and not a static class, allows adoption agents to essentially screen prospective couples for the presence of both a mother and a father before adopting children to them.

The logic is sound. The majority of people and many LGBTs themselves believe that children have an intrinsic and inaliable right to both a mother and a father in marriage. And in fact, states only get involved in marriage to incentivize both a mother and a father in marriage for the best benefit of kids.

Reuters) - Michigan's governor signed legislation on Thursday allowing private adoption agencies to refuse to place children with same-sex couples on religious grounds, one of a series of Republican-backed measures at the state level targeting gay couples....The action comes as the U.S. Supreme Court prepares to issue a ruling by the end of this month on whether same-sex marriage will be legalized nationwide....It came on the same day that Republican lawmakers in North Carolina pushed through legislation permitting government officials to refuse to perform same-sex marriages by citing religious objections, overriding the governor's veto....The Michigan bills that were signed into law let faith-based agencies that contract with Michigan refuse adoption services to couples on religious grounds. Michigan governor signs bills allowing gay-couple adoption refusal - News - WIBQ - 1230 AM Terre Haute IN - 1440 AM Paris IL
Will gays sue about this? Yes, of course. But they have the 1st Amendment as a hurdle. And this: Prince s Trust Survey The Voices of the Voteless Children in Gay Marriage Debate US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Edit: I have to include this response below from an LGBT lobbyist-blogger and the legal stance LGBTs are advertising (read the part in the article quote in bold Disir. Michigan is funding them and allowing them to insist on a mother and father when couples apply. If your goons cut off federal funding to orphanges in blackmail to force them to surrender their orphans to gays, this issue is going to go before the US Supreme Court)

As long as those agencies don't receive any federal funding. :smile:
So you're willing to use money as a club to force adoption agencies to disgorge their vulnerable orphans to a cult whose messiah is a guy who sodomized vulnerable orphans boys?
Are you listening SCOTUS?

You realize such blackmail will only hurt children. Our country will not be forced to surrender children to your cult members....under the threat of hurting children if we don't...
IN a Blue state?.....Wow

No Silhouette- you are just lying again.

The Mayo Clinic has never said any such thing.

You are lying about a report by Dr. Hall and Dr. Hall- calling it the Mayo Clinic- and then lying about what their report said- which was specifically that they were not saying that gay men have a propensity to molest.

Just you lying to attack homosexuals- again.

Of course they have a propensity to molest children.

!

Of course you have a propensity to lie.

The prince trust study never mentions gay marriage. Or gays. Or same sex parenting. Or measures the effects of any kind of parenting.

You hallucinated all of that. And you're about to learn how useless your hallucinations are worth in predicting the outcome of court cases.

Nope. The Mayo Clinic found no such thing. And in fact explicitly refute your claims. You hallucinated your own version of the article. The passages you're quoting simply don't exist.

The CDC has never found that 'their having been molested as children is 'epidemic'. You hallucinated that too.

Is there any part of your argument that doesn't involve delusion?

Forum List

Back